Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1180 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4626Likes

post #35371 of 35376 Old Today, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 719 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I will be picking up a Nordost Q base 8, and a Q kore for home demo tomorrow,should be interesting....
http://nordost.com/blog/nordost-intr...ground-unit-2/

http://www.nordost.com/qrt/qbase-ac-distribution.php
Cool. Naim going into it?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35372 of 35376 Old Today, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Yes,I will also have my TV,And 5.1 gear plugged in.He told me to just hook up the Q base 8 first,live with that for a while,then add the Q kore.I realize Naim is best plugged directly into the wall,but I now have one (2 plug) receptacle to use behind my stack.There are no filters added to the Q base,so it is not a power conditioner really.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.
post #35373 of 35376 Old Today, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Quote:
Yes,I will also have my TV,And 5.1 gear plugged in.He told me to just hook up the Q base 8 first,live with that for a while,then add the Q kore.I realize Naim is best plugged directly into the wall,but I now have one (2 plug) receptacle to use behind my stack.There are no filters added to the Q base,so it is not a power conditioner really.
Cool. I came close to buying a QB 8 a while back but opted not to but it. I think Bluvette used Nordost stuff with his Naim gear and had had good results apparently. Tyler didn't seem to think there was an issue with it either. If I needed more sockets I'd consider it again. Interested I. Your thoughts once you get it.

post #35374 of 35376 Old Today, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodipop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
I didn't think the Contour 20 "murdered" the m20s last time I heard them. Better overall, yes, no doubt.
Now that's a bit absurd. I'd say the Focus 160 murders the Emit 20's (in my opinion), and the Special Forty is sure to be well above the 160.

For the money, the Emits are good, but without that qualifier they are nothing special.

Quote:
Sounds like quite a few forum members are jumping on board with the special 4o's,including me possibly.As a group,we might be big/strong enough to challenge the Focus 260 fanboy club for their title.
You can take one person out of the Special Forty group. I went with the Contour 20 instead.
interesting you opted for the C20 after the sub par reviews you mentioned earlier. I agree with your choice as I'm still shocked by how much I enjoy mine.
post #35375 of 35376 Old Today, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 748 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Quote:
interesting you opted for the C20 after the sub par reviews you mentioned earlier. I agree with your choice as I'm still shocked by how much I enjoy mine.
I don't want to speak for Sodipop,but from what it sounds like,he was getting fed up with the delivery dates being pushed back.My dealer informed me tonight that he ordered a pair or gray special 40's,and expects them mid July, i think he said.I am going to talk to him tomorrow when I pick up the Q base,to see if they will be available for me to demo,or are they his own personal pair.I am going to try and trade a sub in on a pair ...if he is willing!I am also thinking about the Hugo 2,trying to get the best sounding low volume rig I can.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.
post #35376 of 35376 Old Today, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 921 Post(s)
Liked: 552
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersuss View Post
Hi. Anyone knows the difference between Xcite X18 and Focus 160? Which speaker should be better?
The focus is the better speaker. Tweeter is near esotar level and there were a few other improvements to the speakers build, woofer and crossover.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore