Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1151 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4165Likes
post #34501 of 34503 Unread Today, 05:54 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1226 Post(s)
Liked: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Funny with regards to how a speaker sounds to each individual,a while back a friend of mine was over listening to my Naim/Taksim's combo...we were playing some DSD files I had,he was blown away with how good it sounded,yet he says,it sucks how a few of the songs have that "hissing" in the background,like it was poorly recorded.I agreed with him,but honestly I did not hear a thing,he is half my age,and I was a little embarrassed that these old ears do not work like they used to,so THAT factor takes some of the edge off bright recordings for me.
no quarter: The word "bright" is used when someone usually doesn't like some thing, in the audio world. Like I said I never heard Dynaudio and bright used in the same sentence till a few years back ago on this forum.. I guess if you say it enough then people will associate the two! Doh! I have owned just about every speaker they have made minus some of the Focus line and not once did I ever hear anything bright, minus maybe a few bad recordings which can make any speaker sound bright. But you are 100% spot on each individual hears differently and that can make ones taste when it comes to speakers vary greatly!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way! New Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; Today at 06:17 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34502 of 34503 Unread Today, 07:40 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 483 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I really hate the word "Transparent" a overused term in the business world and to me, it means another "Brick Wall" is more like it! LOL Bright is another misused term as well! I do however agree with your statement above..
Totally agree with you as it is very hard to know what sounds how it was originally intended regardless of equipment, I will say if the shoe fits then buy it.
Garman likes this.

Sudgen A21se IA, Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
post #34503 of 34503 Unread Today, 09:43 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 417 Post(s)
Liked: 336
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Totally agree with you as it is very hard to know what sounds how it was originally intended regardless of equipment, I will say if the shoe fits then buy it.
And don't forget "analytical" The term I have seen here with Dynaudio and Simaudio pairing. Nonsense.

You should say Simaudio with Dynaudio was bright and analytical.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore