Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1143 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 3995Likes
post #34261 of 34272 Unread 03-25-2017, 08:37 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 463 Post(s)
Liked: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Thanks Oliver! I have dropped about 45 lbs so far and looking close to my college self, few more to go tho. I'm down 3 pant sizes and it felt great to go shopping for new clothes! Haha.

That's good that they're getting better. I think after 20 hours I started to crank it up a bit. How long till you move the Sudgen for the Naim pieces??
It will take a bit a time not to mention I will be moving tha big Bryston beast as well.

I might put a deposit on 250 DR shortly to make sure it is still available.

Sudgen A21se IA, Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34262 of 34272 Unread 03-25-2017, 08:58 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 850 Post(s)
Liked: 482
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
It will take a bit a time not to mention I will be moving tha big Bryston beast as well.

I might put a deposit on 250 DR shortly to make sure it is still available.
You should crank it up with some Lindsey Stirling Crystalize.... I love that song when I can crank it....
emflorence likes this.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #34263 of 34272 Unread 03-25-2017, 09:54 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Did you get to hear that at the show?
Why are you posting??? Feed the woman some ice chips or help her breathe thru the contractions!!!
I'm just killing time waiting. She has a cup of ice chips. Not much longer.
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
No but I spoke with Naim dealer and they confirm what I thought anyways might as well just go 272/250dr without PS upgrade instead of 202 HI-CAP with 250DR for about $1500 more only.
What happened I thought you didn't want a streamer!!?? The Oppo was all the streamer you needed!?! I swear you and john change ur minds like women change clothes for a night out. ??
I reserve the right to change my mind. All options are just that. Options. Until I do decide then I can second guess myself for the next few years. :P

post #34264 of 34272 Unread 03-25-2017, 10:30 PM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4683 Post(s)
Liked: 11047
Quote:

I reserve the right to change my mind. All options are just that. Options. Until I do decide then I can second guess myself for the next few years. :P
With a little coach on the way you best buy those D 5.1's today. Don't worry, it will be months before the wife sees the bank statement. And by then you'll be on to D 5.2's.
BigAl87 and yonson like this.

post #34265 of 34272 Unread Yesterday, 12:06 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 471
Quote:
Originally Posted by Waboman View Post
Quote:

With a little coach on the way you best buy those D 5.1's today. Don't worry, it will be months before the wife sees the bank statement. And by then you'll be on to D 5.2's.
The little coach is here!
post #34266 of 34272 Unread Yesterday, 12:55 AM
AVS Forum Addicted Member

Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Quoted: 4683 Post(s)
Liked: 11047
Quote:
The little coach is here!
A huge congrats, my friend!
Spurrier Sucks likes this.

post #34267 of 34272 Unread Yesterday, 04:13 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Send a message via Skype™ to emflorence
So guys, any suggestion around the digital cable to use to conect my Focus XD each other? I am running source (Moon MiND) with Heimdall 2.

Regards,
Eduardo
post #34268 of 34272 Unread Yesterday, 05:34 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by emflorence View Post
So guys, any suggestion around the digital cable to use to conect my Focus XD each other? I am running source (Moon MiND) with Heimdall 2.

Regards,
Eduardo
Why not get another Heimdall 11?,those happen to be the cables i use.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #34269 of 34272 Unread Today, 06:43 AM

Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by scopedude View Post
Guys, I'm a new member here, my first post

I'm offered a pair of Focus 160 (brand new) at $1,670. Is it a good price? I know it's a discontinued model and the dealer just want to finish this model.
Yes, it's a good price. For reference, I paid $2000 for mine when I first heard they were discontinued. That was after production had stopped but while there was still inventory and they were still listed on Dynaudio's web site. In the US, Dedicated Audio cleared out the last remaining stock, and the lowest price I saw at the bitter end of the clearance was $1800. Retail price was USD $2900 when they were a current model.

Used Focus 160s are typically advertised on Audiogon and Audio Mart for $1600-1800. A few higher and lower than that. A realistic sale price for used 160s in good condition is probably around $1500. So if you can get a new pair for $1670, I would go for it. If you end up not liking them, you're only going to lose 10% or so on resale.

I think the second generation Focus offered excellent performance for the price. They should have sold like hot cakes. At first I thought their look & finish was kind of low budget, but they sounded better than they looked. And the look has grown on me over time.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
post #34270 of 34272 Unread Today, 08:16 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
No Quarter,

I am not sure about your budget, but have you considered Antipodes? I have been very pleased with mine. It will rip CDs, has internal storage, and will run ROON core as well as serve as an endpoint. In fact, you can load all kinds of software and use it as a source for the whole house. Support and the US distributor have been great. The distributor is local for me in Atlanta. The down side is that Antipodes is expensive and there are little quirks. For instance, if you are ripping a CD while listening to music and the CD gets stuck in a loop, you have to reset the system to get the CD to eject.

The reason I am offering a suggestion is that I have been following your journey with the XD 600s. It would be very convenient for me to run my Antipodes directly into the XDs and I appreciate your feedback. Last weekend, I had a chance to listen to the XD 600s locally, but was not very impressed. Come to find out, they were new, had the old software, and were being used with room correction that outputs an analogue signal. Hopefully I will get to hear them again in a better set-up.

Thanks
post #34271 of 34272 Unread Today, 08:52 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hi all

I have some XD 600's coming in this week, and can't wait! The first thing I'll be doing is the 3.0 firmware update, and some serious listening afterwards. Will be interesting to see how the sound changes during burn-in. My signal chain will be purely digital: Roon (NAS/Tidal) --> Sonore uRendu --> Audiophilleo 2 MK2 (S/PDIF) --> XD 600.

I'll post some comparisons with my current Ayre/PSB setup.

Last edited by rogue3092; Today at 09:02 AM.
post #34272 of 34272 Unread Today, 10:56 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 678 Post(s)
Liked: 332
Quote:
Originally Posted by Briangiannini View Post
No Quarter,

I am not sure about your budget, but have you considered Antipodes? I have been very pleased with mine. It will rip CDs, has internal storage, and will run ROON core as well as serve as an endpoint. In fact, you can load all kinds of software and use it as a source for the whole house. Support and the US distributor have been great. The distributor is local for me in Atlanta. The down side is that Antipodes is expensive and there are little quirks. For instance, if you are ripping a CD while listening to music and the CD gets stuck in a loop, you have to reset the system to get the CD to eject.

The reason I am offering a suggestion is that I have been following your journey with the XD 600s. It would be very convenient for me to run my Antipodes directly into the XDs and I appreciate your feedback. Last weekend, I had a chance to listen to the XD 600s locally, but was not very impressed. Come to find out, they were new, had the old software, and were being used with room correction that outputs an analogue signal. Hopefully I will get to hear them again in a better set-up.

Thanks
Hi Brian,it is funny you mention Antipodes,my local dealer suggested their music server to me,as he carries them i guess.I had never heard of them before last week,i have done some research and they seem to get good reviews.I asked about them on E.S.A.C.,and the founder(CD lehner) thought they are overpriced,and look like someone just slapped together some off the shelf componets,put a fancy box around them ,and put a big price tag on them.
I am demoing a Naim Unitiserve in a couple of weeks,because i thought about getting a Naim Core(new product)but there appear to be some bugs to work out with that unit.Which Antipodes model do you have?I appreciate your feedback on them,because it would be easy for me to get one of those.As far as the XD 600's go,the update makes a big difference,and i find digital input,hard wired to be the best source,i am not sure why anyone would apply room correction,because they have switches on the back that are supposed to help with that,but i have not played with those too much myself.Does the Antipodes unit you have,also have an RCA out,because the ones i looked at were USB out?

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore