132Likes

post #23191 of 23206 Old Yesterday, 12:06 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Please elaborate.

I'm blue-eyed blonde with big boobs.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this earlier.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23192 of 23206 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mille Ferrari View Post
Please elaborate.

I'm blue-eyed blonde with big boobs.

Sorry, I should have mentioned this earlier.
All you bleed is a source like a computer or CD player. There's a digital input and analog input plus a power amp built-in

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #23193 of 23206 Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 39 Post(s)
Liked: 35
Thanks for the new XD info and pics.

I just don't know how to feel about all of this convergence in my speakers. My (hour long) demo with the Xeo5 just left me feeling a little tepid. And even by launching the Xeo4 and 6 so soon with tweaks, I think Dynaudio realizes that their first attempt was not perfect. I had wireless transmission issues with the Xeo5, and as I have said before, it perhaps didn't play as loud and with as much authority as I would have liked.

So I think something like the Xeo4 is more or less safe as the expense is not that great but this XD stuff is a completely different price class. Are people who can afford these really looking for convenience? Are they really looking forward to not demoing amps, mixing, and matching? I don't think so. I think the people who can afford XD stuff are also hobbyists who want to tweak and add "high-end" separates to their equally high-end speakers. I mean, when I have guests I don't want to just show off my beautiful Dynaudio speakers, I want them to see my beautiful McIntosh amp as well. (I don't have a McIntosh; just giving an example.)

Besides, has anyone else notices that one finds quite a few Focus 110A models on the used market?

I think if I were Dynaudio, I would do a few things to my (home) product line. IMO they have too many lines and too much overlap. This is all creates confusion.

1) Eliminate the DM AND Sub series.
2) Refresh the Excite line with magnetic grilles and improved stands (done). Perhaps only offer X14, X24C, and X34 models. No 3-way model; upgrade to Focus necessary for this.
3) Refresh the Focus line (Series III) with certain design features of the New Excite line like the magnetic grills and stands but keep the two lines distinct from an audio perspective. Perhaps differentiate cabinet design with some Contour design aspects. Increase price. Perhaps only offer 160, 210C, and 340 or 380 model variants. Not both 340 and 380. No 260.
4) Eliminate Contour.
5) Refresh the Confidence line with magnetic grills, etc. Keep the C1, Center, and C2. No C4.
6) Eliminate Consequence.
7) Build one halo product around the $50-$100K price like Evidence Platinum. Just one model.
8) Experiment with a new line below the Excite series. Perhaps the only model line built elsewhere...like China. Leverage the Dynaudio brand but attempt to keep margins high with lower cost to build. Model is designed to attract buyers into upgraded models. Here is where you experiment with built-in amps and wireless features where buyers are looking for quality but have thinner budgets.
9) Continue to release SE speakers that mix and match technologies with rare finishes.

Last edited by GTaudiophile; Yesterday at 08:28 PM.
post #23194 of 23206 Old Yesterday, 08:51 PM

Quoted: 15 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hey guys... if you know anywhere or anyone who is selling a pair of gently used Dynaudio C4 Signature for a great price please send me a pm? BTW what is considered a good price on pair of used one these days? They came out last year right? I live in Arizona. Thanks!
post #23195 of 23206 Old Yesterday, 09:27 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 152 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Thanks for the new XD info and pics.

I just don't know how to feel about all of this convergence in my speakers. My (hour long) demo with the Xeo5 just left me feeling a little tepid. And even by launching the Xeo4 and 6 so soon with tweaks, I think Dynaudio realizes that their first attempt was not perfect. I had wireless transmission issues with the Xeo5, and as I have said before, it perhaps didn't play as loud and with as much authority as I would have liked.

So I think something like the Xeo4 is more or less safe as the expense is not that great but this XD stuff is a completely different price class. Are people who can afford these really looking for convenience? Are they really looking forward to not demoing amps, mixing, and matching? I don't think so. I think the people who can afford XD stuff are also hobbyists who want to tweak and add "high-end" separates to their equally high-end speakers. I mean, when I have guests I don't want to just show off my beautiful Dynaudio speakers, I want them to see my beautiful McIntosh amp as well. (I don't have a McIntosh; just giving an example.)

Besides, has anyone else notices that one finds quite a few Focus 110A models on the used market?

I think if I were Dynaudio, I would do a few things to my (home) product line. IMO they have too many lines and too much overlap. This is all creates confusion.

1) Eliminate the DM AND Sub series.
2) Refresh the Excite line with magnetic grilles and improved stands (done). Perhaps only offer X14, X24C, and X34 models. No 3-way model; upgrade to Focus necessary for this.
3) Refresh the Focus line (Series III) with certain design features of the New Excite line like the magnetic grills and stands but keep the two lines distinct from an audio perspective. Perhaps differentiate cabinet design with some Contour design aspects. Increase price. Perhaps only offer 160, 210C, and 340 or 380 model variants. Not both 340 and 380. No 260.
4) Eliminate Contour.
5) Refresh the Confidence line with magnetic grills, etc. Keep the C1, Center, and C2. No C4.
6) Eliminate Consequence.
7) Build one halo product around the $50-$100K price like Evidence Platinum. Just one model.
8) Experiment with a new line below the Excite series. Perhaps the only model line built elsewhere...like China. Leverage the Dynaudio brand but attempt to keep margins high with lower cost to build. Model is designed to attract buyers into upgraded models. Here is where you experiment with built-in amps and wireless features where buyers are looking for quality but have thinner budgets.
9) Continue to release SE speakers that mix and match technologies with rare finishes.

I agree with most of your thoughts. Frankly there needs to be a good sounding entry level for people to get into and for Dynaudio to push at more mass market stores to get the name out there. If you get rid of the DM line then you will have to make the Excite series less expensive. Or you Eliminate the Excite series and go with the DM line and then Focus which I think makes more sense. This happen recently to Dali as well and they have now reduced the number lines they have as well, but they need to go further. Zensor/Ikon/Rubicon/Epicon and a few others they need to get rid of as well.
post #23196 of 23206 Old Today, 12:06 AM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
flovv: Just curious what they were using the Drive the C4s? Now I have heard the C2/C4 side by side with the Focus 160 and 220, and they all sounded great but the Confidence out shined the Focus in detail and clarity, but not by much! So it would be interesting to see how the XD fair, now I could see the 600 XD sounding as good as the Confidence not sure about a bookshelf. I do have my eye on a pair of floor standers or bookshelves in the Focus line.
http://www.enjoythemusic.com/cedia_e...6_focus_xd.htm
Sorry, I didn't check the brand of the electronics and I didn't recognize them either. Though I did take a few pics, with my phone, where you can see them from a distance (actually photoing the speakers), I can post them later on (just need to find a cable here at work) and maybe you can figure out what they are, and at the same time show the C4s and XDs. The one thing I though when I saw the rather small size of them was that I think they where using 2 class d amps, a separate dac and a CD-player.

Quote:
Sorry if this been mentioned before, but does 200 XD need a separate DAC/AMP to play or is it all-in-one?
As callas01 wrote, you only need a source, like a CD or PC etc, as the are active (built in amps) and if you are using the digital input, the speakers will use the internal DAC in the speakers.
post #23197 of 23206 Old Today, 12:49 AM

Thanks for clarification guys. One more thing, what's the difference between XD 400 (260 based), and XD 600 (380 based) speakers, apart from price obviously?
post #23198 of 23206 Old Today, 04:12 AM
Advanced Member

Focus 160 + magnetic grills + built-in (Class D) amp = XD 200
Focus 160 Price: $2900

Focus 260 + magnetic grills + built-in stands + built-in (Class D) amp = XD 400
Focus 260 Price: $4900

Focus 380 + magnetic grills + built-in stands + built-in (Class D) amp = XD 600
Focus 380 Price: $9500

Big question is, how much will the "XD" price premium be? $1000 in each case? $1500?
post #23199 of 23206 Old Today, 06:07 AM

Quote:
Focus 160 + magnetic grills + built-in (Class D) amp = XD 200
Focus 160 Price: $2900

Focus 260 + magnetic grills + built-in stands + built-in (Class D) amp = XD 400
Focus 260 Price: $4900

Focus 380 + magnetic grills + built-in stands + built-in (Class D) amp = XD 600
Focus 380 Price: $9500

Big question is, how much will the "XD" price premium be? $1000 in each case? $1500?

Yes, that's another question, but I would still like to know the difference between 260 and 380. The only thing I know is that they are both floorstanders.
post #23200 of 23206 Old Today, 06:59 AM
Advanced Member

Focus 260:
http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_lou.../focus_260.php

Focus 380:
http://www.dynaudio.com/int/home_lou.../focus_380.php

The 380 is a 3-way design. Much larger in every way. Features the Esotar2 tweeter.
post #23201 of 23206 Old Today, 07:30 AM

Thanks for the links! BTW, have they given any approx release date yet?
post #23202 of 23206 Old Today, 08:58 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Thanks for the links! BTW, have they given any approx release date yet?
The XD line should be officially released early October. Who knows when they will be on sale, probably six months later.
post #23203 of 23206 Old Today, 09:03 AM

Quote:
The XD line should be officially released early October. Who knows when they will be on sale, probably six months later.
Damn, that sucks.
post #23204 of 23206 Old Today, 09:23 AM
Advanced Member

As of only the past hour or so, the XD series is starting to appear on the Dynaudio website...

post #23205 of 23206 Old Today, 06:29 PM
Advanced Member

More XD info and pics (in German)...

http://www.av-magazin.de/Ton_News.49...4d9e612.0.html

They are indeed gorgeous!

The shiny black part in the upper corner must be for the IR remote?

post #23206 of 23206 Old Today, 06:55 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 69 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
More XD info and pics (in German)...

http://www.av-magazin.de/Ton_News.49...4d9e612.0.html

They are indeed gorgeous!

The shiny black part in the upper corner must be for the IR remote?

It seems they're using the same tiger striped rosewood as the excites!

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List