Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1206 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5004Likes

post #36151 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 08:39 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Price for the TT, depending on options, is suppose to be between $500 and $1K I think. They want to make a market-disrupting product.

I can certainly vouche for their DACs. I dare anyone here to buy a Schiit Yiggy and A/B it with something costing around $10K like Chord DAVE. I have read it also can hang with dCS equipment as well. Their new USB>SPDIF converter, the Eitr, offers more bang-for-buck than any competing product and will enhance any of their DACs or skip Eitr and get their GEN5 USB board in their Bifrost, Gungnir, or Yiggy DACs.

Otherwise, people I know are a little more hesitant with respect to their pre- and power amps. I could see matching VIDAR perhaps with better pres like something from Belles or any good pre with balanced outputs.
The Vidar amps look interesting too,my Cary audio cinema 12 has a fully balanced 2 channel circuit with XLR's that would hook up nicely to a pair of those.i guess we can wait and see what Yonson thinks after living with the one he has.When using them as monoblocks,what is the power into 4 ohms?...they only list 400 into 8ohms on their website.i would think they would do a stellar job driving the special 40's,the question is,do I need 2 full systems?...I am a bit like Garman in that respect,I like swapping gear around every so often...rather than only one option.
Actually three Vidar's up front would be pretty awesome too,or seven!

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/250dr/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.,Special 40's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #36152 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 10:33 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 727 Post(s)
Liked: 732
Got $700K laying around?

https://www.whathifi.com/news/wilson...s-yours-ps700k

LG OLED65E6 | NAD C368 | Dynaudio Special 40 + Stand 3x | Oppo UDP-205 | Maingear Drift Z170 GTX 1080 HTPC | audioquest CV-8 - Carbon - Columbia | BDI Mirage 8227 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Synology DS916+
post #36153 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 12:00 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 173 Post(s)
Liked: 72
Quote:
Originally Posted by drewTT View Post
Wish they could make good sounding speakers instead of expensive. I was really disappointed when I heard them at AXPONA last year where they had more than $300k of Wadia components powering them.
Bluvette likes this.

Dynaudio Focus 260 | Focus 210C | Naim Nait 5si | Marantz 6008 | Oppo- 93 BDP | Audioquest Cables

post #36154 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
Wish they could make good sounding speakers instead of expensive. I was really disappointed when I heard them at AXPONA last year where they had more than $300k of Wadia components powering them.
It would be a miracle of something that looks so bad sounded good.
post #36155 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 02:38 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 283 Post(s)
Liked: 195
Quote:
Price for the TT, depending on options, is suppose to be between $500 and $1K I think. They want to make a market-disrupting product.

I can certainly vouche for their DACs. I dare anyone here to buy a Schiit Yiggy and A/B it with something costing around $10K like Chord DAVE. I have read it also can hang with dCS equipment as well. Their new USB>SPDIF converter, the Eitr, offers more bang-for-buck than any competing product and will enhance any of their DACs or skip Eitr and get their GEN5 USB board in their Bifrost, Gungnir, or Yiggy DACs.

Otherwise, people I know are a little more hesitant with respect to their pre- and power amps. I could see matching VIDAR perhaps with better pres like something from Belles or any good pre with balanced outputs.
I ordered an Eitr for my office setup, debating on replacing my Modi 2 Uber with a Modi 2 Multibit as well...

As far as the Vidar go, I'm just going to run them straight off my Oppo 105D since it has balanced out...
post #36156 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 02:47 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
The Vidar amps look interesting too,my Cary audio cinema 12 has a fully balanced 2 channel circuit with XLR's that would hook up nicely to a pair of those.i guess we can wait and see what Yonson thinks after living with the one he has.When using them as monoblocks,what is the power into 4 ohms?...they only list 400 into 8ohms on their website.i would think they would do a stellar job driving the special 40's,the question is,do I need 2 full systems?...I am a bit like Garman in that respect,I like swapping gear around every so often...rather than only one option.
Actually three Vidar's up front would be pretty awesome too,or seven!
Jason stated Vidar puts out 600W into 4 ohm mono, but will not officially list it as 4 ohm mono stable because when run hard they will go into thermal protection (I haven't been able to yet with the one on my center) however I'm really looking forward to torturing them with the C4's

If they do as well on the C4's as it does on the center, I will probably end up getting 3 more to permanently run each of the mains and the 3rd for the surrounds and just sell the JC1's along with the A31.
post #36157 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 805 Post(s)
Liked: 395
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
Jason stated Vidar puts out 600W into 4 ohm mono, but will not officially list it as 4 ohm mono stable because when run hard they will go into thermal protection (I haven't been able to yet with the one on my center) however I'm really looking forward to torturing them with the C4's

If they do as well on the C4's as it does on the center, I will probably end up getting 3 more to permanently run each of the mains and the 3rd for the surrounds and just sell the JC1's along with the A31.
Actually the special 40's are 6 ohm's,so if they work on your C4's,I think the 40's would not faze them at all.I wonder if there are Shiit dealers in Canada,I could save some money by returning the 250 dr,and grabbing a pair of those...and simply use my Cary as a pre.The question is,do they have that luscious meaty sound that Naim delivers?

5.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/250dr/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.,Special 40's.
post #36158 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 03:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 110 Post(s)
Liked: 73
So does that mean the Vidar sounds better than the JC1?

HT: Dynaudio C2, Contour S CX, 2x BM14S, Aperion surrounds, Simaudio Titan, Marantz AV8801, Oppo 103, Linn Majik DS, and a Pioneer Kuro
Stereo: Dynaudio Focus 160, Simaudio W-5 LE or Luxman M-600A, Linn Akurate DSM, 2x Rythmik F12G
Other interests: motorcycling, skiing, being active
post #36159 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Actually the special 40's are 6 ohm's,so if they work on your C4's,I think the 40's would not faze them at all.I wonder if there are Shiit dealers in Canada,I could save some money by returning the 250 dr,and grabbing a pair of those...and simply use my Cary as a pre.The question is,do they have that luscious meaty sound that Naim delivers?
Schiit is direct to customer, they don't have dealers which is why their prices are so reasonable. Yeah, I ran my center HARD (~95 dB 13 feet away) for almost 3 hours and it didn't go into protection.
post #36160 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 03:25 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Red MC View Post
So does that mean the Vidar sounds better than the JC1?
Dunno, they don't arrive until Saturday.
post #36161 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 06:05 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 680 Post(s)
Liked: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by yonson View Post
I ordered an Eitr for my office setup, debating on replacing my Modi 2 Uber with a Modi 2 Multibit as well...

As far as the Vidar go, I'm just going to run them straight off my Oppo 105D since it has balanced out...
I have spent many hours with each Schiit Multibit DAC, including comparing Yiggy and Gumby at home.

All of the reports I've read indicate the Modi 2 Multibit is a step up from the Uber and Eitr improves it even further. Mimby + Eitr still costing less than Bimby.

I spent a good hour or two just going back and forth between Mimby and Bimby and couldn't discern any difference. Bimby of course offers upgradability over Mimby but also costs $599 vs. $250 (or $420 with Eitr).

The biggest step up is Gumby at $1250. It offers upgradability and balanced outputs. It sounds the most different from the other Schiit DACs. It certainly adds detail and bass quality and control over Mimby/Bimby but also feels more analog with more mid-range emphasis.

Yiggy for $2300 simply is addictively amazing and it's hard to go back to anything else once you've heard it. Musical, detailed, bass, etc. It just brings it all in such a satisfying package.

So for me, there are two options with Schiit: test the waters with Mimby+Eitr or go all the way with Yiggy.
post #36162 of 36162 Old Yesterday, 06:50 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
I have spent many hours with each Schiit Multibit DAC, including comparing Yiggy and Gumby at home.

All of the reports I've read indicate the Modi 2 Multibit is a step up from the Uber and Eitr improves it even further. Mimby + Eitr still costing less than Bimby.

I spent a good hour or two just going back and forth between Mimby and Bimby and couldn't discern any difference. Bimby of course offers upgradability over Mimby but also costs $599 vs. $250 (or $420 with Eitr).

The biggest step up is Gumby at $1250. It offers upgradability and balanced outputs. It sounds the most different from the other Schiit DACs. It certainly adds detail and bass quality and control over Mimby/Bimby but also feels more analog with more mid-range emphasis.

Yiggy for $2300 simply is addictively amazing and it's hard to go back to anything else once you've heard it. Musical, detailed, bass, etc. It just brings it all in such a satisfying package.

So for me, there are two options with Schiit: test the waters with Mimby+Eitr or go all the way with Yiggy.
Yeah, it's for a work setup and size is important so nothing bigger than a modi 2...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page