Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1152 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4199Likes

post #34531 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 12:55 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 195 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Btw Otto has been very quiet lately.

I'm up for a bit of smalltalk. Did you know I was born in 1977?
GTaudiophile and BigAl87 like this.

Otto Jørgensen
Product Manager
Dynaudio A/S
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #34532 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 01:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto J View Post
Oh so this is it you are as old as Dynaudio and this is why we are all getting a surprise shortly I guess you be offered a brand you pair for you birthday.

Sudgen A21se IA, Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
post #34533 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 02:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 351 Post(s)
Liked: 281
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl87 View Post
Oh so this is it you are as old as Dynaudio and this is why we are all getting a surprise shortly I guess you be offered a brand you pair for you birthday.
Brand new pair of Special 40's. In honor of Otto's birthday.

post #34534 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 02:29 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
AVS's own Mr Integration is supposed to be in Denmark Otto,have you had a chance to meet him yet? He may give away all the secrets when he gets home,so you might as well spill the beans.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #34535 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 02:39 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1232 Post(s)
Liked: 540
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
I don't know about a Coincidence but MAYBE, maybe a Confidence.... Personally I think that's a fast release tho since the Contours are still fresh. But maybe there's a prototype.

I have heard that there's no Special this year. But we could be surprised.
I heard at Axpona no changes on the Confidence line till 2018.. No biggie for me, even if they change I am not switching.. I need a new speaker like I need a hole in my head! Ok, maybe a good Dynaudio Bookshelf, but the Emit 20 is fitting that bill right now! <<<<< Edit stage left!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way! New Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 04:57 PM.
post #34536 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 06:53 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 422 Post(s)
Liked: 342
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I heard at Axpona no changes on the Confidence line till 2018.. No biggie for me, even if they change I am not switching.. I need a new speaker like I need a hole in my head! Ok, maybe a good Dynaudio Bookshelf, but the Emit 20 is fitting that bill right now! <<<<< Edit stage left!
Dynaudio rocks but it must get tired only buying from dealers who give you Dynaudio deals. Me personally, I can't wait to see what happens to Confidence. I went with KEF not because I can get 40 ticks off list price Dynaudio but I went with the speaker that I loved thru really bad ass auditions. But I understand discounts rule and that should be an admission. Price plays a role for many things. I read here I will never pay near MSRP but that boxes you into your world where you can only get deals on Dynaudio. I really am not being a dick but from reads you can tell who get the deals. Forget all other speakers as not in budget.

Dynaudio is top tier there is no doubt but they still piss me off in their speed to develop. I paid closer to MSRP than I wish with KEF but I bought the speaker that won me over not the one that had the 40 ticks off. And ug I am not impressed with the new Contour. I tried last weekend but they are still the darkest speaker in the line-up and I disliked them 10 years ago and still feel the same now. I love Confidence. I hope something special happens.

I may have my buying priorities off...

Rick

Last edited by Mr.SoftDome; Yesterday at 07:06 PM.
post #34537 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 07:06 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 151
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
I'm ready for some Dynaudio headphones. Focal has put out a dynamite can in the Elear. Would love to see Dynaudio do the same.
I would purchase Dynaudio headphones yesterday...
GTaudiophile and Matrixman18 like this.
post #34538 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 07:19 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Dynaudio rocks but it must get tired only buying from dealers who give you Dynaudio deals. Me personally, I can't wait to see what happens to Confidence. I went with KEF not because I can get 40 ticks off list price Dynaudio but I went with the speaker that I loved thru really bad ass auditions. But I understand discounts rule and that should be an admission. Price plays a role for many things. I read here I will never pay near MSRP but that boxes you into your world where you can only get deals on Dynaudio. I really am not being a dick but from reads you can tell who get the deals. Forget all other speakers as not in budget.

Dynaudio is top tier there is no doubt but they still piss me off in their speed to develop. I paid closer to MSRP than I wish with KEF but I bought the speaker that won me over not the one that had the 40 ticks off. And ug I am not impressed with the new Contour. I tried last weekend but they are still the darkest speaker in the line-up and I disliked them 10 years ago and still feel the same now. I love Confidence. I hope something special happens.

I may have my buying priorities off...

Rick
Rick,

I can get discounts on KEF as well and I have had several in my home over the years, but "my ears" prefer the Softdome of Dynaudio as it's more neutral sounding to me than anything I have heard and that was years of listening to tons of other stuff. KEF however these days are in my top 5, but in the past I thought they where horrible, since the introduction of the Uni-Q driver that has changed for me. The new Contours sounded pretty darn good at Axpona, I didn't hear any darkness, but then again it's hard to hear darkness! <<<<< Sarcasm I however do think the new Powered LS50 might be on my eye verses the Contour 20 as it's much less expensive and from what I have read so far pretty damn impressive as far as powered speakers go! I hear you on MSRP, when you know what the dealer is getting them for, some speakers of course are marked up a crapload more than others, but the dealer still has to pay the bills and make money. I am with you on the Confidence line, still prefer the sound over the new Contours, hence I am balking at getting a pair of 20's... Just curious what ones did you hear?

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way! New Amp as far as equipment goes and for speakers the: Contour's 20's or Raidho next...
Charter Member - E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective) http://www.esac.club/index.php
post #34539 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 07:38 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

GMan I hear you.. okay.

But here is my real introduction to high end swear to God. Most of you guys have it over me..

It was a **** load time ago- I bought Axiom speakers due to incredible web support. So awesome. Blah Blah Blah- they lasted about three months, past my return window but god they sucked. I could deal with a movie but music?? GRRR the worst speaker ever.

I started checking things out and heard about Dynaudio. Clueless but I finally went in and had a listen and tried not to be embarrassed of my financial place at the time.

We started with Contour and it was much younger than the Grandpa it is now. The dudes were next to me and behind me and I felt uncomfortable. They also were a Focal dealer. We went to Electra. WOW what a better and more forward sound but not bright.

You think I would have become Focal love but I didn't. They both were too much at the time but later I got into the original Focus. I was beyond proud. It started a huge Dynaudio love but look they have been stale. Love to hear about Focus for the millionth time and reading thru the latest Contour lines not sure a hit. They really were poor against Focal way back when from a fun factor.

Confidence is all on the line. I would move my KEF to Craiglist in a second if they do what I think they will do. New wordclass drivers that will make others cry and a new look although current is a bit timeless except I hate laquer. It's very APAC region. Let's get back to real wood and I know the grey in Contour is loved but the cabinet is talked more than the sound.

I would love to be in this thread again with the next Confidence. The replacement is going to be the biggest deal in Dynaudio history. Hope they score.
Rick
no quarter likes this.

Last edited by Mr.SoftDome; Yesterday at 07:56 PM.
post #34540 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 07:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 704 Post(s)
Liked: 347
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Rick,

I can get discounts on KEF as well and I have had several in my home over the years, but "my ears" prefer the Softdome of Dynaudio as it's more neutral sounding to me than anything I have heard and that was years of listening to tons of other stuff. KEF however these days are in my top 5, but in the past I thought they where horrible, since the introduction of the Uni-Q driver that has changed for me. The new Contours sounded pretty darn good at Axpona, I didn't hear any darkness, but then again it's hard to hear darkness! <<<<< Sarcasm I however do think the new Powered LS50 might be on my eye verses the Contour 20 as it's much less expensive and from what I have read so far pretty damn impressive as far as powered speakers go! I hear you on MSRP, when you know what the dealer is getting them for, some speakers of course are marked up a crapload more than others, but the dealer still has to pay the bills and make money. I am with you on the Confidence line, still prefer the sound over the new Contours, hence I am balking at getting a pair of 20's... Just curious what ones did you hear?
I was at my dealers today discussing my next purchase,I listed a bunch of different gear I was interested in(no speakers right now)and asked him to write down all the prices.He wrote down all the MSRP's,and then I said,I want MY price written down,he said as a basic rule for gear take MSRP times(x) .88 percent,and for cables take MSRP times(x) .80 percent.I said,that is the best you can do,he said no,that is a starting point,I can wiggle a bit.
yonson likes this.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, xd 600's,excite 12's neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim N 272 Naim Nap 250 dr/XPS dr(ordered) powerlines,naca5, teac pd-501 DSd player,Taksim Reference 3a's
post #34541 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 07:50 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

It's tough where I am guys. Really. My dealer, in San Francisco, they rent. I am only guessing but they must pay $25k to $40k a month before insurance and utilities. I bet closer to $40k. And not only that they must have a million in head phones, speakers and gear. Last year 3AM a truck drove into the window and wall and a ****load of gear was taken.

It is a bitch to get these great deals here unless you are dropping $100k. It sucks but fact.

If you want to hear all of the speakers and not go to a show it will cost you but tell them drag every frigging brand here out. I want to hear it. If I buy well it will be if I can't find it on the web for less maybe: But your selection is incredible.

http://audiovisionsf.com/?page=loudspeakers

You find the speaker you love based on sound not ticks. You have no other choice here. Love Dynaudio but not in my house as there was no cost value to do so and they are falling behind I guess minus XD. Confidence? My crap may go all out the window when the next comes.

Rick

Last edited by Mr.SoftDome; Yesterday at 08:08 PM.
post #34542 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 08:13 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
GMan I hear you.. okay.

But here is my real introduction to high end swear to God. Most of you guys have it over me..

It was a **** load time ago- I bought Axiom speakers due to incredible web support. So awesome. Blah Blah Blah- they lasted about three months, past my return window but god they sucked. I could deal with a movie but music?? GRRR the worst speaker ever.

I started checking things out and heard about Dynaudio. Clueless but I finally went in and had a listen and tried not to be embarrassed of my financial place at the time.

We started with Contour and it was much younger than the Grandpa it is now. The dudes were next to me and behind me and I felt uncomfortable. They also were a Focal dealer. We went to Electra. WOW what a better and more forward sound but not bright.

You think I would have become Focal love but I didn't. They both were too much at the time but later I got into the original Focus. I was beyond proud. It started a huge Dynaudio love but look they have been stale. Love to hear about Focus for the millionth time and reading thru the latest Contour lines not sure a hit. They really were poor against Focal way back when from a fun factor.

Confidence is all on the line. I would move my KEF to Craiglist in a second if they do what I think they will do. New wordclass drivers that will make others cry and a new look although current is a bit timeless except I hate laquer. It's very APAC region. Let's get back to real wood and I know the grey in Contour is loved but the cabinet is talked more than the sound.

I would love to be in this thread again with the next Confidence. The replacement is going to be the biggest deal in Dynaudio history. Hope they score.
Rick
Rick,

You bring up some great points (especially in your area)! If spent a ton of money at a local dealer and he rarely gave me any discounts, I don't shop their anymore, I love brick and mortar stores and if I become a regular I would expect some type of deal within reason. We had regulars at Audiophiles where I worked back in the late 90's through 2002 and I would be able to give them 25-30% discount sometimes more depending on markup on product etc. If I dealer kept on giving me MSRP, I would look for used stuff especially if a Dealer wouldn't budge on price, hell Hegel and Raidho seemed to be discounted hugely and both sound good I just recently went to the Music Room online where they get good stuff in on trade usually 1-2 owners and most of the stuff is in mint condition and they where able to give me a even trade on some Amps I been trying to find for the last couple of years. You don't have to spend a crap load of money too get good sound, that's for sure, but it's a matter of perspective for some people, they think some $100,000 speaker is going to sound better than lets say a $5000 speaker (Not always the case) And when you go to these shows, you find out your ears like the $5000 speaker over the $100,000 pair. To me last year the Maggico speakers sounded horrible this year that wasn't the case, but I have a pair of $1800 Magnepan 1.7i that "I" think sound magical along with my C2 Platinums on a great trade I got from another good Dealer, so deals can be made and if they are not doing it at the local level look elsewhere, I say! Hell the dealer in Green Bay that carries KEF even gives me decent discounts.. Example: a good dealer I like a few ours away wouldn't budge on Hegel, I found a dealer on East Cost and the difference was significant, almost $1500 difference, again all depends on margins, markup and how much inventory the dealer is moving with the manufacture etc.. Now I haven't been working at a dealer for years, so a lot could have changed over the years, or not!

I find a dealer based on reputation and loyalty, if I am a loyal customer and a constantly returning customer I would expect some decent pricing. I know of several dealers I would gladly buy from right now and have, and one is in Chicago and he is a great guy and has decent prices. Heck most of the Naim guys on here never pay MSRP, I know I wouldn't even though I like their products. Heck I would easily buy from anyone on here and have, as I know they are like I am and take impeccable care of their equipment. I think Tyler was shocked when he un-packed my original C2 when I traded them in on the new Platinums, even George remarked they looked like new and they were 10 years old. Many good options if you look for them!

On another note: I heard these at Axpona with some Rogue Gear and they where very nice!

http://audiovisionsf.com/?page=detail&product_id=1962

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 08:31 PM.
post #34543 of 34548 Old Yesterday, 08:48 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 299
Quote:
Then perhaps there will be two reasons to celebrate. Otto literally gets his own speaker

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Schiit Modi2 Multibit (Black) | NAIM SuperNait 2
Cables: Chord Cobra VEE3 RCA>DIN | Tellurium Q Black 3M

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70w)
post #34544 of 34548 Old Today, 09:01 AM
AVS Forum Club Gold

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 165 Post(s)
Liked: 118
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
AVS's own Mr Integration is supposed to be in Denmark Otto,have you had a chance to meet him yet? He may give away all the secrets when he gets home,so you might as well spill the beans.
Otto is awesome but pretty much everything about the factory is spectacular. I will go into much more detail when I return but rest assured these guys will be surprising us for many years to come.

The level of detail and commitment to perfection is astounding. I have a few pictures to post right now.

Quick cool fact: It take almost three hours to assemble a Confidence 4 after all the parts are made!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170426_115831.jpg
Views:	39
Size:	192.1 KB
ID:	2106929  
no quarter likes this.

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
post #34545 of 34548 Old Today, 10:01 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 724 Post(s)
Liked: 455
You mean Confidence 1 because those look like C1 cabinets
post #34546 of 34548 Old Today, 10:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 525 Post(s)
Liked: 288
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
You mean Confidence 1 because those look like C1 cabinets
Or he meant the new Confidence 4s, which come with 4 enclosures. Dun dun dahhhhhh

post #34547 of 34548 Old Today, 11:13 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 223 Post(s)
Liked: 153
Quote:
Did you know George (OcataDyne Dude) was born in 1877? He's old and I'm a year younger so that makes us the young punks
post #34548 of 34548 Old Today, 07:44 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 484 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Just a head up guys finally going to audition the 272 and 250DR combo tomorrow morning Hopefully they meet my expectations.

Sudgen A21se IA, Anthem MRX520, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D. Totem Forest Signature High Gloss Mahogany, Dynaudio Contour 30 . BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest

Office setup, Wadia 151 Power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-18 Satin Black lacquer. .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore