Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1193 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 4818Likes

post #35761 of 35764 Old Yesterday, 07:46 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
The writer's thoughts concur with my own, which I wrote about earlier:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2017/0...er-review.html
wersuss likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #35762 of 35764 Old Yesterday, 10:55 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by petetherock View Post
The writer's thoughts concur with my own, which I wrote about earlier:
http://peteswrite.blogspot.sg/2017/0...er-review.html
Hi, thank you for review . Looking at pictures seems like system is at least 3 times more expensive than speakers. How they would sound with amp at price range 1000 - 2000 usd? Anyone tried with Rega Elicit R?
post #35763 of 35764 Old Today, 12:20 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 1175 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by wersuss View Post
Hi, thank you for review . Looking at pictures seems like system is at least 3 times more expensive than speakers. How they would sound with amp at price range 1000 - 2000 usd? Anyone tried with Rega Elicit R?
I will try it with my $500 Denon DAB MCD 38 next week
I think the Rega has a stout heart and good drive, but you should try it for yourself. An amp with a solid current and power supply will make it sing more.

post #35764 of 35764 Old Today, 03:50 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 93 Post(s)
Liked: 68
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
Yes, I'm using HDMI from DVR to TV for Video. I get picture and the sound is only through TV. I tried to use HDMI for audio too from DVR to AVR and plugged it into the CBL/SAT option into my Marantz 6008 so that I could get the sound into my Dyns but it doesn't work at all.
One more question. Can you confirm you were trying to route the audio & video together? The normal way to do this is to connect the DVR's HDMI output to the AVR's CBL/SAT HDMI input, and then from the AVR's HDMI output to the TV's input, so the AVR is performing the source switching and handling the audio, but passing through the video. If you connected it this way and the result was no audio and no video, then I think you either have a setting wrong in the AVR or a HDCP issue.

I'm not familiar with the Marantz 6008, but if it's like my 8801 it will have a setup menu item called "input assign" where you assign inputs to sources. On mine, there are multiple CBL/SAT audio inputs, one is HDMI, another is coax S/PDIF, another is analog. The input assign menu is where you configure it to use the HDMI CBL/SAT input for the CBL/SAT source.

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page