Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 831 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews

AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews > Audio > Speakers > Dynaudio Owner's Thread

Speakers

Adeotec
09:15 PM Liked: 0
post #24901 of 24902
Today | Posts: 5
I just wanted to post an update and thank everyone for your help educating me on some of the basics of audio equipment. Last week I purchased a pair of Focus 160's on an impulse and came here asking for help on how to power them.

Despite my original budget of $2,000.... I just purchased a Naim 152 pre-amp and Naim 155 power amp. I also purchased a Chord DAC (I can't remember the model but it has an option for Bluetooth and USB).
This was a step up from the Hegel 80 I discussed with my audio dealer. I still can't understand the whole "watts per channel" thing since the Naim is only rated for 60 watts but apparently this is a much more robust system?

What do you guys think? Does anyone have experience with a similar set up?
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar Spurrier Sucks
09:32 PM Liked: 148
post #24902 of 24902
Today | Posts: 478
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adeotec View Post
I just wanted to post an update and thank everyone for your help educating me on some of the basics of audio equipment. Last week I purchased a pair of Focus 160's on an impulse and came here asking for help on how to power them.

Despite my original budget of $2,000.... I just purchased a Naim 152 pre-amp and Naim 155 power amp. I also purchased a Chord DAC (I can't remember the model but it has an option for Bluetooth and USB).
This was a step up from the Hegel 80 I discussed with my audio dealer. I still can understand the whole "watts per channel" misnomer since the Naim is only rated for 60 watts but apparently this is a much more robust system?

What do you guys think? Does anyone have experience with a similar set up?
We need pics.
Tags: Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

Reply Speakers

Subscribe to this Thread