Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1182 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4673Likes

post #35431 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 04:49 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
That's from their website. They didn't have a shot with the grilles before and people were asking for that. My pair is still a ways away, in the middle of the Atlantic, at this point...lol
Probably snuggled up beside my pair!

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Special 40's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35432 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 05:33 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Hung up

Hey Guys and Gals ( if there are any on of you on this thread),

We all get hung up on our audio BS and seldom does family get mentioned. We bitch about our wives:" turn it down".
But, we don't speak much about it past that. Some of you talk about your children and I applaud that.

I want to mention the greatest parents a man could ever have.
My parents came out to visit us about 10years ago. My Father was intrigued that I had such a sound system. He wasn't questioning my judgement, he was just curious. So I played a few tracks of different music. So he went out to his motorhome and brought back a CD.

It was A CD of Lawrence Welk. I popped it into the CD player and turned it up to required listening levels. He was enthralled. He had never heard Lawrence Welk's orchestra like that before. A vun, and too, and a trea.

Anyways, this past Fathers Day was without a Father; He passed away last year at 89 years old.
Our audio systems really mean crap in the whole scheme of things.

Some old photos:

Circa 1946 with Big Jim the Belgian Draft horse.

The 2nd photo before he was drafted for the Korean War.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1Horse.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	41.0 KB
ID:	2207009   Click image for larger version

Name:	4.jpg
Views:	16
Size:	30.2 KB
ID:	2207057  
post #35433 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 07:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
Our audio systems really mean crap in the whole scheme of things.
Thanks for the reminder to focus on the truly important things. It's good to enjoy our hobbies, but there are definitely things that matter more!

post #35434 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 07:23 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 536 Post(s)
Liked: 305
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
I do remember that,and I thought I read that the magnet was inside the voice coil on the new driver's,Otto said no they are now outside.But if you watch the video for the special 40,with the 3 guys,they clearly say the magnet is inside the voice coil now,unless I am misunderstanding what they are saying,it is all a bit confusing,but as long as they sound good...
New Contour magnets are on the outside while the special forty magnets are in the inside

post #35435 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 07:25 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
I do remember that,and I thought I read that the magnet was inside the voice coil on the new driver's,Otto said no they are now outside.But if you watch the video for the special 40,with the 3 guys,they clearly say the magnet is inside the voice coil now,unless I am misunderstanding what they are saying,it is all a bit confusing,but as long as they sound good...
The woofers with the 75mm voice coil had the magnet inside the coil, the newer woofer found in the contour has the magnet outside the voice coil.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #35436 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 07:31 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Quoted: 758 Post(s)
Liked: 371
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
The woofers with the 75mm voice coil had the magnet inside the coil, the newer woofer found in the contour has the magnet outside the voice coil.
So are they exclusive to the special 40?

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.Chord Hugo,Special 40's.
post #35437 of 35441 Old Yesterday, 07:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 924 Post(s)
Liked: 558
Quote:
So are they exclusive to the special 40?
No all woofers with the large dust cap and 75mm voice coil is built with the magnet inside.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #35438 of 35441 Old Today, 04:31 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Anyone running the NAD M32? Thinking about upgrading to it. I am sold on the NAD hybrid digital design. The C368 works great with the Emits. Dealer is saying the M32 is a huge upgrade though and would be very nice with the Special 40s.
Just FYI, a friend of mine did compare both the NAD M32 and the Classe Sigma 2200i (On B&W, not Dynaudio).
He finally bought the Classe.
More features and much better sounding did he say.
My 2 cents.
post #35439 of 35441 Old Today, 06:16 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
Hey Guys and Gals ( if there are any on of you on this thread),

We all get hung up on our audio BS and seldom does family get mentioned. ............
Thanks for sharing…my Dad wasn’t so much into the equipment but knew what he liked…always hogged my listening seat when he came to visit.…
But music was always playing in our household (probably where I get my passion from)….Calypso was all the rave in 50s and I still have a lots of fond memories of Harry Belafonte floating around in my head… lol….

Here he is in 1994 as a decorated Canadian War Veteran at the 50th D-Day Anniversary in Normandy.

We do miss them...... God Bless…..
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	50th Aniver..png
Views:	8
Size:	926.9 KB
ID:	2207777  
Garman, Borderdog and Matrixman18 like this.

Robert
Toronto, Ontario

Last edited by rob80b; Today at 09:38 AM.
post #35440 of 35441 Old Today, 09:04 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 636 Post(s)
Liked: 661
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zantafio View Post
Just FYI, a friend of mine did compare both the NAD M32 and the Classe Sigma 2200i (On B&W, not Dynaudio).
He finally bought the Classe.
More features and much better sounding did he say.
My 2 cents.
Not really relevant here considering the completely different sounding speakers but I would hope it sounds better considering it costs $1,500 more.

LG OLED65E6 | NAD C368 | Dynaudio Emit M20 + Stand 3x | Oppo UDP-205 | Maingear Drift Z170 GTX 1080 HTPC | BDI Mirage 8227 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Synology DS916+
post #35441 of 35441 Old Today, 01:49 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 265 Post(s)
Liked: 189
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
Thanks for sharing…my Dad wasn’t so much into the equipment but knew what he liked…always hogged my listening seat when he came to visit.…
But music was always playing in our household (probably where I get my passion from)….Calypso was all the rave in 50s and I still have a lots of fond memories of Harry Belafonte floating around in my head… lol….

Here he is in 1994 as a decorated Canadian War Veteran at the 50th D-Day Anniversary in Normandy.

We do miss them...... God Bless…..
Thanks Rob,

My father would never talk about the Korean War.
When I went to my Father's funeral, my biggest surprise was a full honor guard of Korean War vets. At the burial, they did a full military 21 gun salute.
My father would never talk about Korea. I found out later that he was awarded medals of valor from both the US and the Koreans. I think his highest honor was from the Koreans thanking him and awarding him the recognition for his service.

Rob, our parents were of the "greatest generation"!

Even if they liked Harry Bellafonte and Lawrence Welk
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore