Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 1230 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 5391Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #36871 of 36878 Old Yesterday, 04:52 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,259
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 459
https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/music
Can we assume that the release of these was a DUD,I have not heard a thing about them since the big release?
My take is that these are not for those seeking high end 2 channel playback,so not for most people here at least.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's,Neat Iotas, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/250dr/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.,Special 40's.
no quarter is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #36872 of 36878 Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 6,615
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1358 Post(s)
Liked: 611
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
https://www.dynaudio.com/home-audio/music
Can we assume that the release of these was a DUD,I have not heard a thing about them since the big release?
My take is that these are not for those seeking high end 2 channel playback,so not for most people here at least.
They won't be released in the US till Dec/Jan from what I was told..... They need a sound bar now!

Dynaudio, Magnepan, Belles, Hegel, Musical Fidelity and KEF, etc......Contour's 20's/Special 40's or Raidho next...
Kanso Audio Stand's http://kansoaudiofurniture.com/
Garman is online now  
post #36873 of 36878 Old Today, 05:31 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 477
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 204
I don't think we are the prime market for those things anyways. I wonder how these will be distributed, only through the boutiques doesnt seem right. You should be able to buy this sort of thing on line.
aschen is online now  
 
post #36874 of 36878 Old Today, 08:04 AM
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Schaumburg, IL
Posts: 245
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 187 Post(s)
Liked: 82
Quote:
Originally Posted by aschen View Post
I don't think we are the prime market for those things anyways. I wonder how these will be distributed, only through the boutiques doesnt seem right. You should be able to buy this sort of thing on line.
Agree. I see these as direct competition to Sonos or Bluesound or Bose and should be sold online. Their proposed price point is somewhat in the same range (though somewhat higher).

Dynaudio Focus 260 | Focus 210C | Naim Nait 5si | Marantz 6008 | Oppo- 93 BDP | Audioquest Cables
Matrixman18 is online now  
post #36875 of 36878 Old Today, 10:52 AM
Advanced Member
 
Borderdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 241
I had thought about getting a pair of Xeo 2s for my shop. The reason is I don't want to fool around with extra electronics in the shop. But then, where do I place them? If I were to set up the Xeo's for good stereo reproduction in one spot, but then when I'm working in another area of the shop, they would just be background music.

The new Music line does intrigue me somewhat, because I could just move the box to wherever I'm working in the shop. I guess they're kind of like a high-end boom box.

I want something that sounds good, but not too good. Sounding too good might be a distraction (I like my 9 7/8 fingers).
no quarter likes this.
Borderdog is online now  
post #36876 of 36878 Old Today, 10:55 AM
Advanced Member
 
Borderdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
Posts: 702
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 308 Post(s)
Liked: 241
Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrixman18 View Post
Agree. I see these as direct competition to Sonos or Bluesound or Bose and should be sold online. Their proposed price point is somewhat in the same range (though somewhat higher).
I agree, these might be sold online. This is the first time Dyn has ever listed retail prices on their website.
Borderdog is online now  
post #36877 of 36878 Old Today, 11:15 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
no quarter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 1,259
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 869 Post(s)
Liked: 459
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
I had thought about getting a pair of Xeo 2s for my shop. The reason is I don't want to fool around with extra electronics in the shop. But then, where do I place them? If I were to set up the Xeo's for good stereo reproduction in one spot, but then when I'm working in another area of the shop, they would just be background music.

The new Music line does intrigue me somewhat, because I could just move the box to wherever I'm working in the shop. I guess they're kind of like a high-end boom box.

I want something that sounds good, but not too good. Sounding too good might be a distraction (I like my 9 7/8 fingers).
Good one!I also have 9 7/8 fingers myself from a work accident.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , confidence centre, XD 600's,excite 12's,Neat Iotas, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, (2) Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray/sacd/dvd audio,Nordost Heimdall 2 cables
2 channel-Naim Core/N 272/XPS DR/250dr/power lines-XD 600's,Teac pd-501 DSD player.,Special 40's.
no quarter is online now  
post #36878 of 36878 Old Today, 02:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Mr.SoftDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 1,315
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 497 Post(s)
Liked: 399
Guys,

Hope you don’t mind me posting here for this but many of you are much more Stereo centric.

Long story short, I purchased three Solid Steel amp stands last week and they arrived Monday. They are the tripod design in gloss white.

They are beautiful but the tripod design as well as gloss white is not working for me as I thought. To handle my Simaudio mono amps I need to turn them sideways to as my Simaudio are more wide than deep. The deal is I am not happy with this look. The end that has one leg looks like a magic trick and looks like that side of the stand is floating in air when looking dead on. I didn’t think it would be an issue in my mind when I ordered them.

Also the gloss white is gorgeous and I thought it would brighten my space a bit but I admit I’m a wood guy thru and thru.

Here’s the kicker-My wife didn’t know I was thinking of returning them as I didn’t want her to get ticked. Tuesday is trash day and while I was at work she tossed the boxes for pick-up!! She was trying to be helpful or was it she wanted the boxes out of the room?

Anyway, I think that killed my return possibilities.

I have two stands in size B. I will post a link that shows dimensions for these. And I have one size A which is larger and I was going to use it for a multichannel amp I purchased for rears and Atmos heights.

I bought them last week from Music Direct. They had a sale on the gloss white tripod only. MSRP was 800. They were selling them for 400. They are a week old maybe I can do 325 and split shipping.

I’ll post the two links depicting size. I’ll try to take some pictures and send if anyone is interested.

If you can utilize where the tripod is orientated in the proper direction they are beautiful. They are heavy and built like tanks.
I know several of you have white gloss speakers and these might match wonderfully.

I’m a wood guy thru and thru I guess. I would love to sale them as I’m ordered something different today.

Send me a PM if you want to discuss price or have other questions.

Thanks and sorry to dodge into the Dyn thread.

Two of size B
https://almaaudio.com/products/solid...nt=21449202817

One of size A
https://almaaudio.com/products/solid...hs-a-amp-stand

Rick

Last edited by Mr.SoftDome; Today at 02:46 PM.
Mr.SoftDome is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , dynaudio confidence , dynaudio contours , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Thread Tools
Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off