Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 763 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 86Likes
Reply
 
Thread Tools
post #22861 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 07:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
callas01: I am tempted to go for a pair of Focus 160 and just keep my Dynaudio C2s till they die, or upgrade them if at all possible as it would be easy to do, depending on cost of drivers etc.. I might pick up a pair of DM 7s as they been getting rave reviews and switch between them for rears with the pair of Contour SRs I have which for a small speaker produces some pretty nice sound. Just like having a monitor around as they are easier to switch out. I have to admit though the 1.7 Maggies I am using are pretty darn impressive for a speaker at their price point. Not nearing as refined as the C2s but they put up a very impressive overall image and the soundstage is huge.
Garman is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #22862 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 10:12 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
RaceTripper: Just curious on what version of Esotar you have in your Contour S3.4s? I was tempted to buy a pair of Dynaudio Esotar T330D version and slap them in a pair of S1.4s and make my own special speaker but not sure if that will fly as I am sure crossover and matching might set things way off.. Just curious what your thoughts were so far on the upgraded tweeters and how were you able to get a pair of Esotar2.
Garman is offline  
post #22863 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
RaceTripper: Just curious on what version of Esotar you have in your Contour S3.4s? I was tempted to buy a pair of Dynaudio Esotar T330D version and slap them in a pair of S1.4s and make my own special speaker but not sure if that will fly as I am sure crossover and matching might set things way off.. Just curious what your thoughts were so far on the upgraded tweeters and how were you able to get a pair of Esotar2.
I got a set of E110 from the Automotive line. That is what Mick from Dynaudio (Dynlunatic) and my dealer recommended to do. The S3.4 crossover is compatible and needs no changes.
http://www.dynaudio.com/int/car_hifi/110.php

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328

Last edited by RaceTripper; 07-28-2014 at 10:30 AM.
RaceTripper is online now  
post #22864 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 11:44 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
RaceTripper: Thanks, interesting. I built a kit years ago using the Dynaudio drivers from Madisound and had a chance to compare my Dynaudio Confidence 2.8s and 3.3s the 2.8s at the time I believed used the Esotar T330D tweeter but there was no comparison as the full stock Dynaudio speaker sounded much better, cabinets were different and so were the crossovers.
Garman is offline  
post #22865 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 11:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
RaceTripper: Thanks, interesting. I built a kit years ago using the Dynaudio drivers from Madisound and had a chance to compare my Dynaudio Confidence 2.8s and 3.3s the 2.8s at the time I believed used the Esotar T330D tweeter but there was no comparison as the full stock Dynaudio speaker sounded much better, cabinets were different and so were the crossovers.
I was told the E110s are essentially the same as those used in the S5.4 and Confidence line, although there have been improvements to the coatings (and other changes?) with the more recent Confidence revisions (Signature, Mk II and Platinum).

I went by my dealer the other day. The C2 Platinum are $18K.

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
RaceTripper is online now  
post #22866 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 12:09 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
RaceTripper: Well they sure went up in price, hence my reluctance to upgrade them. Although I would love to go through Tyler as I am sure he could turn around and sell mine quickly.. I did add to my Dynaudio line up as I heard a pair of DM 2/7s and fell in love with them, just picked a pair up at a good rate on Audiogon. Now I will get a chance to compare them with some other monitors I have. Still interested in a Monitors by Dynaudio or upgrading my C2 as I am torn, I just don't think the refinements are worth the huge sums of cash I will be giving up, more of a cautious buyer these days.

Last edited by Garman; 07-28-2014 at 12:12 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #22867 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 04:33 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
RaceTripper: Well they sure went up in price, hence my reluctance to upgrade them. Although I would love to go through Tyler as I am sure he could turn around and sell mine quickly.. I did add to my Dynaudio line up as I heard a pair of DM 2/7s and fell in love with them, just picked a pair up at a good rate on Audiogon. Now I will get a chance to compare them with some other monitors I have. Still interested in a Monitors by Dynaudio or upgrading my C2 as I am torn, I just don't think the refinements are worth the huge sums of cash I will be giving up, more of a cautious buyer these days.
I still have my Audience series speakers (72, 122C, 62 + Sub500) in my HT system, and a pair of Audience 52SE mounted on the wall in my office. Those 52SE still sound great. When I updated my Contours with the E2 tweeters, I put the Esotecs that came out into my Audience 72.

Just remembered, one other thing I had to buy this year was a new AVR. My Arcam AVR300 bit the dust (digital board failed) so I replaced that with a NAD 758, which is a great kit for the price and drives my Audience speakers just fine.

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
RaceTripper is online now  
post #22868 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 04:34 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rob80b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
So...the rumors are true; I have new speakers.



Oh wait...you're probably more interested in these. For the record...MkII, not SE. Oh the irony.

Hey CD

Welcome to the Dyn thread, dangerous place to be though, just when you think your 1.3MKIIs are the cats meow you’ll be tempted to try out all their other models.

In the mean time let us know what you think of your Dyns.

Oh wait…..haven’t you been here before?

Robert
Toronto, Ontario

 

https://myspace.com/151752802/videos

rob80b is online now  
post #22869 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 04:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
RaceTripper's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: St. Louis
Posts: 3,905
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 32 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
hey cd

welcome to the dyn thread, dangerous place to be though, just when you think your 1.3mkiis are the cats meow you’ll be tempted to try out all their other models.

In the mean time let us know what you think of your dyns.

Oh wait…..haven’t you been here before?

Clearaudio Ovation/Magnify/Concerto v2; Herron Audio VTPH-2
Naim Audio ND5XS/NAC282/HC/NAP250-2; Dynaudio S3.4e2; REL R-328
RaceTripper is online now  
post #22870 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 08:36 PM
Advanced Member
 
Mr.SoftDome's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: San Jose, CA
Posts: 601
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 26
Hey Guys,

How have you been? The 340s sure have grown on me over the past couple of months. I think I got past the fact that I went from C1s to 340s. They have just turned out to be great for a 50 50 rig.

I moved out the couch for two recliners. Can't sit as centered as I could with the couch. Need to start thinking about the center soon. I know the Focus center is the match. Question is how dreadful do you think an SCX would be with the 340s?

I get the differences but am thinking about sports (football coming yeah) etc. Not too much coming from left right. May not be a mess? I still miss my Confidence Center.

I owned the original Focus center at one time and it was nice. But I sure am a center whore. I miss a really good one.

SCX with 340s? Huge mistake? Maybe it will force an upgrade to left right someday

The 340s have turned out to be a really nice speaker for sure.

Hope you all are well.

Rick

Mr.SoftDome is offline  
post #22871 of 22885 Old 07-28-2014, 09:45 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Rick:

I have the SCX and love it, but it works well with the C2s as it uses same tweeter, the SCX might over power your Focus 340's but if your going to upgrade then you might as well start big! The SCX might not be bad, as it uses one tweeter configuration instead of two like your Confidence, you can't go wrong with either but right now the Focus would be the best match. The Confidence Center was way too much for my room hence I went with the SCX.. Which has worked out well as it mates well with the C2s and S5.4s.
Garman is offline  
post #22872 of 22885 Old 07-29-2014, 09:55 AM
AVS Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,565
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Rick:

The 340s and 210C are voice matched where the SCX may not be, but the SCX probably won't sound terrible. I really don't think the SCX will overpower the 340s like garman said, the 340s as you know have some good output from those 7" woofers. I did have the older 200C in my house next to my X16s and X22 for a week to use because my buddy bought the 200C but the guy wouldn't ship it to him, and now I have the 210C, I like the 210C more then the 200C, the 200C sounded like the X22 only with more bass, the 210C offers better clarity with good dynamics.
callas01 is online now  
post #22873 of 22885 Old 07-29-2014, 09:58 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rob80b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
Hey CD

Welcome to the Dyn thread, dangerous place to be though, just when you think your 1.3MKIIs are the cats meow you’ll be tempted to try out all their other models.

In the mean time let us know what you think of your Dyns.

Oh wait…..haven’t you been here before?
Joking aside, the 1.3MKIIs are a classic Dyn and reproduce music in a very palpable fashion, maybe not the latest in driver technology (which has IMHO been more evolutionary and not revolutionary) since its inception dates from 1998.



Overall though a fairly balanced speaker and a bit more tolerant of downstream components compared to the current offerings and appreciate a hefty amp to really shine, for some maybe a tad laid-back, hence the Special 25s.

Here’s an older shot from a preliminary set-up after I forfeited the house to my ex,



of course one thing leads to another.

After picking up the 25s sort of feel everything else was added to augment the "1.3MKIIs" as I just couldn’t part with them so........ the logical route was to get into a bit of HT and use them as surrounds, even ordered all new drivers a few years ago from Mick at Dynaudio so that they’d be more or less just like new. : )




Robert
Toronto, Ontario

 

https://myspace.com/151752802/videos

rob80b is online now  
post #22874 of 22885 Old 07-29-2014, 11:54 AM
Senior Member
 
wgerman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 258
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
The 1.3s got me hooked on Dynaudio. The amount of tight bass was amazing from such a small box.
wgerman is offline  
post #22875 of 22885 Old 07-29-2014, 12:20 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Rick:

The 340s and 210C are voice matched where the SCX may not be, but the SCX probably won't sound terrible. I really don't think the SCX will overpower the 340s like garman said, the 340s as you know have some good output from those 7" woofers. I did have the older 200C in my house next to my X16s and X22 for a week to use because my buddy bought the 200C but the guy wouldn't ship it to him, and now I have the 210C, I like the 210C more then the 200C, the 200C sounded like the X22 only with more bass, the 210C offers better clarity with good dynamics.
There is a difference when one says "Might" and not they will... LOL I never said they will over power, I said they might. When I had the Contour S3.4 I had to recalibrate my room EQ as the SCX was over powering my main speakers when I first setup my Dynaudio HT system, I went from the S3.4s then S5.4s then onto the Confidence C2s, as you stated the 210C is voiced matched which is your best bet, just like when Dynaudio said the SCX would work much better with the S5.4s and C1/C2s.
Garman is offline  
post #22876 of 22885 Old 07-29-2014, 12:26 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Aaron (Borderdog): This isn't Dynaudio related but a friend of mine heard these at the show in California and said they were pretty amazing. Listen to what he has to say about his speaker and room acoustics at about 3:16 into it, just curious on what you thoughts are? Its ironic as most of these shows are usually done at places that have horrible room acoustics, Vegas etc...... Well I did put up a older picture of a pair of C4 and Contours together to make it some what Dynaudio related! I had these in our temp house before moving and decided at the time Rosewood was my color! Now it's Mocca!

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fun!.jpg (117.7 KB, 14 views)
Bluvette likes this.

Last edited by Garman; 07-29-2014 at 02:29 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #22877 of 22885 Old Yesterday, 08:27 AM
Senior Member
 
Borderdog's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: On the Chesapeake Bay, Virginia
Posts: 381
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Aaron (Borderdog): This isn't Dynaudio related but a friend of mine heard these at the show in California and said they were pretty amazing. Listen to what he has to say about his speaker and room acoustics at about 3:16 into it, just curious on what you thoughts are? Its ironic as most of these shows are usually done at places that have horrible room acoustics, Vegas etc...... Well I did put up a older picture of a pair of C4 and Contours together to make it some what Dynaudio related! I had these in our temp house before moving and decided at the time Rosewood was my color! Now it's Mocca!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvmNDKYrRoY
Garman,

I just did the Capital Audio Fest, so I'm in recovery mode. I did't even log on to a computer for the past week. I do a static display of my furniture in the lobby, so I don't listen to many rooms.
I've gone to the RMAF every year since the beginning, so I've had the opportunity to listen to a number of open baffle speakers. Yes, they have a spaciousness to them, but I just never felt the sound was realistic.
With open baffle, the rear sound wave coming out of the driver is 180º out of phase with the front, so you have some cancellation. Yes, some of them sounded pretty good, but it's not a sound I would want to live with daily.
Just my thoughts.

Aaron
Borderdog is offline  
post #22878 of 22885 Old Yesterday, 09:07 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
Garman,

I just did the Capital Audio Fest, so I'm in recovery mode. I did't even log on to a computer for the past week. I do a static display of my furniture in the lobby, so I don't listen to many rooms.
I've gone to the RMAF every year since the beginning, so I've had the opportunity to listen to a number of open baffle speakers. Yes, they have a spaciousness to them, but I just never felt the sound was realistic.
With open baffle, the rear sound wave coming out of the driver is 180º out of phase with the front, so you have some cancellation. Yes, some of them sounded pretty good, but it's not a sound I would want to live with daily.
Just my thoughts.

Aaron
I am with you on that, the Emerald Physics are a open baffle design, and to me they sounded good initially but after listening to them after an hour they just didn't seem to cut it. I just picked up a pair of highly rated Dynaudio DM 2/7 speakers to try out, I think one of my last upgrades for a long time might be the newer C2s. Mine are in perfect shape, because I have kept them that way as I dust them off every week and use white gloves if I move them. lol To me the upgraded Warr. and upgraded finishes are swaying me, other than that, seems pretty logical if I can swap them out and it not costing me a ton. I might even upgrade the SCX as well, if funds allow it.
Garman is offline  
post #22879 of 22885 Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member
 
rob80b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Rick:

The 340s and 210C are voice matched where the SCX may not be, but the SCX probably won't sound terrible. I really don't think the SCX will overpower the 340s like garman said, the 340s as you know have some good output from those 7" woofers. I did have the older 200C in my house next to my X16s and X22 for a week to use because my buddy bought the 200C but the guy wouldn't ship it to him, and now I have the 210C, I like the 210C more then the 200C, the 200C sounded like the X22 only with more bass, the 210C offers better clarity with good dynamics.
I have to opposite concern, as I’d like to swap out the Esotec for an Esotar tweeter in my Contour Center to match the tonal characteristics of the 25’s.



Don’t notice the difference too much while watching films but running test tones the disparity is fairly obvious with the higher tones.
Missed out on a single unused Esotar for about $350 US, which I understand is an excellent price, the SCX would be ideal but the way business has been these last few years, financially not really an option at this point.

Mentioned this before but I’m not sure how many times that it I watched a film without realizing I was listening to just to the Contour Center as I forgot to power up the amp to run the mains, (the amps for the center and surrounds are on remote trigger so always come on when the processor is powered on), which says a lot about the Dyn center’s capabilities, or my ears.

Robert
Toronto, Ontario

 

https://myspace.com/151752802/videos

rob80b is online now  
post #22880 of 22885 Old Yesterday, 02:51 PM
Advanced Member
 
Bluvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orland Park (South Side Chicago), Illinois
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Aaron (Borderdog): This isn't Dynaudio related but a friend of mine heard these at the show in California and said they were pretty amazing. Listen to what he has to say about his speaker and room acoustics at about 3:16 into it, just curious on what you thoughts are? Its ironic as most of these shows are usually done at places that have horrible room acoustics, Vegas etc...... Well I did put up a older picture of a pair of C4 and Contours together to make it some what Dynaudio related! I had these in our temp house before moving and decided at the time Rosewood was my color! Now it's Mocca!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CvmNDKYrRoY
Agreed! I gave them a listen at AXPONA, very impressed. Back to Dynaudio now
Bluvette is offline  
post #22881 of 22885 Old Yesterday, 05:35 PM
AVS Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,565
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by rob80b View Post
I have to opposite concern, as I’d like to swap out the Esotec for an Esotar tweeter in my Contour Center to match the tonal characteristics of the 25’s.



Don’t notice the difference too much while watching films but running test tones the disparity is fairly obvious with the higher tones.
Missed out on a single unused Esotar for about $350 US, which I understand is an excellent price, the SCX would be ideal but the way business has been these last few years, financially not really an option at this point.

Mentioned this before but I’m not sure how many times that it I watched a film without realizing I was listening to just to the Contour Center as I forgot to power up the amp to run the mains, (the amps for the center and surrounds are on remote trigger so always come r
Won when the processor is powered on), which says a lot about the Dyn center’s capabilities, or my ears.
Well it's gonna be more then just the tweeter, the crossover helps to voice the speakers also. Dialog and action sequences that pan left to right thru the center channel will show the tonal mismatch like pink noise also. Think about James Bond Quantum if Solace, the opening car sequence has a lot of L/C/R panning with the car chase. Of course a good calibration program like Audyssey or ARC can help but even those aren't perfect.

Because my naim amp is also my ht power amp, I do at times forget to to switch from the cd input to av input and even the X22 would sound good enough I'd forget the inputs weren't switched. The 210C provides even better punch so it's even harder to tell when I forget to switch back to AV input.
callas01 is online now  
post #22882 of 22885 Old Yesterday, 09:07 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Agreed! I gave them a listen at AXPONA, very impressed. Back to Dynaudio now
Yeah, I mentioned Dynaudio in my post... LOL So you were impressed that much you went out an bought a pair!

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 09:11 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #22883 of 22885 Old Today, 03:02 AM
Advanced Member
 
Bluvette's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Orland Park (South Side Chicago), Illinois
Posts: 949
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Yeah, I mentioned Dynaudio in my post... LOL So you were impressed that much you went out an bought a pair!
Nope, but if I had a place for them I might have. I saw them later on the Gon being sold as the demo at a nice price. I am very happy with my Dyn's C4's sigs.
Bluvette is offline  
post #22884 of 22885 Old Today, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 4,665
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 90 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Nope, but if I had a place for them I might have. I saw them later on the Gon being sold as the demo at a nice price. I am very happy with my Dyn's C4's sigs.
I was very happy with the sound of my C4 MK II when I had them but they were too over powering for my main HT room and wife wouldn't let me keep the C4 upstairs and C2 downstairs.....
Garman is offline  
post #22885 of 22885 Old Today, 10:36 AM
AVS Special Member
 
rob80b's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Toronto, Ontario
Posts: 1,517
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Well it's gonna be more then just the tweeter, the crossover helps to voice the speakers also. ...................................
The crossover could be problematic but as Dynaudio did incorporate a 3 way switch for the crossover which slightly alters the overall frequency response to accommodate for placement above, centered or below the monitor it might be in the ball park with one of them. All the same I’ll need to contact service to know the details, and then there’s the overall sensitivity and impedance, maybe I should put the 1.3MKIIs up front and use the 25s as the surrounds. lol

Robert
Toronto, Ontario

 

https://myspace.com/151752802/videos

rob80b is online now  
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off