Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 204 Post(s)
Liked: 355
Quote:
Originally Posted by Borderdog View Post
CD,

Me? Condescending?
You're really opening up a can-of-worms for yourself.

Me?...cut off from social norms? That's funny. I deal with the public every day; face to face!
Not like you, who only deals with the internet public with an inordinate amount of internet postings...sitting behind your computer all day. And you think I'm the one that's cut off from social norms?:roll eyes:

In saying this, you're still welcome to come to our get-together and bring your speakers. You might learn from actual physical interaction with real people.

I would have posted this on a private e-mail to you, but since you posted this on a public thread, I did likewise.

I really don't know where you come up with this stuff? Is this what you sit and tell yourself all day?

You think my gear pays for itself? I have a job pal; little company called Oracle...maybe you've heard of them? Maybe not, considering what you seem to know about "computers" sometimes. Um, let's see; they're worth $85 billion, and have 125,000 employees worldwide.

And what is your daily exposure to the public; you know...being a retired contractor, living in remote Chesapeake VA?

Look...I'm not going to get into a p*ssing contest with you; but this is typical for you. You have ZERO sense of humor. I know you think you do...because I guess people laugh with you, or even at you. But sense of humor, is being able to recognize levity around you as well. I ask about the Whisky line-up, and you're like "uh...no drinking CD"; I say no one is coming to get hammered, and you're like "good...it makes it hard to listen objectively".

Then, you make a statement like "Why do you want to make this into some sort of competition? This is not about a "competition" between speakers. This is more about a listening experience in a properly acoustically set up room. I honestly believe that you have never experienced that. Even your speakers will sound incredible in my room.

I've been after you for years to do something about your room, but you keep ignoring me. If you expended half the energy (and money) into your room that you do on component swapping, you'd be closer to audio nirvana."

So let me get this straight, sycophant (look it up): what you're looking for, is for us all to hike down to your place...listen to only your gear, in your room; and what...tell you how great it and you are? You're right...sounds like a blast. The arrogance on you: who are you, that I should hang my head in shame...because I keep ignoring your advice, to flip my room upside down (sound like advice you've given...again...recently???), in order for it to sound a little better?

Besides...I need to sit behind my desk, and post.

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #24902 of 24903 Old Yesterday, 06:46 PM
Administrator

Mentioned: 20 Post(s)
Quoted: 462 Post(s)
Liked: 365
Break it up guys...

Mike Lang
Administrator
Please use the report post button to alert staff to problematic posts. Never quote or respond to them yourself.
Join the AVS Club and help support the site. Help Support AVS Forum Sponsors.
post #24903 of 24903 Old Yesterday, 08:46 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 138 Post(s)
Liked: 86
B!tchslap!!

hahaha
ambesolman likes this.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
Naim Nait XS-2, Jolida FX Tube DAC, Integra DTR-40.2, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #24904 of 24903 Old Yesterday, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I just wanted to post an update and thank everyone for your help educating me on some of the basics of audio equipment. Last week I purchased a pair of Focus 160's on an impulse and came here asking for help on how to power them.

Despite my original budget of $2,000.... I just purchased a Naim 152 pre-amp and Naim 155 power amp. I also purchased a Chord DAC (I can't remember the model but it has an option for Bluetooth and USB).
This was a step up from the Hegel 80 I discussed with my audio dealer. I still can't understand the whole "watts per channel" thing since the Naim is only rated for 60 watts but apparently this is a much more robust system?

What do you guys think? Does anyone have experience with a similar set up?

Last edited by Adeotec; Yesterday at 09:32 PM.
post #24905 of 24903 Old Yesterday, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 34 Post(s)
Liked: 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeotec View Post
I just wanted to post an update and thank everyone for your help educating me on some of the basics of audio equipment. Last week I purchased a pair of Focus 160's on an impulse and came here asking for help on how to power them.

Despite my original budget of $2,000.... I just purchased a Naim 152 pre-amp and Naim 155 power amp. I also purchased a Chord DAC (I can't remember the model but it has an option for Bluetooth and USB).
This was a step up from the Hegel 80 I discussed with my audio dealer. I still can understand the whole "watts per channel" misnomer since the Naim is only rated for 60 watts but apparently this is a much more robust system?

What do you guys think? Does anyone have experience with a similar set up?
We need pics.
post #24906 of 24903 Old Today, 01:56 AM

Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked: 0
So made a last second switch. I'm not going to get the C1, but the 400 XD. After listening to the 400 XD I was pretty sure this was more my liking.
The 200 and 400 XD have so much air about the middle and high notes and the 400's with an immence deep end. It really blew me away.

Will get them this tuesday and I am soooo hyped.

Contour 1.4S Black Ash
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page