post #23521 of 23523 Old Today, 03:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 194 Post(s)
Liked: 51
Quote:
Originally Posted by lulimet View Post
White speakers with gray and black drivers look amazing. Those white Focus 160s look sexy as hell. I always preferred the look of the Focus over all the other lines with the Confidence being the ugliest, especially the C1. A really goofy looking speaker.
Well traditionally speakers are just frickin boxes with drivers in them and boring looking as they all look the same! I like the Focus line but they don't look any different then the other 10,000 + brands out there that have the boxy look. I like the look of the confidence line as they look a hell of a lot sexier and have some curves too them! LOL Too much white in a room reminds me of a hospital and I am in those daily, most likely why I don't like white or walnut finishes. Now what would really be cool is if they allowed the finishes in the Confidence line in the focus line! Mocca etc..

Last edited by Garman; Today at 03:55 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23522 of 23523 Old Today, 05:46 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I agree, I am at a loss because of Dynaudio selling out and still pissed off about it! But we still need to keep this place civil. lol!

The Rubicon's are nice, but I had a shoot out with 2 other people with the Rubicon 2/Mentor 2/Ikon 2 the Ikons 2 won out on all types of music and I know own a pair. Ironically we through the KEF LS50 into the mix and they beat them all, but I already own a pair of those... I have become a huge fan of Magnepan lately and since they are made in the Midwest that even puts a bigger smile on my face when I listen too them, as they are that good.

Now on the Dynaudio front, I think it will be a great time to buy now, but down the road I am not too sure, I hope Mike and his crew in Chicago stay intact as they are all very good people and have great customer service! Especially after I read why the Chinese are expecting to do with the brands.

http://hifipig.com

OctaDyn_Dude/sqoverall:

As far as the Amplification debate I haven't been a fan of Class D Amplification, but that could change in the future. Pioneer was using B&O's new Class D Amplifiers in there new receivers and they didn't sound too bad on movie soundtracks as there is a lot going on and it is very difficult to get too nit-picky on comparisons. (They sounded horrible when playing music, too me) I use to repair Amplifiers at Audiophiles years ago, and know enough to be dangerous, and I will gladly stay out of that debate.

A good Read: http://www.soundonsound.com/sos/jun0...udandlight.htm
Since those KEFs came out on top of that bunch, did you by chance compare them to the X14 for the same price?

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM XS 2 (2013)
Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490
Portable IEMs by Audio-Technica

post #23523 of 23523 Old Today, 05:57 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 37
I just got back from JS Audio where Joe threw a post-renovation party this evening. Where he use to have four smaller rooms, he now has two larger ones. He also busted out the ceilings to create a far more airy and inviting environment. Congrats to him.

But I have to say the focus tonight was on Wilson Audio, Boulder, dCS, D'Agostino, and Nordost products. His larger of the rooms had about $600K of equipment in it, including a pair of Wilson Alexandria XLF speakers. Anyway...insane equipment and insane prices. I was talking to the dCS guy from London and he was talking about he views NAIM as mid-fi. The Vivaldi dCS DAC starts at around $35K!

In regards to Dynaudio, they are Joe's "lowest-end" models. He had a pair of Confidence C2 Platinum speakers and he sells them at around $17K/pair as Wilson doesn't have anything that inexpensive. He also had a pair of Confidence C1 Platinum speakers. The rest of his Dynaudio stock will be returned to the store as all renovations are completed.

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM XS 2 (2013)
Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490
Portable IEMs by Audio-Technica

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page