Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 25 - AVS Forum
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last
Speakers > Dynaudio Owner's Thread
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 03:01 PM 05-11-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by funkybase View Post

Just bought the Focus 200 C to my ht setup. Sounds just great!

You dog ! Mine should arrive on Wednesday.

Bill

Insomniahead's Avatar Insomniahead 03:21 PM 05-11-2007
Dynfan you have a pm
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:07 PM 05-11-2007
Well, I just had the distinct pleasure to dial in a brand new pair of Dynaudio Temptations for my customer. This is to be the last setup my customer ever wanted to buy, so he wanted to really do it up right. Anchored by the Temptations, we mated them with the brand new Krell EVO's. This system retails in the $75K range, so I couldn't wait to get started setting these up. This will be the last setup he ever buys, it is extraordinary.

First, unloading the Temptations (300 pounds each) wasn't the easiest of things I've ever had to do. However, unboxing was a breeze! Dynaudio packaging is second to none. The crates the Temptations come in are well mastered themselves. I've never seen such attention to detail paid to the boxes before.....bravo! There is definitely a trick to unboxing them, but we were able to figure it out.

The room they were installed had a nice dedicated layout. Roughly 22'Wx30'L was more than ample room for these guys to perform to their fullest. Once placed, which was 3' out from the back wall, we were ready to hook up the equipment. This is a 2-channel setup mind you, so I didn't have to worry about dialing in the surrounds and center......that was nice for a change. My first love will always be 2-channel systems....I have to say, this is the best system I have ever heard in my life and they only had an hour or so playing time on them. We'll be back out after 300 hours or so of playing time to review again. But, I must have received a half dozen or so calls and emails already from my customer stating how much he loves them.

There will be more details later, but I wanted to at least get some of my initial impressions out there.

Tony
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 08:09 PM 05-11-2007
Alright guys and gals. This promises to be a fun speaker product!!

The Dynaudio DM line which will be show at the 2007 HE show going on right now.

Theres two models, the DM 2/10 and DM 2/8.

The 2/10 is a two way featuring a 10" woofer!! Though it probably wont quite have the refinement of the Audience or Focus line, it will be unbeatable for home theater and just a kick ass dynamic bookshelf capable of 35-40hz!!!

Check it out:

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/systems/...ions/dm210.php
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:17 PM 05-11-2007
Quote:

it will be unbeatable for home theater and just a kick ass dynamic bookshelf capable of 35-40hz!!!

Matt, I have to agree. This will be a fun speaker and can't wait to get my review pair.
CycloneMike's Avatar CycloneMike 09:09 PM 05-11-2007
Tony,

If you client will allow, how about a photo of that Temptation setup? My wife might wonder what is happening when I leave the computer room drooling!!!!

I wish my firm still had a project in Tulsa so I would have a good (and paid) reason to head down to your shop, but that was several years ago when I designed a pump station for the water system. It was next to Shadow Mountain Park on Sheridan, I think it was in the southeast part of town not too far from Southern Hills golf course.
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 09:45 PM 05-11-2007
Quote:

how about a photo of that Temptation setup?

You bet! I took several and would love to show everyone.
craigsub's Avatar craigsub 09:46 PM 05-11-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post

Alright guys and gals. This promises to be a fun speaker product!!

The Dynaudio DM line which will be show at the 2007 HE show going on right now.

Theres two models, the DM 2/10 and DM 2/8.

The 2/10 is a two way featuring a 10" woofer!! Though it probably wont quite have the refinement of the Audience or Focus line, it will be unbeatable for home theater and just a kick ass dynamic bookshelf capable of 35-40hz!!!

Check it out:

http://www.dynaudio.com/eng/systems/...ions/dm210.php

How much are the 2/10's ? They do look like fun.
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 10:00 PM 05-11-2007
Retail:

DM2/8 - $975
DM2/10 - $1350

Oh, and the DM2/10's are 28lbs each!!!!!!
jing_nad's Avatar jing_nad 07:55 PM 05-13-2007
Hi, will a NAD C272 be able to handle the Dyn Audience 52? Any inputs based on your experience is highly appreciated.

Thank you.
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 08:17 PM 05-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing_nad View Post

Hi, will a NAD C272 be able to handle the Dyn Audience 52? Any inputs based on your experience is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Yes!
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:19 PM 05-13-2007
Quote:

Hi, will a NAD C272 be able to handle the Dyn Audience 52

Just about any receiver will work. However, separates just outperform receivers as a whole both at low and high volumes. Most receivers are not meant for 4 ohm speakers, that's not to say they won't power them, though.
jing_nad's Avatar jing_nad 08:49 PM 05-13-2007
Thanks for your responses!

How will you characterize the sound of NAD C272+Dyn 52? Currently have C352 driving the Dyns, will there be improvements with NAD C272? What degree? In other words, is this a good upgrade afterall?

Thank you.
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 09:13 PM 05-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by jing_nad View Post

Thanks for your responses!

How will you characterize the sound of NAD C272+Dyn 52? Currently have C352 driving the Dyns, will there be improvements with NAD C272? What degree? In other words, is this a good upgrade afterall?

Thank you.

I believe the C272 is a dedicated 2-channel amp, so I assume you would be using the preouts on the C352 with the C272. Though the extra wattage can help, you would be better off upgrading your Dynaudio 52s to the 52SE or the Focus 140s. That will give you a bigger upgrade.
jing_nad's Avatar jing_nad 09:24 PM 05-13-2007
Yes, that is exactly my intention, to use the C352 as the preamp...my goal is to improve the amplification, I am not sure whether the C352 is doing justice to the dyn52 currently, some say the dyn 52 can offer more with higher amplification than the C352 can offer, basically that is the driver in upgrading to C272...

Going to 52SE or Focus 140 would still require better amp than the C352, am I correct on this thinking?

thanks!
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:31 AM 05-14-2007
Dynaudio Temptations - ENJOY!!!
LL
LL
LL
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:33 AM 05-14-2007
More Temptation Pics.
LL
LL
LL
wgerman's Avatar wgerman 09:07 AM 05-14-2007
WOW......................!!!! Thanks TTowny
Insomniahead's Avatar Insomniahead 09:26 AM 05-14-2007
dynfan,

you have a pm and payment sent. Thanks!
dynfan's Avatar dynfan 07:08 PM 05-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insomniahead View Post

dynfan,

you have a pm and payment sent. Thanks!

Thanks! Stands have been shipped!

If anyone else is interested I also have a pair of the Dynaudio wall mounts. New in box... never used. If anyone is interested send me a PM.
dynfan's Avatar dynfan 07:09 PM 05-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntony View Post

More Temptation Pics.

Are there any acoustic treatments in that room?
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 07:55 PM 05-14-2007
Quote:

Are there any acoustic treatments in that room?

I didn't do the room, that was done when the previous setup was put in. To answer your question, though. YES. The entire room has acoustic panels with fabric over the top. Even the door shown in the picture has a panel that covers it.

I would like to completely redo that room, but this house is actually for sale. This setup will end up in the new house and that is where we'll dress up the room more. And yes it will be treated. And the plasma wires will be hidden.....they could have done a better job in that regard for sure.
ericgl's Avatar ericgl 08:09 PM 05-14-2007
Tony, this must be one of the high points of your career, congrats.
TheEAR's Avatar TheEAR 08:20 PM 05-14-2007
Tony,

Congratulations! You have some of the very finest loudspeakers made,a true dream for many audiophiles.

I feel cheap with my Contour S5.4's....
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:23 PM 05-14-2007
True, it's not every day you sell a setup like this. We have done quite a few setups costing more and with more elaborate details. But, those systems usually save nothing for the audio and end up with in-walls and a receiver. Most spend all their money on the room and leave nothing for the audio.....backwards in my opinion.

This was our first Temptations experience. I can say with all honesty this is the best sounding system I've ever heard and that includes all the "show" systems over the years.

When I first fired it up with "come away with me" from Norah Jones made me grin from ear to ear.....and I don't even like that song. Second song I wanted to have some fun with Michael Jackson's "billie jean"......Oh, my! But, it was the third song, which is one of my all time favorites "hotel california" by the Eagles that brought tears to my eyes and my customers. The toms at the beginning sat me back in my seat, I was paralyzed from then on.
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:29 PM 05-14-2007
Quote:

I feel cheap with my Contour S5.4's

Hey, that is what I'm having to live with as well. I love them!!! Only one other speaker I like as much under $10K is the Model 9 Aerial Acoustic. Both are different from each other, but nothing else I know of can touch either of these IMHO.

I have the S5.4 mated with the Bryston 4BSST......Awesome combination!
TheEAR's Avatar TheEAR 08:33 PM 05-14-2007
Tony,

Try some Tommy Emmanuel playing his magical acoustic guitar...this is goosebump country. Great acoustic gutar played by a master is something to listen to on the upper class Dynes.

These cost what? 40K...one day when I get crazy enough.
TheEAR's Avatar TheEAR 08:34 PM 05-14-2007
Oh all my Dynes are Sim Audio Celeste and MOON powered. A match made in heaven or close. SimAudio is another company I am totally sold to,superb products from top to bottom,great execution and sound.
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:38 PM 05-14-2007
Quote:

magical acoustic guitar

My favorite is Bruce Cockburn. A twelve-string master IMO. Give him a listen.
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:41 PM 05-14-2007
I like Simaudio as well. Another dealer has it locked up here, though. Too bad as most like the Dynaudio and Simaudio combination.

I have another dealer I think I can get the Simaudio gear if I need it. He probably shows himself here from time-to-time.
Tags: Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems
First ... 23  24  25 26  27  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop