Advertisement

post #22982 of 23001 Old 08-17-2014, 05:00 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 43
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Jax: beautiful clean photos. Camera model/lens used? (Before I pull EXIF data!)
Thanks GT!

Fuji X-E2. Lens is the fuji xf 35mm. All fuji, all the time.

Here's a shot of my primaluna preamp at night.

My flickr page: https://www.flickr.com/photos/jaxwired/
tr4a likes this.

Why can't we list equipment in our signature? How odd...

Last edited by jaxwired; 08-17-2014 at 05:07 PM.
post #22983 of 23001 Old 08-17-2014, 06:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 47
jaxwired: Some how I would have guessed it was a 35mm lens as a good one gives good close up detail and leaves the background out of focus to give it a good looking pro shot. That Fuji model is a good one, I use Nikon DSLR and a couple of Mirror-less Olympus cameras. Hey there is no Dynaudio speakers in that last shot! LOL
post #22984 of 23001 Old Yesterday, 06:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Pic 1: Red
Pic 2: Blond
+1

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #22985 of 23001 Old Yesterday, 07:01 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Thanks for posting that. I guess it't no coincidence that I liked Volvo audio systems esp. in the early 2000s. I've also been a fan of BMW's HK audio.
That's the point that piqued my interest. How much of an OEM vendor Dynaudio had become. Its been said the same of Bose, that its OEM business is over 1/3 to almost half of revenues coming in. Their is gold in OEM branded systems.

I also see why Dynaudio drivers look identical to Morel drivers. Same DNA.
post #22986 of 23001 Old Yesterday, 09:04 AM
AVS Special Member

got a sweet little birthday gift today via the wife.... she's the best!! Love her so much!!

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-60917-m...interface.aspx

and also the corresponding cables to go with it. this will allow me to use the current dac for up to 24/192 files.

post #22987 of 23001 Old Yesterday, 06:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 33
This may have been posted earlier this summer but ComputerAudiophile.com interviewed Dynaudio's MikeM about the new Xeo4/6...
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/co...merican-debut/

Stereophile also recently published online its 2012 review of the Focus 160:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/d...60-loudspeaker
post #22988 of 23001 Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
This may have been posted earlier this summer but ComputerAudiophile.com interviewed Dynaudio's MikeM about the new Xeo4/6...
http://www.computeraudiophile.com/co...merican-debut/

Stereophile also recently published online its 2012 review of the Focus 160:
http://www.stereophile.com/content/d...60-loudspeaker
GTaudiophile: Thanks for the link, its nice to see Mike doing more stuff like this.. I think Dynaudio needs to advertise more and or do more stuff like this, although the guy asking him questions at times seems awkward. Regardless nice information, just curious on what speaker they would sound most like? I would think the Excite Series from the looks of them.
post #22989 of 23001 Old Today, 04:30 AM
Advanced Member

Yeah, the CA is a bit of a nerd like us...

And yeah Xeo has always been based on the Excite series.
post #22990 of 23001 Old Today, 07:55 AM

Quoted: 29 Post(s)
Liked: 43
My C1s in action...

Why can't we list equipment in our signature? How odd...

Last edited by jaxwired; Today at 08:06 AM.
post #22991 of 23001 Old Today, 09:11 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Question Can I replace Dynaudio focus 260 with focus 160 in my dedicated media room?

Need help....

I have a 7.1 media room setup equipped with Dynaudio focus 260 floor standers, dynaudio focus 210c center, Golden Ear forcefield 4 sub, Golden ear MTX surrounds and integra 40.4 receiver.

I am in the process or buying a pair of dedicated speakers for music listening. I love dynaudio focus 260 so far and would like to stay with Dynaudio for my music listening in family room as well.

So my question is can I replace dynaudio focus 260 in my media room with focus 160 and still get same output as my existing setup? since I have a dedicated sub would I lose anything by replacing 260 towers with 160 bookshelf for my media room? I don't want to compromise anything as I love listening to music as well as watching movies in my current setup.

But I thought since I listen to music always in stereo mode and since subs are involved, are towers really necessary in my media room ?

I had the towers in my family room before and I loved them for music listening and now they are in media room. That's how I bought towers. For me towers sound so much fuller than book shelf+sub.

But I am not sure in a media room which primary purpose for us is watching movies with occassional music, would tower help or can I simply replace them with bookshelf and still get similar sound quailty out of the system?

Your response are really appreciated and this is my first post being Dynaudio owner for past 2 years.

Thank you in advance for your help.
post #22992 of 23001 Old Today, 11:37 AM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
jaxwired: Some how I would have guessed it was a 35mm lens as a good one gives good close up detail and leaves the background out of focus to give it a good looking pro shot. That Fuji model is a good one, I use Nikon DSLR and a couple of Mirror-less Olympus cameras. Hey there is no Dynaudio speakers in that last shot! LOL
Garman, maybe I'll have to take a shot of my rig with my Canon DSLR. It appears several of us have more things in common than just Dynaudio.
post #22993 of 23001 Old Today, 02:33 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
FYI, Dynaudio has recently (at Hong-Kong hi-fi show) presented a new serie of active speakers: the FOCUS XD.

This will be launched next week in Europe.
post #22994 of 23001 Old Today, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member

Nice find. But I am confused...they appear to be a non-wireless "Xeo" version of the Focus line? The 400XD and 200XD are clearly based off of the Focus 260 and 160, respectively with the following cosmetic updates:

-Bezel surrounding tweeter is not the same. New tweeter?
-Same feet as the New Excite speakers.
-Magnetic grills.
post #22995 of 23001 Old Today, 03:37 PM
Advanced Member

What Dynaudio appears to be doing with Xeo and now XD is basically allowing you to simply drop in a digital source, be it PC and/or DAC and outputting directly to the speaker. No need to buy an amp. I wonder how NAIM feels about this? Me thinks Dynaudio should brand its own DAC now
post #22996 of 23001 Old Today, 04:04 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Quote:
Originally Posted by jaxwired View Post
My C1s in action...

http://youtu.be/GWolcd2z7EU

Did you move? I thought you had a much larger room before. Looks great in either case. I heard a Primaluna integrated and really liked it!
post #22997 of 23001 Old Today, 06:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Nice find. But I am confused...they appear to be a non-wireless "Xeo" version of the Focus line? The 400XD and 200XD are clearly based off of the Focus 260 and 160, respectively with the following cosmetic updates:

-Bezel surrounding tweeter is not the same. New tweeter?
-Same feet as the New Excite speakers.
-Magnetic grills.
Maybe it is the new and improved Chinese version from the Hong Kong Factory where they clone everything! Is the XD for Extra (Xtra) Dynamic? Look very nice and I am sure they will sound equal as good.

sparks81: My sisters is the pro in the family I am a enthusiast, I shoot mostly Nikon as I had mostly lenses from them in the past, basically a toss up between those two brands when it comes to DSLRs. But lately I been trying mostly mirror less cameras like Fuji/Olympus/Sony with great results, currently shoot with the OMD Olympus and one of their Pen Cameras.

jaxwired: Just curious who is singing that first song in your video, it was hard to make out the singer? Also what system are you using for wireless transfer of your music? Are you using a Airport Express or a different wireless dac? Thanks!

drewTT: Just curious on how you like your KEF LS50s up close and personal, the system looks great as I am currently rewiring my whole computer system, but my office has a dual system with the back of my office serving as another listen area, I just swivel around if I want to critically listen. My MacPro and iMac are hooked up to a receiver using some Gallo speakers and a sub, ironically not used much as the Dynaudio out class them. I do have a pair of KEFs LS50 though but I would almost need a nearfield monitor because I sit too close, plus I don't have room because I am using 2 27" monitors. I love how clean and neat your system looks, mine always start out that way! LOL

Last edited by Garman; Today at 06:48 PM.
post #22998 of 23001 Old Today, 06:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praknetlg View Post
Need help....

I have a 7.1 media room setup equipped with Dynaudio focus 260 floor standers, dynaudio focus 210c center, Golden Ear forcefield 4 sub, Golden ear MTX surrounds and integra 40.4 receiver.

I am in the process or buying a pair of dedicated speakers for music listening. I love dynaudio focus 260 so far and would like to stay with Dynaudio for my music listening in family room as well.

So my question is can I replace dynaudio focus 260 in my media room with focus 160 and still get same output as my existing setup? since I have a dedicated sub would I lose anything by replacing 260 towers with 160 bookshelf for my media room? I don't want to compromise anything as I love listening to music as well as watching movies in my current setup.

But I thought since I listen to music always in stereo mode and since subs are involved, are towers really necessary in my media room ?

I had the towers in my family room before and I loved them for music listening and now they are in media room. That's how I bought towers. For me towers sound so much fuller than book shelf+sub.

But I am not sure in a media room which primary purpose for us is watching movies with occassional music, would tower help or can I simply replace them with bookshelf and still get similar sound quailty out of the system?

Your response are really appreciated and this is my first post being Dynaudio owner for past 2 years.

Both are great speakers as I am looking at a pair of 160, callas01 on here currently has the 260 and had the 160 so I am sure he can best answer your question. But if your using a Sub, I don't think you will loose anything in your media room if your doing most of your movie watching. I currently use a pair of C2's and my Media room is also my main listening room, so I just swap speakers out when I want a different flavor. The 160 are killer on music as I am sure the 260 are as well, but you can't go wrong in either direction.

Last edited by Garman; Today at 06:39 PM.
post #22999 of 23001 Old Today, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

PSA:

Pair of piano black 160s on AG right now...
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/mon...32-fairhope-al

(160s don't come around too often.)
post #23000 of 23001 Old Today, 08:29 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
PSA:

Pair of piano black 160s on AG right now...
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/mon...32-fairhope-al

(160s don't come around too often.)
Yup, those are the ones I am eyeing up, but he hasn't sent me pictures of the scratches on the bottom yet. If I buy some thing used, especially Dynaudio I like it too be in perfect condition!
post #23001 of 23001 Old Today, 09:51 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by praknetlg View Post
Need help....

Hello.

The 160s are pretty good with anything you throw at them whether music or movies. Now they can be overdriven much easier then the 260s can, but with them crossed over I never had an issue with them bottoming out. The only time that ever occurred was when I was playing music sans a sub and pretty loud, they only did it a couple times mostly with the same songs but it was something that made me want to get the 260s even more. With a sub, I never had that issue. My crossover was at 60 hz so not too high either. The 260s will have a little more output and allow you to play louder, but the 160s play pretty loud, and if you want to push them a little harder up the crossover to like 80 hz and Im sure you can let them go. -10 dbs on my integra with the 160s and a 60 hz crossover was pretty loud and very satisfying in my home with no issues. If that helps.

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page