Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

post #22861 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 42
callas01: I am tempted to go for a pair of Focus 160 and just keep my Dynaudio C2s till they die, or upgrade them if at all possible as it would be easy to do, depending on cost of drivers etc.. I might pick up a pair of DM 7s as they been getting rave reviews and switch between them for rears with the pair of Contour SRs I have which for a small speaker produces some pretty nice sound. Just like having a monitor around as they are easier to switch out. I have to admit though the 1.7 Maggies I am using are pretty darn impressive for a speaker at their price point. Not nearing as refined as the C2s but they put up a very impressive overall image and the soundstage is huge.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #22862 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member

RaceTripper: Just curious on what version of Esotar you have in your Contour S3.4s? I was tempted to buy a pair of Dynaudio Esotar T330D version and slap them in a pair of S1.4s and make my own special speaker but not sure if that will fly as I am sure crossover and matching might set things way off.. Just curious what your thoughts were so far on the upgraded tweeters and how were you able to get a pair of Esotar2.
post #22863 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
RaceTripper: Just curious on what version of Esotar you have in your Contour S3.4s? I was tempted to buy a pair of Dynaudio Esotar T330D version and slap them in a pair of S1.4s and make my own special speaker but not sure if that will fly as I am sure crossover and matching might set things way off.. Just curious what your thoughts were so far on the upgraded tweeters and how were you able to get a pair of Esotar2.
I got a set of E110 from the Automotive line. That is what Mick from Dynaudio (Dynlunatic) and my dealer recommended to do. The S3.4 crossover is compatible and needs no changes.
http://www.dynaudio.com/int/car_hifi/110.php

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328

Last edited by RaceTripper; Yesterday at 10:30 AM.
post #22864 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member

RaceTripper: Thanks, interesting. I built a kit years ago using the Dynaudio drivers from Madisound and had a chance to compare my Dynaudio Confidence 2.8s and 3.3s the 2.8s at the time I believed used the Esotar T330D tweeter but there was no comparison as the full stock Dynaudio speaker sounded much better, cabinets were different and so were the crossovers.
post #22865 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
RaceTripper: Thanks, interesting. I built a kit years ago using the Dynaudio drivers from Madisound and had a chance to compare my Dynaudio Confidence 2.8s and 3.3s the 2.8s at the time I believed used the Esotar T330D tweeter but there was no comparison as the full stock Dynaudio speaker sounded much better, cabinets were different and so were the crossovers.
I was told the E110s are essentially the same as those used in the S5.4 and Confidence line, although there have been improvements to the coatings (and other changes?) with the more recent Confidence revisions (Signature, Mk II and Platinum).

I went by my dealer the other day. The C2 Platinum are $18K.

post #22866 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member

RaceTripper: Well they sure went up in price, hence my reluctance to upgrade them. Although I would love to go through Tyler as I am sure he could turn around and sell mine quickly.. I did add to my Dynaudio line up as I heard a pair of DM 2/7s and fell in love with them, just picked a pair up at a good rate on Audiogon. Now I will get a chance to compare them with some other monitors I have. Still interested in a Monitors by Dynaudio or upgrading my C2 as I am torn, I just don't think the refinements are worth the huge sums of cash I will be giving up, more of a cautious buyer these days.

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 12:12 PM.
post #22867 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
RaceTripper: Well they sure went up in price, hence my reluctance to upgrade them. Although I would love to go through Tyler as I am sure he could turn around and sell mine quickly.. I did add to my Dynaudio line up as I heard a pair of DM 2/7s and fell in love with them, just picked a pair up at a good rate on Audiogon. Now I will get a chance to compare them with some other monitors I have. Still interested in a Monitors by Dynaudio or upgrading my C2 as I am torn, I just don't think the refinements are worth the huge sums of cash I will be giving up, more of a cautious buyer these days.
I still have my Audience series speakers (72, 122C, 62 + Sub500) in my HT system, and a pair of Audience 52SE mounted on the wall in my office. Those 52SE still sound great. When I updated my Contours with the E2 tweeters, I put the Esotecs that came out into my Audience 72.

Just remembered, one other thing I had to buy this year was a new AVR. My Arcam AVR300 bit the dust (digital board failed) so I replaced that with a NAD 758, which is a great kit for the price and drives my Audience speakers just fine.

post #22868 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
So...the rumors are true; I have new speakers.

Oh wait...you're probably more interested in these. For the record...MkII, not SE. Oh the irony.

Hey CD

Welcome to the Dyn thread, dangerous place to be though, just when you think your 1.3MKIIs are the cats meow you’ll be tempted to try out all their other models.

In the mean time let us know what you think of your Dyns.

Oh wait…..haven’t you been here before?

Robert
Toronto, Ontario

https://myspace.com/151752802/videos

post #22869 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
hey cd

welcome to the dyn thread, dangerous place to be though, just when you think your 1.3mkiis are the cats meow you’ll be tempted to try out all their other models.

In the mean time let us know what you think of your dyns.

Oh wait…..haven’t you been here before?

post #22870 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hey Guys,

How have you been? The 340s sure have grown on me over the past couple of months. I think I got past the fact that I went from C1s to 340s. They have just turned out to be great for a 50 50 rig.

I moved out the couch for two recliners. Can't sit as centered as I could with the couch. Need to start thinking about the center soon. I know the Focus center is the match. Question is how dreadful do you think an SCX would be with the 340s?

I get the differences but am thinking about sports (football coming yeah) etc. Not too much coming from left right. May not be a mess? I still miss my Confidence Center.

I owned the original Focus center at one time and it was nice. But I sure am a center whore. I miss a really good one.

SCX with 340s? Huge mistake? Maybe it will force an upgrade to left right someday

The 340s have turned out to be a really nice speaker for sure.

Hope you all are well.

Rick

post #22871 of 22871 Old Yesterday, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Rick:

I have the SCX and love it, but it works well with the C2s as it uses same tweeter, the SCX might over power your Focus 340's but if your going to upgrade then you might as well start big! The SCX might not be bad, as it uses one tweeter configuration instead of two like your Confidence, you can't go wrong with either but right now the Focus would be the best match. The Confidence Center was way too much for my room hence I went with the SCX.. Which has worked out well as it mates well with the C2s and S5.4s.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page