Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1180 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4638Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #35371 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I will be picking up a Nordost Q base 8, and a Q kore for home demo tomorrow,should be interesting....
http://nordost.com/blog/nordost-intr...ground-unit-2/

http://www.nordost.com/qrt/qbase-ac-distribution.php
Cool. Naim going into it?
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #35372 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 05:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Cool. Naim going into it?
Yes,I will also have my TV,And 5.1 gear plugged in.He told me to just hook up the Q base 8 first,live with that for a while,then add the Q kore.I realize Naim is best plugged directly into the wall,but I now have one (2 plug) receptacle to use behind my stack.There are no filters added to the Q base,so it is not a power conditioner really.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.
no quarter is online now  
post #35373 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 05:21 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
Cool. Naim going into it?
Yes,I will also have my TV,And 5.1 gear plugged in.He told me to just hook up the Q base 8 first,live with that for a while,then add the Q kore.I realize Naim is best plugged directly into the wall,but I now have one (2 plug) receptacle to use behind my stack.There are no filters added to the Q base,so it is not a power conditioner really.
Cool. I came close to buying a QB 8 a while back but opted not to but it. I think Bluvette used Nordost stuff with his Naim gear and had had good results apparently. Tyler didn't seem to think there was an issue with it either. If I needed more sockets I'd consider it again. Interested I. Your thoughts once you get it.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
 
post #35374 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 05:28 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 1,403
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 720 Post(s)
Liked: 515
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodipop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
I didn't think the Contour 20 "murdered" the m20s last time I heard them. Better overall, yes, no doubt.
Now that's a bit absurd. I'd say the Focus 160 murders the Emit 20's (in my opinion), and the Special Forty is sure to be well above the 160.

For the money, the Emits are good, but without that qualifier they are nothing special.

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Sounds like quite a few forum members are jumping on board with the special 4o's,including me possibly.As a group,we might be big/strong enough to challenge the Focus 260 fanboy club for their title.
You can take one person out of the Special Forty group. I went with the Contour 20 instead.
interesting you opted for the C20 after the sub par reviews you mentioned earlier. I agree with your choice as I'm still shocked by how much I enjoy mine.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #35375 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 05:44 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
interesting you opted for the C20 after the sub par reviews you mentioned earlier. I agree with your choice as I'm still shocked by how much I enjoy mine.
I don't want to speak for Sodipop,but from what it sounds like,he was getting fed up with the delivery dates being pushed back.My dealer informed me tonight that he ordered a pair or gray special 40's,and expects them mid July, i think he said.I am going to talk to him tomorrow when I pick up the Q base,to see if they will be available for me to demo,or are they his own personal pair.I am going to try and trade a sub in on a pair ...if he is willing!I am also thinking about the Hugo 2,trying to get the best sounding low volume rig I can.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.
no quarter is online now  
post #35376 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 06:14 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,143
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersuss View Post
Hi. Anyone knows the difference between Xcite X18 and Focus 160? Which speaker should be better?
The focus is the better speaker. Tweeter is near esotar level and there were a few other improvements to the speakers build, woofer and crossover.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
callas01 is online now  
post #35377 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 08:17 PM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I will be picking up a Nordost Q base 8, and a Q kore for home demo tomorrow,should be interesting....
http://nordost.com/blog/nordost-intr...ground-unit-2/

http://www.nordost.com/qrt/qbase-ac-distribution.php
Definitely interested in the results!
yonson is offline  
post #35378 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 10:24 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,506
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 568
no quarter: What does that Nordost run? Friend brought over some really high end cables this morning that he bought off Audiogon or Audiomart we didn't notice a difference whatsoever between several less expensive speaker cables. Hence when it comes to tweaks they are dead last on my list, as the gains are miniscule. Unless of course you have crappy electrical service coming to your home or some type of ground loop isssues. I got some PS audio stuff which was inexpensive compared to some of the crazy priced accessories I have seen lately! When it comes to cables/interconnects and power chords etc and tweeks in general , factual science is tossed right out the window!!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way and Belles MB-200's: Contour's 20's/Special 40's or Raidho next...
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #35379 of 35399 Old 06-23-2017, 11:23 PM
Member
 
Join Date: May 2017
Posts: 50
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 41 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I will be picking up a Nordost Q base 8, and a Q kore for home demo tomorrow,should be interesting....
http://nordost.com/blog/nordost-intr...ground-unit-2/

http://www.nordost.com/qrt/qbase-ac-distribution.php

Being a Naim guy, I'm surprised you are not just going with a Wiremold L10320. It's the medical grade no non-sense power strip Naim used to recommend their dealers offer to customers. It used to be $30-35 about 10 years ago, but is around $90 now. I own one and use it on a wall that only has one pair of outlets. It's the same strip that Naim was "cryo" treating, putting a new plug on, and selling for a lot more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
interesting you opted for the C20 after the sub par reviews you mentioned earlier. I agree with your choice as I'm still shocked by how much I enjoy mine.

I was giving you crap in return. Nothing more.


Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I don't want to speak for Sodipop,but from what it sounds like,he was getting fed up with the delivery dates being pushed back....

That isn't the reason, but was getting old; admittedly. After further research, I feel that the Contour 20 is just a better option for me. I don't want to downplay the Special Forty with my reasons for switching. I still think the Special Forty is going to be tremendous at that price.....probably untouchable at that price point for a monitor.
Sodipop is online now  
post #35380 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 05:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
no quarter: What does that Nordost run? Friend brought over some really high end cables this morning that he bought off Audiogon or Audiomart we didn't notice a difference whatsoever between several less expensive speaker cables. Hence when it comes to tweaks they are dead last on my list, as the gains are miniscule. Unless of course you have crappy electrical service coming to your home or some type of ground loop isssues. I got some PS audio stuff which was inexpensive compared to some of the crazy priced accessories I have seen lately! When it comes to cables/interconnects and power chords etc and tweeks in general , factual science is tossed right out the window!!
I know what the list prices are (not cheap),I am not sure what my price will be.Believe me,I am demoing it with my ears WIDE open,if I hear no improvement,I will stick with a much cheaper Oyaide power bar that I have.The thing that has me thinking it might be legit,is LARS from Raidho used to work at Nordost,and Octadyn swears by the improvements he hears using their Ansuz equipment.Luckily my dealer lets me demo things with no deposit,and no pressure to buy,so if I hear nothing better,I will move on.There does appear to be a science behind the technology,whether this amount to gains in my system or not,remains to be seen.🙄
Also Garman,if you recall I have that slight buzzing coming from my center channel when using my Cary 500.1 amp,I am interested to see if the Q kore eliminates this.
OctaDyn_Dude and yonson like this.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.

Last edited by no quarter; Yesterday at 05:20 AM.
no quarter is online now  
post #35381 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 06:53 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
OctaDyn_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 2,012
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 739 Post(s)
Liked: 472
Tony the Q Base and Ansuz MainzD8 are very similar but the MainzD8 is a huge improvement over the Q Base especially with an Ansuz power cord going from the wall to Mainz. Both work very well with Naim. The MainzD8 has tesla coils that shifts noise out past 100khz without restriction or changing the original signal whether AC or a music signal. Anyhow looking forward to your impressions.
OctaDyn_Dude is offline  
post #35382 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 06:56 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,506
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I know what the list prices are (not cheap),I am not sure what my price will be.Believe me,I am demoing it with my ears WIDE open,if I hear no improvement,I will stick with a much cheaper Oyaide power bar that I have.The thing that has me thinking it might be legit,is LARS from Raidho used to work at Nordost,and Octadyn swears by the improvements he hears using their Ansuz equipment.Luckily my dealer lets me demo things with no deposit,and no pressure to buy,so if I hear nothing better,I will move on.There does appear to be a science behind the technology,whether this amount to gains in my system or not,remains to be seen.🙄
Also Garman,if you recall I have that slight buzzing coming from my center channel when using my Cary 500.1 amp,I am interested to see if the Q kore eliminates this.
I have a Oyaide unit as well, it was only a couple hundred bucks used and a PS audio unit for my HT, realitively inexpensive compared to the crazy insane prices I have seen from other companies. Sure there is some science behind it, but not enough for me to justify the prices with minimal agains from my standpoint. I do admit the Raidho room at Axpona was dead silent, but I think that's a combination of things, the Aavik being one of them!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way and Belles MB-200's: Contour's 20's/Special 40's or Raidho next...
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 06:59 AM.
Garman is online now  
post #35383 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 07:48 AM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
no quarter: What does that Nordost run? Friend brought over some really high end cables this morning that he bought off Audiogon or Audiomart we didn't notice a difference whatsoever between several less expensive speaker cables. Hence when it comes to tweaks they are dead last on my list, as the gains are miniscule. Unless of course you have crappy electrical service coming to your home or some type of ground loop isssues. I got some PS audio stuff which was inexpensive compared to some of the crazy priced accessories I have seen lately! When it comes to cables/interconnects and power chords etc and tweeks in general , factual science is tossed right out the window!!
They aren't cheap...

I don't remember how much the 1 is, however MSRP on the 3 is $3500 and the 6 is $5000...
yonson is offline  
post #35384 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 07:57 AM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I know what the list prices are (not cheap),I am not sure what my price will be.Believe me,I am demoing it with my ears WIDE open,if I hear no improvement,I will stick with a much cheaper Oyaide power bar that I have.The thing that has me thinking it might be legit,is LARS from Raidho used to work at Nordost,and Octadyn swears by the improvements he hears using their Ansuz equipment.Luckily my dealer lets me demo things with no deposit,and no pressure to buy,so if I hear nothing better,I will move on.There does appear to be a science behind the technology,whether this amount to gains in my system or not,remains to be seen.🙄
Also Garman,if you recall I have that slight buzzing coming from my center channel when using my Cary 500.1 amp,I am interested to see if the Q kore eliminates this.
My local dealer offered me to try it at home as well, however I couldn't bring myself to do, it since I wouldn't purchase it from them (they only sell at MSRP). The main reason I don't think it'll help very much in my system is that I don't have any buzz or other noise in my system. The only time I find noise is usually media related.
yonson is offline  
post #35385 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,506
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Yonson, those prices aren't that ridiculous, I guess that all depends on your perspective. I for one think cables and power chords are so far down the chain on when it comes to making improvements. Most people should look at a proper room, etc.. and or buy a new house! LOL We had one guy that spent over 50k on cables, interconnects and power condioners and chords back when I was managing a store in college! Ground Loop issues sometimes can be a very easy fix, I had 2 in two separate systems in both cases it was my CD player coax cable. Check this guy out as he used to work for some of the big boys and has very reasonable prices: http://www.cullencable.com the kid at Audio Envy I met at Axpona also has a Electrical Engineering back ground and makes great hand made stuff!

no quarter: at those prices you might want to give the Mainz8 a listen, especially if they will let you do a trial audition in your home and compare the two. But I thought you said at one point it was the hum coming from your Amplifier and I don't think any device will fix that, especially if its mechanical.

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 08:31 AM.
Garman is online now  
post #35386 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 09:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Yonson, those prices aren't that ridiculous, I guess that all depends on your perspective. I for one think cables and power chords are so far down the chain on when it comes to making improvements. Most people should look at a proper room, etc.. and or buy a new house! LOL We had one guy that spent over 50k on cables, interconnects and power condioners and chords back when I was managing a store in college! Ground Loop issues sometimes can be a very easy fix, I had 2 in two separate systems in both cases it was my CD player coax cable. Check this guy out as he used to work for some of the big boys and has very reasonable prices: http://www.cullencable.com the kid at Audio Envy I met at Axpona also has a Electrical Engineering back ground and makes great hand made stuff!

no quarter: at those prices you might want to give the Mainz8 a listen, especially if they will let you do a trial audition in your home and compare the two. But I thought you said at one point it was the hum coming from your Amplifier and I don't think any device will fix that, especially if its mechanical.
Yes I think it is amp related,I just got home and have the Q base 8 and the Q Kore 1 to demo,I would be surprised if they help the amp buzzing.He did say that if this does not help,he will contact Cary and send it away again if need be.I probably will not hook the gear up until tomorrow,the Q base 8 plugs into the wall,and the Core is connected to the base with a little green ground cable,it is not plugged into anything itself,it is like a floating or portable ground.
On another note,since he was having a hard time getting the headphones I wanted,I cancelled those and told him to order me a pair of special 40's in gray birch.He said I can just have the pair he ordered,and he will get another pair,so third week in July,I should have them.He also said they would work fine on my stand 3's,so I am pretty excited about all of this.
yonson likes this.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.
no quarter is online now  
post #35387 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 09:17 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
They aren't cheap...

I don't remember how much the 1 is, however MSRP on the 3 is $3500 and the 6 is $5000...
He said MSRP on the Q Kore 1 is 3k,Canadian funds.

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.
no quarter is online now  
post #35388 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 10:48 AM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Yonson, those prices aren't that ridiculous, I guess that all depends on your perspective. I for one think cables and power chords are so far down the chain on when it comes to making improvements. Most people should look at a proper room, etc.. and or buy a new house! LOL We had one guy that spent over 50k on cables, interconnects and power condioners and chords back when I was managing a store in college! Ground Loop issues sometimes can be a very easy fix, I had 2 in two separate systems in both cases it was my CD player coax cable. Check this guy out as he used to work for some of the big boys and has very reasonable prices: http://www.cullencable.com the kid at Audio Envy I met at Axpona also has a Electrical Engineering back ground and makes great hand made stuff!

no quarter: at those prices you might want to give the Mainz8 a listen, especially if they will let you do a trial audition in your home and compare the two. But I thought you said at one point it was the hum coming from your Amplifier and I don't think any device will fix that, especially if its mechanical.
Yeah, I understand that, as George states cables etc... are the last item for final fine tuning... Those cables are very similarly constructed and priced as the Schmitt cables I currently have https://www.schmittcustomaudiocables.com

I did an A/B comparison with the Schmitt and a Nordost Heimdall 2 and didn't notice any difference at all... That was the limit of their line that I was willing to spend, so the higher up cables may show a more noticeable difference but I'm not willing to spend that so I didn't even try auditioning them.
Garman likes this.
yonson is offline  
post #35389 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 11:06 AM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Also, because how my system is configured, according to Nordost I would need the Qkore6 and QB8, as well as 4 more cables to connect everything...
yonson is offline  
post #35390 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 11:15 AM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
He said MSRP on the Q Kore 1 is 3k,Canadian funds.
Wow, I didn't realize the exchange rate was that different!
yonson is offline  
post #35391 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,506
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 568
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Yeah, I understand that, as George states cables etc... are the last item for final fine tuning... Those cables are very similarly constructed and priced as the Schmitt cables I currently have https://www.schmittcustomaudiocables.com

I did an A/B comparison with the Schmitt and a Nordost Heimdall 2 and didn't notice any difference at all... That was the limit of their line that I was willing to spend, so the higher up cables may show a more noticeable difference but I'm not willing to spend that so I didn't even try auditioning them.
The Schmitt/Cullen cable and Audio Envy guys are all Electrical Engineers, (So I am told) all make decent hand crafted cables etc that in most cases is as equally as good, and they don't have the huge marketing budgets like the big boys! 😉
yonson likes this.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way and Belles MB-200's: Contour's 20's/Special 40's or Raidho next...
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #35392 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 02:04 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,143
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 557
You guys make me laugh.... Investing in cables. I think I have like $500 max invested in cables.
Garman and Sodipop like this.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
callas01 is online now  
post #35393 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,506
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 568
callas01: I am with you! I have spent very little on cables, some were giving to me years ago for helping setup a few systems. I have some Nordost Frey and Blue Heaven Red Dawn (all free). Then some inexpensive SVS cables and some Audio Envy I think I have spent about the same.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way and Belles MB-200's: Contour's 20's/Special 40's or Raidho next...
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #35394 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 04:29 PM
Senior Member
 
green giant's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 200
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
You guys make me laugh.... Investing in cables. I think I have like $500 max invested in cables.
I've got contour 60's and ordered up pass labs amp and pre-amp that should arrive late next week.

Pretty sure I'll stick with my Blue Jeans Cables.

I do however have a fair amount of money invested in room treatments.
callas01, amatuerholic and yonson like this.
green giant is offline  
post #35395 of 35399 Old Yesterday, 11:15 PM
Senior Member
 
yonson's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2016
Location: 127.0.0.1
Posts: 451
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 249 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
You guys make me laugh.... Investing in cables. I think I have like $500 max invested in cables.
I have $1205 in cables, that's for a complete 7.2 system with 3 amps, source, pre/pro, 2 subs, and a power conditioner... I don't think that's too crazy for quality cables.
yonson is offline  
post #35396 of 35399 Old Today, 07:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,095
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 754 Post(s)
Liked: 369
Q Core and Q base are residing on the bottom shelf of my Naim Fraim,now to re-route all the wiring...
Yesterday at my dealers place I got to hear the Neat Iota Alpha's,sounded really impressive for their tiny size,but he was feeding them with a high end tube amp,and the source was the Chord blu 11 into Chord Dave dac.
https://www.whathifi.com/neat/iota-alpha/review
He had the black ones.
Okay,i have them installed,i had to turn the Q Kore around backwards in order to make room for the green ground cable.First impressions are positive,extremely quiet now,and music sounds very real,natural,as if i were transported to the "pawnshop",i have been listening to "jazz at the pawnshop".Whether it is worth the money or not,i am not so sure yet,i need to give it more time.The thing is,i have all my other gear in place,so these two pieces are a very SOLID foundation to build on,after all,man builds his castle on rock,not sand...i stole that one from Hungry Halibut from the Naim forum.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1049.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	168.8 KB
ID:	2204129   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1047.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	208.8 KB
ID:	2204137   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1046.JPG
Views:	3
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	2204145   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1048.JPG
Views:	5
Size:	174.1 KB
ID:	2204153  

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Focal Utopia headphones.

Last edited by no quarter; Today at 10:43 AM.
no quarter is online now  
post #35397 of 35399 Old Today, 11:02 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,143
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 557
I have blue-jeans cables and some monster cable HDMI but most things are the higher quality monoprice cables which do very well for the price, especially the spool I got for the surrounds. I do have a pair of audioquest sidewinder ICs but they were free and my most expensive cables were the Totem Tress cables I bought used from spurrier sucks. Otherwise I have a monster cable sub cable that was like $50. Lastly I have a monster power surge protector that was like $100.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
callas01 is online now  
post #35398 of 35399 Old Today, 11:48 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 3,143
Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 923 Post(s)
Liked: 557
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Q Core and Q base are residing on the bottom shelf of my Naim Fraim,now to re-route all the wiring...
Yesterday at my dealers place I got to hear the Neat Iota Alpha's,sounded really impressive for their tiny size,but he was feeding them with a high end tube amp,and the source was the Chord blu 11 into Chord Dave dac.
https://www.whathifi.com/neat/iota-alpha/review
He had the black ones.
Okay,i have them installed,i had to turn the Q Kore around backwards in order to make room for the green ground cable.First impressions are positive,extremely quiet now,and music sounds very real,natural,as if i were transported to the "pawnshop",i have been listening to "jazz at the pawnshop".Whether it is worth the money or not,i am not so sure yet,i need to give it more time.The thing is,i have all my other gear in place,so these two pieces are a very SOLID foundation to build on,after all,man builds his castle on rock,not sand...i stole that one from Hungry Halibut from the Naim forum.
then he stole that from the bible Matthew 7:24-27

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
callas01 is online now  
post #35399 of 35399 Old Today, 11:50 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,506
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1294 Post(s)
Liked: 568
no quarter: I would be interesting to see what's really inside both those boxes.. I have repaired a ton of stuff over the years, one you get down to the circuit board I am lost, now in the most cases replacing them is pretty easy, but some thing tells me the power coming to your house is perfectly fine.. Now if your living in a house that's 100+ years old and it doesn't have a electrical make over, go for it! A lot of other boxes will most likely do the same for less, or at least make claims they can.

callas01: If you count a few PS Audio devices I have I am well over $2000, but as yonson put it, I have a couple of systems.. Both PS Audio devices where heavily discounted as well and has held up over all these years.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Hegel, Musical Fidelity,Belles and KEF, etc...... New Belles Aria Pre/Amp on the way and Belles MB-200's: Contour's 20's/Special 40's or Raidho next...
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off