Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 13 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 345Likes

post #361 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 07:14 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
If the 30th anniv. edition uses the S3.4 platform as rumored (probably with Esotar2 tweeter with upgraded mids and crossover). Then you will have all the qualities of the S25 in a beautiful and compact floorstander.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #362 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 08:05 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by EL_Cheese View Post

Holy Snap! This amp is soooo much snappier and effortlessly dynamic than the old Rotel 1080!

Didn't do a blind test, but it just makes me smile. I feel like I have re-discovered my speakers.

Thanks All.

Did you get a 4004?
post #363 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 12:56 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgerman View Post

If the 30th anniv. edition uses the S3.4 platform as rumored (probably with Esotar2 tweeter with upgraded mids and crossover). Then you will have all the qualities of the S25 in a beautiful and compact floorstander.

The final word on the 30th anniv. edition is that is will fall between the C2 and C4 floor speakers. Apparently its design will be different than any of their current speakers. Should be interesting.
post #364 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 02:18 PM

Quote:

Should I be considering RB 1070 its have the price of 1080 for reduction of 70W in power.

I wouldn't look at it as merely a 70W loss in power. The RB1080 also has a larger transformer and separate power supplies for each channel. Also, a better dampening factor (double of that of the RB1070) which is important for feeding difficult loads like Dynaudios. The RB1080 is a terrific value if you don't want to get into exotic amps.
post #365 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 07:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CycloneMike View Post

Ty:

Thanks for the comparison. I have the 3.4's, but miss the monitor sound I had with the 1.3SE's that I previously owned.

I do not have a dedicated 2-channel system, but do listen to 2-channel music quite often in my home theater.

You got a spare pair of Special 25's that you can ship me so I can do my own personal side-by-side?

Thanks again!

I do have a spare pair...let me know when you are in the MKE market for demo

Tyler Mueller

Next Level Audio and Video
www.nextlevelav.com
tyler@nextlevelav.com
post #366 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post

The final word on the 30th anniv. edition is that is will fall between the C2 and C4 floor speakers. Apparently its design will be different than any of their current speakers. Should be interesting.

That's my understanding as well..completely different design with a price point between the C2 and C4....We have already pre-ordered for anyone in the Midwest looking for a fun demo!!!

Tyler Mueller

Next Level Audio and Video
www.nextlevelav.com
tyler@nextlevelav.com
post #367 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 10:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Has anyone tried a single 52se on its side as a center channel for a pair of L/R 52se mains?
post #368 of 24488 Old 03-13-2007, 10:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

That is correct. It will be a 3-way designed speaker. My guess it will be like the Contour 3.0, but with updated styling.

Tony G. Cordova, President
Showplace Oklahoma - Showplace Theater & Sound
"We put the SHOW in your PLACE."
post #369 of 24488 Old 03-14-2007, 01:01 AM

Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post

Has anyone tried a single 52se on its side as a center channel for a pair of L/R 52se mains?

Hi Redskin,

I'm also very interested in using a 3rd 52SE as the center channel. I'm sure it would be more than perfect in the vertical position, but I have probably the same constraint as you, so it would need to be laid on its side...

I have already received "potential" positive feedback, and hopefully somebody who has tried it that way will speak up, sooner or later.

Regards,

Fernando
post #370 of 24488 Old 03-14-2007, 07:14 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntony View Post

That is correct. It will be a 3-way designed speaker. My guess it will be like the Contour 3.0, but with updated styling.

When is it suppose to arrive in the states?
post #371 of 24488 Old 03-14-2007, 07:47 AM
AVS Club Gold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tmueller View Post

I do have a spare pair...let me know when you are in the MKE market for demo

The closest I will get is Waterloo, IA this weekend to visit family over spring break. Not quite close enough!

"A banker: the person who lends you his umbrella when the sun is shining and wants it back the minute it rains" - Mark Twain
post #372 of 24488 Old 03-14-2007, 08:13 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:

When is it suppose to arrive in the states?

I believe it will debut at CEDIA 07. Possibly, we'll see the revamped Audience series as well.

post #373 of 24488 Old 03-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redskin View Post

It will not be as ideal as running it vertically, but I still believe it will be superior to using the 122 center or any other horizontally positioned MTM center. It is the EXACT same speaker design and component selection and not "similarly voiced".
post #374 of 24488 Old 03-17-2007, 07:47 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Can the Esotec tweeter in the Contour SR be replaced with the Esotar from the Special 25?
post #375 of 24488 Old 03-17-2007, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Anyone hear of MC15s yet? Seem ideal for an iPod System. That said, any opinions on the other active Dynaudio speakers for a small office system?
post #376 of 24488 Old 03-17-2007, 09:10 AM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 271 Post(s)
Liked: 85
They Sound Unbelievable
post #377 of 24488 Old 03-17-2007, 09:21 AM

Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by CINERAMAX View Post

They Sound Unbelievable

Are the MC 15s for sale yet? Thought they were a March release but haven't seen any out on the market. You have them?
post #378 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 11:20 AM
Advanced Member

This taken from my newsletter.

The new Dynaudio Audience 42 SAT

The all-new Dynaudio Audience 42 SAT expands the possibilities in its ability to bridge the demands of modern living with the desire for superb audio performance and delivers the enjoyment of a full-fledged loudspeaker system without the requirements of much physical space. Mated to a subwoofer such as the Dynaudio SUB 250, it forms a most formidable yet compact stereo system taking up virtually no floor space while delivering floor standing speaker performance. It mounts to the wall via a single screw, allowing one to create either stereo or multi-channel home theatre systems with the unrivalled Dynaudio sound

The Dynaudio Audience 42 SAT model has been specifically designed for on-wall placement. A keyhole fixture is integrated into the rear panel to facilitate easy mounting. The applications are fully versatile: they can be used as front, center, or rear channels in multi-channel systems, or they can be employed in a traditional Sub/Sat system. The Audience 42 SAT features an inverted driver array with a slightly angled downward-sloped baffle to position the loudspeaker for proper directivity in relation to the listening position.

The Audience 42 SAT is also magnetically shielded, thus enabling use in close proximity to video displays. The required wiring can be hidden via the integrated channels on the back of the speaker. Featuring true Dynaudio technology and class leading driver designs to yield an incredible value, the all new Audience 42 SAT may be one of the most versatile - and definitely one of the best sounding - loudspeaker systems that money can buy.
post #379 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 11:25 AM

my experience with dynaudio: car spkrs.

horrible sounding (in my car, at least). car was bmw e36 m3 and my dealer (audio store) installed them in the kick panels (5.25") and the tweeters higher up in the doors (in stock locations). I was told AFTER they were installed that they needed a break-in period. would have been nice to have them broken-in before installation...

they never sounded good. the crossover was too shallow (6db/oct) and while the theory sounded good, the sound did not! removed them and went with my old standards, some a/d/s/ and that smoothed out the sound with NO break-in period needed. same spkr sizes and stock holes, too.

for home audio, it might be worth checking out. for car, I would never try them again. over-priced (well built woofers, though!) and not at all tuned for car sound.
post #380 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 11:32 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux-works View Post

horrible sounding (in my car, at least). car was bmw e36 m3 and my dealer (audio store) installed them in the kick panels (5.25") and the tweeters higher up in the doors (in stock locations). I was told AFTER they were installed that they needed a break-in period. would have been nice to have them broken-in before installation...

they never sounded good. the crossover was too shallow (6db/oct) and while the theory sounded good, the sound did not! removed them and went with my old standards, some a/d/s/ and that smoothed out the sound with NO break-in period needed. same spkr sizes and stock holes, too.

for home audio, it might be worth checking out. for car, I would never try them again. over-priced (well built woofers, though!) and not at all tuned for car sound.

The Dynaudio car speakers are VERY sensitive to placement. I used to compete in SQ competitions both in USAC and IASCA. I heard many cars with dyn.'s that I thought sounded terrible and every one of them came down to install. I used Dynaudio's in my car and loved them. I paired them with Butler tube driver amps, McIntosh source unit, and had them installed in custom sealed kick panel enclosures that were on axis with the listener. I personally think the key to getting them to sound good was the on axis positioning.

The A/D/S speakers were very nice and less sensitive to placement.
post #381 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 04:07 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by linux-works View Post

There are far too many variables involved in a car install to pass judgement on a brand of speakers based on one experience.
post #382 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 04:24 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Some people will never like a Dynaudio speaker, because they are neutral and accurate.

Most people like sonic pyrotechnics with overly bright highs and added midbass, especially true in car audio, though there are some sound quality oriented car systems.

I got my start in car hi-fi, working with companies like Dynaudio, Focal, MB Quart, Diamond Audio. While they all were great companies, the MB Quarts and Diamonds made my ear drums bleed. Very very fatiguing. Focal were a step in the right direction.

Dynaudio is simply neutral and you can actually sit there and listen without the obligatory headache 5 minutes in.

As always, people are entitled to their opinions.
post #383 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 05:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Yea to each his own architect, i was into car audio to in the early-mid 90's with a quart system. The most winning combination was quarts, alpine deck, ppi amps, jl subs. I pushed different amps instead and different subs and never thought it was to bright, and could play full volume for hours. Even some snobs at the store after hearing them were always in love.

I still dont think ear bleeding speakers would dominate iasca like no other has being 'overly bright'. Focal has been more dominate in iasca than dynaudio.
Maybe the judges prefer 'bright' inaccurate speakers
post #384 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 05:45 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

Yea to each his own architect, i was into car audio to in the early-mid 90's with a quart system. The most winning combination was quarts, alpine deck, ppi amps, jl subs. I pushed different amps instead and different subs and never thought it was to bright, and could play full volume for hours. Even some snobs at the store after hearing them were always in love.

I still dont think ear bleeding speakers would dominate iasca like no other has being 'overly bright'. Focal has been more dominate in iasca than dynaudio.
Maybe the judges prefer 'bright' inaccurate speakers

Winning competitions is NOT all SQ regardless of what venue your competing in. Installation is such a large factor, as was RTA and SPL depending on format. So even if the system was on the bright side, it could more than make up in other areas. The fact that people won with them does not mean they are not inherently bright, it means they scored enough points to win. Regardless sound is subjective, so if you like the sound, that is all that matters.

Back to the main subject. DYNAUDIO SPEAKERS!
post #385 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 05:49 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zues View Post

I still dont think ear bleeding speakers would dominate iasca like no other has being 'overly bright'. Focal has been more dominate in iasca than dynaudio. Maybe the judges prefer 'bright' inaccurate speakers

Well theres plenty of "judges/reviewers" in the home audio arena that prefer inaccurate products, so I wouldnt be a bit surprised.
post #386 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 06:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynfan View Post

The fact that people won with them does not mean they are not inherently bright,

I can buy inherently accurate When you throw a plate to the ground and it smashes i dont expect laid back sound. Sometimes people can confuse accurate, to just more pleasing unaccurate sound. Whats accurate and whats pleasing can be two different things.
post #387 of 24488 Old 03-20-2007, 08:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Hmmm? I think the VW Dynaudio systems sound great. Much better than the GM Bo$e system I have in my vehicle.

Enough of car audio, though. I'm trying to forget those days

post #388 of 24488 Old 03-21-2007, 12:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntony View Post

The C2 is a tad harder to drive and requires more power IMO, but driven with the appropriate power it's smoother and more refined over the 5.4 (not by much). The C2 is very well balanced. It's also an eye-catcher.

I have the 5.4 in my own system and I'm completely happy with them. When you step up to the C4 is where I see the big sonic leap. The C4 has unparalled sound qualities and is significantly better than the C2 and 5.4.

The two amplifiers I recommend are the Parasound Halos and Brystons. I'm experimenting with Cary Audio as well, but haven't gotten the chance to hear these just yet as the Cary's are a new line for us. With the new Parasound JC2 pre-amp coming out mated with the JC1 amps, the C2/C4 is sure to please. Currently, the Parasound Halo P3 isn't as refined of a pre-amp many of us would like, so in comes the JC2. I'm expecting big things from this pre-amp for our 2 channel customers. Of course, you can't go wrong with Bryston either. They certainly have power options and their pre-amp is phenominal.

When do you expect to get the JC2?
post #389 of 24488 Old 03-21-2007, 12:03 PM

To AudioArchitect and ttowntony, please help:

I'm using Aragon 8008x5 and Meridian Pre/Pro to run my Audience 82, 122c. I know Dynaudio sound fabulous with Plinius SA102 because my friend has the amp to drive his contour 3.0. But I don't want to spend to much money on the amp. My question is: if I switch from Aragon to Parasound A51, Is the definate improvement or just a lateral move.

Thanks,

Zi
post #390 of 24488 Old 03-21-2007, 01:51 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by zisince32 View Post

To AudioArchitect and ttowntony, please help:

I'm using Aragon 8008x5 and Meridian Pre/Pro to run my Audience 82, 122c. I know Dynaudio sound fabulous with Plinius SA102 because my friend has the amp to drive his contour 3.0. But I don't want to spend to much money on the amp. My question is: if I switch from Aragon to Parasound A51, Is the definate improvement or just a lateral move.

Thanks,

Zi

Parasound Halo is an exceptional pairing with Dynaudio. They truly are the best value in audio. Plinius also is a good product as well, however if you are getting into that kind of money I would rather see you go with Simaudio.

Im a big Simaudio fan especially with Dynaudio. Unlimited high current amps. The Aurora and Titan are beasts!

www.simaudio.com

I would recommend:

Parasound Halo
Bryston
Simaudio
Dare I say Krell!!

Dynaudio want high current amplifiers. Tubes and receivers need not apply. Now, the Plinius SA102 is a 2-channel amp, do you want a 2-channel or 5-channel amp?

The Plinius Odeon would be the 5-channel model.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page