Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 31 - AVS Forum
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last
Speakers > Dynaudio Owner's Thread
Ariduby's Avatar Ariduby 12:20 PM 06-09-2007
Thanks for the responses and yes, I really did read all 30 pages. I agree that it seems logical to have the dialog coming from a center channel above/below the plasma. I made that statement to the salesman myself. I will definitely go back next week and listen to the 140's and post the results. Hopefully, they'll have that setup to test. As per the sub, I suppose I would hold off and see if I felt like I were missing anything. Easy enough to add down the road.

Ironically, I asked about powering the 220's with the Arcam as it was the receiver I was considering to power the Revel F12's. But he felt the 220's were best served at max power.

One last question for now Did anyone here audition the Revel F12's or the Totem Arro's. I was curious as to what impressions others had. Frankly, the 220's blew the Arros away in the 2.0 realm but the F12's were in the ball park. F 12's are less expensive but they have a larger footprint and space is at a premium in my NYC apartment and the Arro's are smaller and cheaper that the others. 140's on the other hand would be smallest but I'd be worried about knocking over the stand. Sometimes while watching football we toss one around too. I thought this was supposed to be fun. Thanks again.

Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 01:51 PM 06-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post


140's on the other hand would be smallest but I'd be worried about knocking over the stand. Sometimes while watching football we toss one around too. I thought this was supposed to be fun. Thanks again.

I have my 140s on Dynaudio 2 stands filled with sand with the 140s blutacked (Staples cheaper version) to the stands. I have always had floorstanding speakers and can say the 140s/2 stands are just as stable.

Even a floorstanding speaker could tip over if hit by a wideout going for a deep pass ! Yes it should be fun but I am a little over protective of my beautiful Rosewood finish.

Bill
ChrisWiggles's Avatar ChrisWiggles 06:17 PM 06-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post

Thanks for the responses and yes, I really did read all 30 pages. I agree that it seems logical to have the dialog coming from a center channel above/below the plasma. I made that statement to the salesman myself. I will definitely go back next week and listen to the 140's and post the results. Hopefully, they'll have that setup to test. As per the sub, I suppose I would hold off and see if I felt like I were missing anything. Easy enough to add down the road.

Ironically, I asked about powering the 220's with the Arcam as it was the receiver I was considering to power the Revel F12's. But he felt the 220's were best served at max power.

One last question for now Did anyone here audition the Revel F12's or the Totem Arro's. I was curious as to what impressions others had. Frankly, the 220's blew the Arros away in the 2.0 realm but the F12's were in the ball park. F 12's are less expensive but they have a larger footprint and space is at a premium in my NYC apartment and the Arro's are smaller and cheaper that the others. 140's on the other hand would be smallest but I'd be worried about knocking over the stand. Sometimes while watching football we toss one around too. I thought this was supposed to be fun. Thanks again.

I ahven't compared these at all, but I have enormous respect for Revel as well, but I would characterize Revel and Dynaudio pretty differently. I think Revel is a more conservative, sort of "textbook" speaker, very well engineered. They don't have the kind of soundstage of the Dynaudios, so it is a big taste preference IMO. Personally, I love what Dynaudio does, but I think that many may prefer the more conservative presentation of Revel. Both make fantastic speakers, so I'd stick with listening and seeing which you prefer.
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 08:01 PM 06-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post

One last question for now Did anyone here audition the Revel F12's or the Totem Arro's. I was curious as to what impressions others had. Frankly, the 220's blew the Arros away in the 2.0 realm but the F12's were in the ball park. F 12's are less expensive but they have a larger footprint and space is at a premium in my NYC apartment and the Arro's are smaller and cheaper that the others. 140's on the other hand would be smallest but I'd be worried about knocking over the stand. Sometimes while watching football we toss one around too. I thought this was supposed to be fun. Thanks again.

While I think Revel has engineered great products in the past, they have resorted to cheaper build practices in the newer lines, especially evident in their current Performa and Ultima2 lines.

Unfortunately the whole company has been juggled around by different ownership and the cost-cutting has taken its toll. Many other fine manufacturers have been dragged down because of this as well.

Revel is just not going to hold up to Dynaudio for music. But, I will let you own ears confirm that.
ericgl's Avatar ericgl 08:15 PM 06-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post


Revel is just not going to hold up to Dynaudio for music. But, I will let you own ears confirm that.

Poisoning the water?
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 08:29 PM 06-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgl View Post

Poisoning the water?

I would think it is more of an opinion than anything else.

Bill
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 09:21 PM 06-09-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericgl View Post

Poisoning the water?

He had mentioned in a previous post that quote "Frankly, the 220's blew the Arros away in the 2.0 realm but the F12's were in the ball park."

In the ball park, doesnt sound like stiff competition to me. It sounds like his ears already made up their minds.
Ariduby's Avatar Ariduby 11:43 PM 06-09-2007
The truth is all 3 speakers are very capable. If the wife insisted on the Arro's due to their small footprint and nice veneer I wouldn't file for divorce. Then again, if we were to get divorced I would let her keep the Arro's. On the other hand, if I got the Dynaudios they wouldn't be leaving my side. Frankly, when I heard the Revel's I was very impressed. They were the best speakers I had heard to date and I could more than live with them. However, when I was listening to the Dynaudio's I was sitting there trying to be all critical and serious and I was having a hard time not cracking a smile. So, for me personally, I do prefer the Dynaudio. But, there are also some other considerations from cost to footprint to aesthetics to my attempt at passable home theater sound. Plus I still have to try the 140s as well. As a last resort I'm contemplating purchasing 6 more AM/Fm clock radios and create a 7.0 surround sound system. It may not sound as good but at least I won't oversleep.
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 01:24 AM 06-10-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post

As a last resort I'm contemplating purchasing 6 more AM/Fm clock radios and create a 7.0 surround sound system. It may not sound as good but at least I won't oversleep.

Now you are on the right track! I heard Dynaudio was coming out with a clock radio so you will be all set. Nothing better than hearing that "EEEEEEEEEE" alarm noise in 7.0 ! Of course the new Dyn model with the soft dome tweeter will not be as harsh on the ears.

Bill
pal1982's Avatar pal1982 02:42 PM 06-11-2007
Ok you asked for it.... here is the pic of the MC15' i got in the store.... go ahead and drool... lol
dbelon's Avatar dbelon 12:20 PM 06-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Butter View Post

Didn't read the whole thread, but here's another Dynaudio fan. I've got Dynaudio 72SE's up front w/ a 122 center. Had them for about a year. Prior system was my "1st job out of college" setup with Paradigm 9SE's, which are now in the workout room. Anyway, benchmark system was my buddy's B&W CDM setup, which is pretty d&^% nice, but when I did an extended compare with B&W 703 & 804 in the store, I liked the Dynaudio's better. I do probably need more juice for them, since they're running off of a Denon 3805 right now. I need to pickup a solid 2-channel, because they lack dynamics at loud volume, which I assume is due to the receiver.
Pete

I also have a pair of Dynaudio Audience 82s and 122C connected to my Denon AVR 3805. I beefed up the power with a Rotel RB-1080 power amp (200wpc). Very pleased with the setup now. Danes don't lie.

Dennis
AnthemAVM's Avatar AnthemAVM 12:57 PM 06-12-2007
If you like Jazz, this CD is a show stopper on my Dynaudio speakers.



The detail and image of the Sax is to die for!

Michael
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 09:10 PM 06-12-2007
I know this is a Dynaudio thread, but I just have to shout out loud to the other Dynaudio dealers who frequent this thread. We are now SimAudio dealers.......wooohoo!!!

With the enormous increase in popularity of Dynaudio speakers and our sales history (best in state), it only made sense SimAudio be added to mate with our Dyn's. A match made in heaven and we now have it.
AnthemAVM's Avatar AnthemAVM 09:50 PM 06-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntony View Post

I know this is a Dynaudio thread, but I just have to shout out loud to the other Dynaudio dealers who frequent this thread. We are now SimAudio dealers.......wooohoo!!!

With the enormous increase in popularity of Dynaudio speakers and our sales history (best in state), it only made sense SimAudio be added to mate with our Dyn's. A match made in heaven and we now have it.

Which amps are you going to put in your showroom?
CETA's Avatar CETA 09:59 PM 06-12-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by ttowntony View Post

I know this is a Dynaudio thread, but I just have to shout out loud to the other Dynaudio dealers who frequent this thread. We are now SimAudio dealers.......wooohoo!!!

With the enormous increase in popularity of Dynaudio speakers and our sales history (best in state), it only made sense SimAudio be added to mate with our Dyn's. A match made in heaven and we now have it.

Tony,

What is causing the major increase in popularity? Is the Focus Series selling like hot cakes?

Michael. thanks for the suggestion on the CD. I think I will pick it up and give it a try. I am trying to expand my musical tastes and enjoy jazz but don't know really where to start.

Another selfish plug is the Rega Saturn CDP and Dynaudio's sound amazing together. I think it all is broken in now. Yeah...

Rick
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 09:37 AM 06-13-2007
Quote:


Which amps are you going to put in your showroom?

We'll be a full line dealer and will have a combination of their 2-channel and theater electronics and amplifiers and we'll have most all on display.

Quote:


What is causing the major increase in popularity? Is the Focus Series selling like hot cakes?

Dynaudio is getting more exposure these days as I've seen an increase of advertisement in the mags as well as the dealers educating the public and bringing it to the forefront. Still not as widely known as B&W, Def Tech or Paradigm. But, those.....well never mind.....I don't want to bash other manufacturers. People are also starting to take notice of Dyn's craftsmanship and customer service, which is second to none. If I'm out of Dyn stock I have it on my doorstep in two days.....that is fast turnaround service. Awesome!

As for the Focus series, yes, it is sellig very well. The Contour series does well too as does the Confidence. And we all heard I sold our first pair of Temptations, which makes up a whole lot of Focus series speakers......
Neoguri's Avatar Neoguri 05:41 PM 06-13-2007
Hi everyone. I managed to snag another set of Dynaudio 42's so now I have the fronts and the rears. All that's left is the center channel which I will be getting soon.

The question I have is for the amp/receiver. I really don't have much money left for the receiver. Currently I am using my Marantz SR4500 which does have preouts. I was either considering get a used 5 channel amp and using the Marantz as a pre/pro, or purchase something like the Onkyo 605, Yamaha 661, Pioneer 1016, Panasonic XR57 etc.

Can I please get some recommendations as to what the best thing to do for me is. I would like it to keep it under $500 if possible. TIA.
will1066's Avatar will1066 06:11 PM 06-13-2007
What, if I may ask again, are the advantages of the C1 over the Special 25? I've heard anecdotes that the bass on the Special 25 might be a tad better, but the C1 ups the ante on all the positives of the Special 25?
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 10:24 PM 06-13-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by will1066 View Post

What, if I may ask again, are the advantages of the C1 over the Special 25? I've heard anecdotes that the bass on the Special 25 might be a tad better, but the C1 ups the ante on all the positives of the Special 25?

I wouldnt say one is necessarily "better" than the other, but they have a different sound. The Special 25 is a little brighter than is typical for Dynaudio, and there is more bass, but the C1 is more accurate and more resolving in the bass region.

The same can be said when comparing the Focus 140s to the S1.4s. The Focus 140s have a little more bass, but the S1.4 are more accurate and able to resolve the low-level detail to a better degree. Its all about quality and not quantity.

Once you are getting into the pricing of the C1 and the Special 25, I would spend the extra "couple of bucks" and go for the C1s. Plus you have the whole Confidence line which including a center channel which will perfectly match the C1.
spegr's Avatar spegr 10:31 PM 06-13-2007
HI :
I'm a new Dynaudio owner. I like to sit back and read everyone's advice and definitley take what everyone say's with a grain of salt. I learn a lot, but what it comes down to in the end is what do I like...what sounds good to ME. I read how many of us DONT have a lot of money to spend .....so naturally we want to get a maximum return for our dollar...right....ME TOO! So I hope this helps someone searching for a great speaker because heres my story. It's long but I hope it helps someone.

I started listening to B&W speakers thinking this is what I wanted. (replacing my old B&W college speakers) I decided I was going to listen and audition EVERY SPEAKER I could get ahold of that was "audiophile" grade within $1000-$15,000. Im a pilot and can fly for free so it is easy to listen to and audtion speakers all over. I figured I'd spend $5-7k on a whole system (WRONG!!) including the speakers and amps but I wanted stuff I could live with for years to come.
I started with Wilson Sophia's, Mordaunt Shorts, you name it, over 6 months I listened to it. These are all great speakers but there is a price point and point of no return when you spend $10k on a speaker alone are you really getting a acceptable return for your dollar spent? I wanted a balanced system meaning I wanted to spend $5000 on a 5.1 speaker system with clean, kick-ass, melt your ears , but yet delicate front channel sound for 2-channel audio listening. This was going to be a challenge. A salesman in Dallas suggested I listen to a pair of Dynaudios....Never heard of them wasnt impressed by the looks and I thought...oh boy here we go again, another "no name speaker comany from somewhere". but boy was I wrong.....when I listened to a pair of focus 220's I thought yeah....these sound good...but...... still wasnt convinced for $3000/pair.

I left more confused than ever...feeling dejected I thought am I too picky...am I crazy, all these speakers are good....but I will NEVER get the quality I want for the money I want to spend....What should I do? I decided to go and listen again to a pair of Contour 1.4's coupled with a JL Audio Fathom sub....wow! This was in Tulsa, OK. This dealer was amazing...so patient and helpful I feel guilty for NOT buying a new pair from him. This is the sound I was looking for! but the price was so high.
I decided to look at the used Dynaudio market thinking they must sound "nearly" as good as the new ones. I was right, and bought a set of Contour 1.3 Mk3's...sight unseen! This coupled with my old Velodyne sub it sounded great.....should have stopped there but wanted more bass and fuller range and depth. I like a live deep soundstage and a speaker that is true to the music. I wanted the new Contour 3.4 but $5000 was out of the question for two speakers . So I paitently lurked on audio websites and finally found a pair of used Contour 3.3's (a $7000) speaker for less than 1/2 that and viola. I bought the new Focus center speaker from a Dynaudio dealer ( because they deserve a sale too and are an EXCELLENT source of info and support.) and I cant be happier. I love movies as much as 2-channel audio. I love to feel the notes penetrate my bones...and wake me up. I am a Dynaudio convert. Im not a audio snob or pretend to know a lot about the hobby...Some of us are brand loyal....and snicker at others when we say what we like.....but it's a preference right. I just know what sounds good and Dynaudios are wonderful at what they do. But any Contour speaker or higher line and you WONT be dissapointed! I spent less than $5000 and got over $11000 worth of speakers @ audiogon. I tend to agree the Larger Dynaudio's like power..100watts or more. It takes a good amp to realize their true potential. Oh and by the way I called the headquaters and talked to a rep and he actually took the time to explain the differences between the old #.3's and Focus lines...and made some unsolicted advice on what he'd do if he were me. Thanks, try calling B&W.

For the sub..(we like movies right) I stumbled on a brand called REL, expensive but very good.....but the salesman pulled me aside and warned me of the recent quality problems (thanks Bill) they seemed to be having. Another Dynaudio dealer said the complete opposite, but at $3000-5000, i dont want problems with my gear or to chance it. I ended up researching and settled on the new SVS 13.5 sub coming out this summer. Im crossing my fingers and hoping its delicate yet powerful...I'll let you know when it gets here.

As for a power source...the Emotiva amp/processor line has been impressive. I was convinced I wanted Clase', Rotel, or Krell...but after looking at what I got for the money I am loving my new Emotiva. Customer support is outstanding.....they love the customer and I am impressed with thier customer service and quality.

For a CD...I bought a used Denon 3910 off Ebay and sent it to the upgrade company and had him do EVERYTHING he knew how to do to it. It was $1000 for the mod alone. I was skeptical and beating myself up thinking I just threw away money on a CD player I could have used elsewhere...but l was wrong. After the 100hr burn in period this cd player sounded AMAZING....and gets better everyday. I would reccomend this as a first step to anyone wanting to upgrade thier system....
I hope this helped ...but YOU CANT GO WRONG with this brand...I'm a convert in the quality.......workmanship and just plain ole' great sound of the Contour line.
will1066's Avatar will1066 08:25 AM 06-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post

I wouldnt say one is necessarily "better" than the other, but they have a different sound. The Special 25 is a little brighter than is typical for Dynaudio, and there is more bass, but the C1 is more accurate and more resolving in the bass region.

The same can be said when comparing the Focus 140s to the S1.4s. The Focus 140s have a little more bass, but the S1.4 are more accurate and able to resolve the low-level detail to a better degree. Its all about quality and not quantity.

Once you are getting into the pricing of the C1 and the Special 25, I would spend the extra "couple of bucks" and go for the C1s. Plus you have the whole Confidence line which including a center channel which will perfectly match the C1.


I have had the Special 25 for almost a half-year but am just wondering about the C1 and whether I should seriously think about it if I see a deal. I definitely don't have buyer's remorse with the Special 25. I feel like they're sounding better each day. I love the bass output and they've become holographic over time. I can only wonder how transparent the C1 is.
ttowntony's Avatar ttowntony 08:39 AM 06-14-2007
Quote:


I love the bass output and they've become holographic over time. I can only wonder how transparent the C1 is.

The C1 is the absolute best 2-way monitor I have ever heard at ANY price range. The detail and warmth of this speaker is just fabulous. The C1 is NOT bass shabby and I totallly agree how AA decsribed the bass differences between the Special 25 and C1.

As much as I like the C1's with the Musical Fidelity A5 integrated, I cannot wait to hear it on the SimAudio's I have coming.
dbelon's Avatar dbelon 11:33 AM 06-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neoguri View Post

Hi everyone. I managed to snag another set of Dynaudio 42's so now I have the fronts and the rears. All that's left is the center channel which I will be getting soon.

The question I have is for the amp/receiver. I really don't have much money left for the receiver. Currently I am using my Marantz SR4500 which does have preouts. I was either considering get a used 5 channel amp and using the Marantz as a pre/pro, or purchase something like the Onkyo 605, Yamaha 661, Pioneer 1016, Panasonic XR57 etc.

Can I please get some recommendations as to what the best thing to do for me is. I would like it to keep it under $500 if possible. TIA.

The Onkyo 605 is a nice AVR especially for the street price of 400. HDMI 1.3 ready make it ideal for the new HD DVD players. Not sure if it has pre-outs though. Since the Dyns are 4 ohm speakers the 605 should provide ample power.

Dennis
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 01:43 PM 06-14-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by will1066 View Post

I have had the Special 25 for almost a half-year but am just wondering about the C1 and whether I should seriously think about it if I see a deal. I definitely don't have buyer's remorse with the Special 25. I feel like they're sounding better each day. I love the bass output and they've become holographic over time. I can only wonder how transparent the C1 is.

They are both incredible, just different. The Special 25 is a little bit different take on the typical Dynaudio sound. To my ear the C1s are a better speaker than the Special 25. The C1s are about as good as it gets for a bookshelf.

HOWEVER, you would definately want to hear the C1s first to make sure they are a step in the right direction for you. A good audition is always a must in order to get what you really want.
Ariduby's Avatar Ariduby 10:46 PM 06-14-2007
So, based on your advice I set out to audition the 140's. I figured I may as well check out some other bookshelfs as well. Listened to Focal's and Revel's as well as the 140's and, I have to say, hands down, the Dynaudio just blew me away. I switched back and forth between the 140's and 220's and found the 140's sounded purer and more neutral whereas the 220's had a little more of a wow factor as they seemed a bit more dynamic and fuller with a wider dispersal. With regard to the center channel, it was suggested to me by a sound professional (he provides audio for concerts, fairs, trade shows, etc.) that I could just use the bottom speaker that comes with my plasma as a center channel. Basically just turn up the TV volume a little bit to help augment the phantom center from the fronts. Does this seem reasonable? I also read the threads on the use of a sub with the Dyn's. I mentioned to the dealer that many recommended using a sub and he still disagreed feeling they were very hard to integrate. On the other hand, the sound guy was insistent that you need a sub (something about the human ear hearing 8 octaves 3 of which generate from the sub) and how he has his sub facing the wall to increase its response and how the key is all in the wiring to achieve proper integration.

Right now, all I know for sure is that I will be getting Dynaudio speakers, just not sure which ones yet (I also need to wait for the wife to finalize the design of the living room so I can figure out placement - which might effect my chioce.) FYI, the dealer said that come July 1 the price of the Simaudio i5 will be going up $400.
AudioArchitect's Avatar AudioArchitect 02:56 AM 06-15-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post

Right now, all I know for sure is that I will be getting Dynaudio speakers, just not sure which ones yet (I also need to wait for the wife to finalize the design of the living room so I can figure out placement - which might effect my chioce.) FYI, the dealer said that come July 1 the price of the Simaudio i5 will be going up $400.

All of Simaudio's prices are increasing across the board come July 1st, so if you have decided on the i5.3 already, its probably best to place your order before the end of the month.

The combination of Dynaudio and Simaudio is dynamite, so you are going to love whichever Dynaudios you end up with.
ZeroEight's Avatar ZeroEight 04:06 AM 06-15-2007
With the strength of the Canadian Dollar, those Simaudio units will get even more expensive. Any recommendations for Dynaudio floorstanders in the same price range as Focal 1027be's. I want to do a comparo before deciding on the speakers for me.
tcfish19's Avatar tcfish19 07:09 AM 06-15-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post

So, based on your advice I set out to audition the 140's. I figured I may as well check out some other bookshelfs as well. Listened to Focal's and Revel's as well as the 140's and, I have to say, hands down, the Dynaudio just blew me away. I switched back and forth between the 140's and 220's and found the 140's sounded purer and more neutral whereas the 220's had a little more of a wow factor as they seemed a bit more dynamic and fuller with a wider dispersal. With regard to the center channel, it was suggested to me by a sound professional (he provides audio for concerts, fairs, trade shows, etc.) that I could just use the bottom speaker that comes with my plasma as a center channel. Basically just turn up the TV volume a little bit to help augment the phantom center from the fronts. Does this seem reasonable? I also read the threads on the use of a sub with the Dyn's. I mentioned to the dealer that many recommended using a sub and he still disagreed feeling they were very hard to integrate. On the other hand, the sound guy was insistent that you need a sub (something about the human ear hearing 8 octaves 3 of which generate from the sub) and how he has his sub facing the wall to increase its response and how the key is all in the wiring to achieve proper integration.

Right now, all I know for sure is that I will be getting Dynaudio speakers, just not sure which ones yet (I also need to wait for the wife to finalize the design of the living room so I can figure out placement - which might effect my chioce.) FYI, the dealer said that come July 1 the price of the Simaudio i5 will be going up $400.

Not sure what Plasma you have but I know on mine that i'd get a sync problem if I tried that with the center channel, assuming you split the audio from the source to go direct to the receiver. You can solve the sync problem with a reciever that allows you to delay the audio signal, not easy to get perfect, or option #2 run the sound to the Panel then out to the receiver. Panel to receiver is easy but on most Panels you only can get 2 channel out. If you use HDMI cables, due to DRM, you'll only get 2 channel out. If you're just running two other front speakers you won't care but if you're running a full surround system you won't get the full signal and have to resort to using the effect programs that are possibly built into the receiver.
Bill Mac's Avatar Bill Mac 08:58 AM 06-15-2007
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ariduby View Post

With regard to the center channel, it was suggested to me by a sound professional (he provides audio for concerts, fairs, trade shows, etc.) that I could just use the bottom speaker that comes with my plasma as a center channel. Basically just turn up the TV volume a little bit to help augment the phantom center from the fronts. Does this seem reasonable?

To use the Plasma speaker for a center speaker would not yield the best SQ IMO. Doing it as described you would have to deal with two separate volume levels, the TV's and your main HT systems.

Plus the fact of having center output from speakers that will be far inferior to the Dynaudio's as well. Also you would get full range out of your TV's speakers as well as R&L/phantom from the Dynaudio's. I think it would not sound very good at all IMO. Get the 200C if you do go with the 140s/220s you will not be disappointed.

Bill
Ariduby's Avatar Ariduby 09:27 AM 06-15-2007
For the immediate future my plan is to go with a left/right front set up but I will raise the synch issue. (Info like that is why I love forums.) We only spoke briefly but he's working in my neighborhood and I think I will be inviting him over shortly and letting him check out my layout and make some suggestions. It's also possible he may be able to help me out with regard to cables, wiring and installation and might make it possible for me to afford the jump to a 5.1 system.

Zero eight: I listened for 3 focals a couple of days ago but they were all bookshelfs as I wanted something to compare the 140's to. They were the Chorus 700, 800 and there high-end model (I don't remember the model number but they were $2,200 a pair. In fact, he broke those out after I told him I had been auditioning Dynaudio's.) To me the sound was very different from the Dynaudio's. Ironically, I much preferred the SQ of the Chorus 800V to the speaker that was twice the price. I had heard some great things about Focal and left almost disappointed. They are just not my cup of tea but your ears may disagree.
Tags: Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems
First ... 29  30  31 32  33  ... Last

Up
Mobile  Desktop