Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
Hey Guys,

I may have posted this before.
You guys were talking about movie soundtracks and maybe overdriving your speakers.

This is not from a soundtrack but a live album. It is Hugh Masekela's "Hope" album. It was recorded in 1992 or 93 at the Blues Alley in Washington, DC. The track in question is the last on the album; it is called "Stimuli (the Coal Train)". It lasts about 10 minutes and is probably one of the most dynamic recordings I've ever heard.
I start it out at about 68-70dB's and it goes to 102dB. This happens about three times during the course of the song. There is some drumming that is mainly toms and bass drums that keep building, and building, and building, until you think that they can't get any louder, and they build again.

I have overdriven both C1's and C2's with this track. Pop!
But I have never been able to "pop" my Special 25's. That 8" Evidence driver is so robust.
And no it is not clipping (I have 400W mono-blocks).

Borderdog
I've heard this track on both digital and analog, it super pops on analog even more than on digital
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23282 of 23283 Old Yesterday, 09:29 PM

Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
One of my cars I owned years ago had Dynaudio Drivers and JL Audio Amps with the CleanSweep device which I thought was pretty cool back in the day. But got sick of pimping out company cars and having to reinstall stuff over and over if I traded my car in.
When I referenced some car audio amplifiers, I wasn't referring to the experience in the car, nor want to get into an argument about car vs. home audio. I was just expressing my displeasure with a lot of home audio equipment (including stand alone amplifiers), and that I have heard better designed and sounding equipment built for a car.

By the way, anything JL Audio makes for amplification doesn't compare even remotely to the products I am referring to.

We'll seen how the SR7007 performs and go from there. There is always the option of using a 12v power supply and bringing some high end mobile audio into the home.
post #23283 of 23283 Old Yesterday, 09:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 161 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Sqoverall: Now remember this was years ago when I was talking about JL Audio Amps, I know their is much better stuff back then and now, but at the time it is what I could afford! Not trying to argue about anything as in this business as I stated comes down to personal preference and many other variables and that goes hand in hand with car or home audio. On another note; some of the Brax stuff I heard with Dynaudio were pretty sweet and the ARC signature stuff was nice, just wish we would have had some of the betters stuff back in the day! Just curious what your comparing when it comes to home Audio Amps? Some of the good music only Amps or Int. Amps would be on par with some of the best Car Amps, depends on what your using as a comparison.

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 10:09 PM.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page