Forum Jump: 
 507Likes
post #25171 of 25179 Unread Yesterday, 07:28 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 379 Post(s)
Liked: 94
Solgryn: Nice review, reminds me of the first time I heard the Confidence C2s playing. Just curious on what type of Power Amps these guys are using? I wonder if they are Dynaudio own built Power Amps or are they using a much higher end B&O Digital Amp to power these? In any regards you still need to plug some thing into them, I wouldn't mind giving the Focus XD200 a shot. Too many floor standers and monitors in the house right now.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25172 of 25179 Unread Yesterday, 07:48 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Solgryn: Nice review, reminds me of the first time I heard the Confidence C2s playing. Just curious on what type of Power Amps these guys are using? I wonder if they are Dynaudio own built Power Amps or are they using a much higher end B&O Digital Amp to power these? In any regards you still need to plug some thing into them, I wouldn't mind giving the Focus XD200 a shot. Too many floor standers and monitors in the house right now.
Thanks
I read somewhere that it is Texas Instruments that has along with Dynaudio made the amps. Can't find it right now though..

Focus XD 400 Black Veneer, Creek Evolution 2 CD player
post #25173 of 25179 Unread Yesterday, 08:15 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 179 Post(s)
Liked: 56
This glowing review in German also cites Texas Instruments as a key partner...
http://www.dynaudio.com/d/pdf/DYN_Fo...D_Stereo_D.pdf

(Article also has pic of amp.)

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM XS 2 (2013)
Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490
Portable IEMs by Audio-Technica

post #25174 of 25179 Unread Yesterday, 10:07 AM
AVS Special Member

GT: Interesting as Texas Inst. is very wary of their technology falling into the wrong hands, and since the Chinese are notorious for buying up American and European companies to get into other avenues of our technologies it will be interesting too see how this partnership unfolds. Main reason why GM through in the towel when the Chinese wanted to buy Saab. I guess it doesn't matter as I am sure the TI is making there chipsets and other products in China anyway... Kind of ironic that a huge communist country with capitalistic values is building up a huge military lately and we are funding it. I told my son to study international business and learn Mandarin. Well at least the XD series is built in Denmark still with Danish and American parts! <<<<< Sarcasm
post #25175 of 25179 Unread Yesterday, 12:20 PM

Quoted: 33 Post(s)
Liked: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
GT: Interesting as Texas Inst. is very wary of their technology falling into the wrong hands, and since the Chinese are notorious for buying up American and European companies to get into other avenues of our technologies it will be interesting too see how this partnership unfolds. Main reason why GM through in the towel when the Chinese wanted to buy Saab. I guess it doesn't matter as I am sure the TI is making there chipsets and other products in China anyway... Kind of ironic that a huge communist country with capitalistic values is building up a huge military lately and we are funding it. I told my son to study international business and learn Mandarin. Well at least the XD series is built in Denmark still with Danish and American parts! <<<<< Sarcasm
Well you might be right. But I don't think China or other Asian countries are the worst place to have electronics made. They are actually quite good at it, also quality wise. But making authentic "macroscopic" stuff, not so much.

Focus XD 400 Black Veneer, Creek Evolution 2 CD player
post #25176 of 25179 Unread Yesterday, 12:54 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
Well you might be right. But I don't think China or other Asian countries are the worst place to have electronics made. They are actually quite good at it, also quality wise. But making authentic "macroscopic" stuff, not so much.
Solgryn: Taiwan/Japan, I would agree, but I have had horrible luck with Chinese Company gear... Plus the countries I listed actually respect pat. laws and don' t try to steal technology and rebag it as their own. It will be interesting too see what happens to Dynaudio since the changing of the guard, I am sure nothing will happen drastically for a few years.
post #25177 of 25179 Unread Today, 12:07 PM

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 18
What's a good asking price for a mint set of Focus 110A's? I googled but didn't find any recent sales for reference.

Really loving the 200 XD's, so the 110A's need to go soon.
amatuerholic likes this.
post #25178 of 25179 Unread Today, 12:30 PM

Quoted: 101 Post(s)
Liked: 55
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozer46 View Post
What's a good asking price for a mint set of Focus 110A's? I googled but didn't find any recent sales for reference.

Really loving the 200 XD's, so the 110A's need to go soon.
I've been seeing $200/pair recently. I'll be generous and give you $500 though

But seriously, I have no idea. I was going to look at hifishark and view the expired/sold listings, but their site appears to be down right now.

Edit:
Looks like $1,000 - $1,200 used, and ~$1,500 - $1,600 new.

Last edited by amatuerholic; Today at 12:35 PM.
post #25179 of 25179 Unread Today, 05:14 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hoping you guys can give some inputs on interconnects and speaker cables for my Contour S3.4 (amp is Octave V70SE with Black Box).

I'm currently using Transparent Super speaker cables and interconnects, but wondering if Wireworld Eclipse 7 might be better.

Wireworld cables works very well with headphone amp and powered desktop speakers, so I'm thinking about trying it in the main system, but don't want spend over $2000 (I need 15 ft of speaker cables) just to try and lose some money if I don't like it and have to sell on Audiogon.

Hoping someone here have tried both brands.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore