Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1150 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4149Likes

post #34471 of 34475 Old Today, 07:44 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked: 146
I agree with the others, the first time we heard the C60's at ProMusica I was quite disappointed, however once we went to the 12th floor both rooms sounded much better and they really shined in the bigger conference room however still not enough to move me from the C4's...

Of the other rooms we went to I was quite impressed by the Magico's although on the track that was playing when we first went in they did sound a bit boomy, but the rest of the time they were quite nice, other than I didn't not like that the source was a turntable, I'm still not a fan of the snap crackle and pop associated with them...

Hegel made a very poor choice in using the KEF Blade 2's IMHO, they were so bright that it was distracting from anything else, although before I really gave up on it the lows and midrange was quite nice, such a shame though I was really looking forward to hearing their stuff...

Ryan had a very smooth and laid back sound to me, I could sit and listen to them all day.

I wasn't really able to go back and listen to the Schiit Vidar in action powering the Salk Song3's but from the couple minutes that I listened to them it sounded quite promising.

By far my favorite part of the show though was the 2nd time I went back to the Raidho/Aavik/Ansus room... We got to hear an A/B comparison of the C1.2 and D1.1 the C1.2's are surprisingly close to the D1.1's but the D1.1's have an amazing sound that just blew me away. I couldn't believe how big the sound stage was with them and how they just disappeared! Even when one of the press guys asked to play a few songs off a disc he brought to demo they were phenomenal, no cherry picking songs here! While I'm quite happy with my C4's I am definitely convinced that I will be venturing into the Raidho realm sooner or later...
Garman and Matrixman18 like this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34472 of 34475 Old Today, 08:35 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Yonson,

It would be nice to hear the D1.1 with some different equipment.... Granted I am a fan, and I have ventured into that realm for a bit with the Scansonics, I loved the D1.1 but they where using some pretty hefty Pre/Amps and Amps, that cost a crapload and as much as a decent house in the suburbs! A fair comparison would be to put your C4's up against a equally priced pair of Scansonics or Raidhos using your equipment and your own music of course! I also saw plenty of people sit down get up and walk out quickly, so they aren't for everyone, but I still like them!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way! New Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #34473 of 34475 Old Today, 08:42 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 1330 Post(s)
Liked: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
<snip>

Hegel made a very poor choice in using the KEF Blade 2's IMHO, they were so bright that it was distracting from anything else, although before I really gave up on it the lows and midrange was quite nice, such a shame though I was really looking forward to hearing their stuff...

<snip>
I find this odd because I've auditioned the Blade 2, though not with Hegel. I heard them with Plinius pre and amp and they weren't a bit bright. Perhaps it was the source material in this case, because Hegel is good stuff too.

KEF R500, R200C, R100, SVS SB2000 sub, NAD T758 receiver, Pro-Ject RPM1 TT w/ Sumiko Pearl, Bluesound Vault2, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer.

post #34474 of 34475 Old Today, 09:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1217 Post(s)
Liked: 534
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
I find this odd because I've auditioned the Blade 2, though not with Hegel. I heard them with Plinius pre and amp and they weren't a bit bright. Perhaps it was the source material in this case, because Hegel is good stuff too.
Ken with you, Hegel is far from bright as far as equipment goes, and KEF typically have a liquid cool sounding midrange... But there were plenty of rooms that didn't sound all that great, due to improper setup and source material that is for sure, last year Promusica had a pair of C2 Platinums and they sounded horrible, but some guy was playing music that was recorded in a church, it was horrific to my ears and when asked to play something else he would just change the type of Church music! LOL Last year the KEF Blades where in the basement with other gear, but they sounded very good..

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way! New Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
post #34475 of 34475 Old Today, 09:47 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 0
For the current state of high end bookshelf market.
How would you describe the Contour's 20 compared to Focal Sopra N1 and Dali Epicon 2 & B&W 805D3 ?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page