Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 789 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 168Likes

post #23641 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 10:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
It's actually a fairly large bedroom, but the problem is there's no parallel walls, that corner is the only 90 degree angle in the room, so I can put speakers against one of the long wall, but theres no place to listen from if you get my drift.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #23642 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 10:58 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Does anyone know how much the new XD 200/400/600 is going to retail for? I saw speculation in a few threads here suggesting $13-14k range, but I was told ~$20k today, which seems quite ridiculous.
post #23643 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozer46 View Post
Does anyone know how much the new XD 200/400/600 is going to retail for? I saw speculation in a few threads here suggesting $13-14k range, but I was told ~$20k today, which seems quite ridiculous.
http://www.whathifi.com/news/dynaudi...dspeaker-range

What HiFi had the prices in pounds and if you do the conversion it is like this!

200XD = $7200

400XD = $11500

600XD = $14300

Roughly if that pricing is accurate. They been getting fantastic reviews so far.....

Guys some good information here, I guess AudioShark is the place to be.

http://audioshark.org/dynaudio-speak...l#.VFHWab6_fxY

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 11:13 PM.
post #23644 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 11:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumpingBean92 View Post
It's actually a fairly large bedroom, but the problem is there's no parallel walls, that corner is the only 90 degree angle in the room, so I can put speakers against one of the long wall, but theres no place to listen from if you get my drift.
Jumping Bean, I recently auditioned the X34, 260, and 340 myself. I fell in love with the 340, it had a really full-bodied sound, but they might need more power to realize full potential than you have on-hand. I didn't care all that much for the X34. It just sounded like a small speaker that didn't stand out significantly against other similar sized but cheaper floorstanders out there, if that makes sense. The 260 sounded great, nice tonal balance, and would probably do well in your listening room and available power. I think the 260 would be a great compromise if you don't want to swing for the 340's.
post #23645 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 11:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
http://www.whathifi.com/news/dynaudi...dspeaker-range

What HiFi had the prices in pounds and if you do the conversion it is like this!

200XD = $7200

400XD = $11500

600XD = $14300

Roughly if that pricing is accurate.
Ok thanks. I'm intrigued by the feature set on these, and I'm sure they'll be great, but I still think that pricing seems way out of line.
post #23646 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 11:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 27
What do you guys think of the finish on these guys? Was doing more net search. The monitor looks pretty substantial. I hope I can get it against the C1 to compare.

Looks alone I am really digging these. Good pictures. That finish is awesome. This is where I will be auditioning Saturday. New location.

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/0...kef-reference/

Rick

post #23647 of 23649 Old Yesterday, 11:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 207 Post(s)
Liked: 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
What do you guys think of the finish on these guys? Was doing more net search. The monitor looks pretty substantial. I hope I can get it against the C1 to compare.

Looks alone I am really digging these. Good pictures. That finish is awesome. This is where I will be auditioning Saturday. New location.

http://parttimeaudiophile.com/2014/0...kef-reference/

Rick
Rick,

I would throw the KEF Reference into the mix, they make a very nice speaker these days. One of the big 3 in England that got bought from the Chinese as well, I just wish they would start making more of their own stuff instead of buying up everything. lol Looks like a cool place.
post #23648 of 23649 Old Today, 03:30 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 56 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.SoftDome View Post
Garman, I know this. Really I do. This is why I keep coming back. I owned the original Focus 220, 200c and 110. I moved to C1 and Confidence Center (heaven). Emergency sale and now Focus 340. I have done my best to support Dynaudio. Their sound is second to none. But after all of this and many years I am back to C1 as a contender again. After these years there has been not one new introduction Contour and above in new lines. I have had the C1s. In piano black. I want a new look in my super model. Does that make sense? And maybe an Esotar 3 (which might leave all wonder aside).

I don't think there is anything wrong in my logic. C1 MKII is on tap Saturday. Maybe I will return. I think my thoughts are valid and just sharing. I love the look but been there done that. If they blow the others away so be it. I will buy them.

Rick
Rick the differences I found from upgrading from the original C1's to the MKII/Signature was the new ones sounded clearer at lower levels but didn't go quite as loud. With the originals the louder you played them the better they sounded. As far as the C1 Platinum I understand that was purely a cosmetic change. For me the upgrade to the Signatures fit my personal taste more because I prefer to listen at lower levels.
post #23649 of 23649 Old Today, 05:06 AM

Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 52
The "focus" XD sure do look like they're based on the excite line.

Why can't we list equipment in our signature? How odd...
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page