post #23011 of 23018 Old Today, 07:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Well, in that case he should have had it proof-read as part of his procedure.
Am I in publishing? I mean, my organization publishes and I have had to work in editing, graphic design, and printing. But I am not in publishing. I do more along the lines of cross-cultural education and policy work, working mostly with German and American entities of all kinds.
Very cool! I am in medical sales and I find the internet lacks in social graces and punctuation! I am of course guilty of being too quick and not re-reading and or editing my posts. Smart Phones are turning us into social zombies!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23012 of 23018 Old Today, 07:31 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 117 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Very cool! I am in medical sales and I find the internet lacks in social graces and punctuation! I am of course guilty of being too quick and not re-reading and or editing my posts. Smart Phones are turning us into social zombies!
post #23013 of 23018 Old Today, 08:14 AM

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Both are great speakers as I am looking at a pair of 160, callas01 on here currently has the 260 and had the 160 so I am sure he can best answer your question. But if your using a Sub, I don't think you will loose anything in your media room if your doing most of your movie watching. I currently use a pair of C2's and my Media room is also my main listening room, so I just swap speakers out when I want a different flavor. The 160 are killer on music as I am sure the 260 are as well, but you can't go wrong in either direction.
Thanks for your prompt response Garman

I was only concerned I might not get the fuller sound with bookshelf+sub as compared to the regular towers. I somehow liked towers better even without the sub for music listening purpose. I auditioned them many times and I always feel towers produce so much fuller sound for music.

But I am willing to make compromise and just keep book shelf as I think most of the time I am not leveraging full capacity of towers due to have crossover with my sub in media room.

Very helpful.

Does anyone share same opinion here? Please share your thoughts...

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, Golden ear ForceField 4 sub, Golden Ear MTX surrounds, Oppo BDP-103,
Integra DTR-30.2, Sony 55es, SI PureWhite ZeroEdge screen
post #23014 of 23018 Old Today, 08:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
PSA:

Pair of piano black 160s on AG right now...
http://app.audiogon.com/listings/mon...32-fairhope-al

(160s don't come around too often.)
Thanks for sharing the link!

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, Golden ear ForceField 4 sub, Golden Ear MTX surrounds, Oppo BDP-103,
post #23015 of 23018 Old Today, 08:20 AM

Quoted: 31 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
jaxwired: Just curious who is singing that first song in your video, it was hard to make out the singer? Also what system are you using for wireless transfer of your music? Are you using a Airport Express or a different wireless dac? Thanks!
Artist on the first recording is Irene Diaz. Can find her music here: http://irenediazmusic.bigcartel.com/

All my music is on a tiny computer that sits on my audio rack next to my DAC. This tiny computer is running a low heat, low power mother board and contains a large solid state drive. The computer is fanless and entirely silent. I have no keyboard, mouse, or monitor attached. When I need to do something on the machine (rare), I remote into the machine from another computer in my home. The machine is connected to my home network via an Ethernet cable to the wall. The computer is running JRiver Media Center which plays all the music and is output via USB to my DAC. The songs I want to play are selected via an iPad app called JRemote. JRemote runs on the iPad and talks to my music server computer (which is running JRiver) via wifi on my home network. So the iPad is acting as a remote control for the JRiver which is running on the computer on my audio rack. Sounds much more complicated than it actually is.

I do use an Aiport Express for my nightstand headphone system.

Why can't we list equipment in our signature? How odd...
post #23016 of 23018 Old Today, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Yup, those are the ones I am eyeing up, but he hasn't sent me pictures of the scratches on the bottom yet. If I buy some thing used, especially Dynaudio I like it too be in perfect condition!
My dealer has a Mint demo pair of 160s in gloss white at a good price if you are interested.

post #23017 of 23018 Old Today, 08:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynero View Post
Hey Jax, this was really nicely done, exposure, composition, really top notch, worthy for inclusion in a Confidence catalog
Thank you. Really appreciate the feedback. It's another hobby of mine.

post #23018 of 23018 Old Today, 08:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Hello.

The 160s are pretty good with anything you throw at them whether music or movies. Now they can be overdriven much easier then the 260s can, but with them crossed over I never had an issue with them bottoming out. The only time that ever occurred was when I was playing music sans a sub and pretty loud, they only did it a couple times mostly with the same songs but it was something that made me want to get the 260s even more. With a sub, I never had that issue. My crossover was at 60 hz so not too high either. The 260s will have a little more output and allow you to play louder, but the 160s play pretty loud, and if you want to push them a little harder up the crossover to like 80 hz and Im sure you can let them go. -10 dbs on my integra with the 160s and a 60 hz crossover was pretty loud and very satisfying in my home with no issues. If that helps.
Thanks for your response. Very helpful. So I have almost decided to replace my 260s with 160 and keep 260 for my family room which is our listening room. So back to media room, with a sub and a cross over of 60hz am I really not using the tower capability here due to having a sub all these months? Is this like having tower with sub with such high cross over a waste of money? I wonder why would anyone keep a tower with sub. I see the point of having sub for movies. So question is why towers with sub for media room setup if intention is mostly movies in media room. And separate listening room for music.

Thanks folks for your insights...loving avsforum...

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page