post #25471 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 05:43 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:
Originally Posted by Solgryn View Post
How do you guys run your streaming audio? I would like to run mine coaxially into my speakers as they will then handle the conversion til audio. Do I need a special soundcard for that in my laptop or what possibities are there?
I am planning on using WiMP.
The XD doesn't have USB?

District Account Representative - Mid-Atlantic
Theater Max, LLC

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25472 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 06:06 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 217 Post(s)
Liked: 74
Quote:
How do you guys run your streaming audio? I would like to run mine coaxially into my speakers as they will then handle the conversion til audio. Do I need a special soundcard for that in my laptop or what possibities are there?
Is this a question for XD owners only?

CD: No, the XD does not have USB input. I believe its 'hub' does...if it has one.

As for me: HTPC > USB > DAC > RCA-DIN > IA > SPEAKERS

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM SuperNait 2
Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70wpc version)
Portable: IM70 IEMs by Audio-Technica

post #25473 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 06:22 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 12
HTCP?

No, the speaker themselves only have a coax input and an analogue. The wireless box does have all inputs though. But I thought I read somewhere that USB isn't the best way to get sound out from the computer.

Focus XD 400 Black Veneer, Creek Evolution 2 CD player
post #25474 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 06:52 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
HTCP?

No, the speaker themselves only have a coax input and an analogue. The wireless box does have all inputs though. But I thought I read somewhere that USB isn't the best way to get sound out from the computer.
Home Theater PC

USB vs. SPDIF ... lots of debate on the subject.

But call me a very happy camper with what my Meridian Direct DAC is capable of doing in my current setup.

If someone has a fancy streamer from say NAIM, Aurelic, etc. they are welcome to come to DC and try it in my setup and compare with the HTPC option

Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70wpc version)

post #25475 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 07:47 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 155 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Why don't you get an M2Tech Hi-Face it'll convert sub to spdif. I had bought one when I had my Jolida tube DAC. Now I still use it on occasion with the naim if I'm streaming a service that won't connect via upnp.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
NaimUniti 2, Marantz SR7007, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #25476 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 11:29 AM

Quoted: 45 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Thanks guys for replys guys.
Maybe I wasn't really clear enough. I have a coax and USB input on the hub. I was under the impression that USB was not as good. Perhabs I am wrong and perhaps it is not really conclusive/any real difference.

On another note. The speakers are starting to break in. And wow, I am starting to think my suppliers speakers wasn't broken in becuase it is now even better. The mids especially are starting to really open up. Loving it.

Focus XD 400 Black Veneer, Creek Evolution 2 CD player
post #25477 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 11:41 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Maybe I wasn't really clear enough. I have a coax and USB input on the hub. I was under the impression that USB was not as good. Perhabs I am wrong and perhaps it is not really conclusive/any real difference.

On another note. The speakers are starting to break in. And wow, I am starting to think my suppliers speakers wasn't broken in becuase it is now even better. The mids especially are starting to really open up. Loving it.
Well, if you look at Chord products like the new 2Qute DAC, DSD and high-res files can ONLY be fed to the DAC via its USB input. (Not the optical.)

post #25478 of 25479 Old Yesterday, 01:38 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 288 Post(s)
Liked: 541
Quote:

Solgryn, get an inexpensive USB DAC...like a Schiit; or a USB "conditioner" type product, like the iFi power-USB.

Pretty short-sided, for Dyn to not include USB.

District Account Representative - Mid-Atlantic
Theater Max, LLC

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
post #25479 of 25479 Old Today, 03:00 PM
AVS Club Gold

Quoted: 23 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:

The usb on the hub is limited in bandwidth. The current hub is for the Xeo product. There is a new hub coming that will allow 96KHz via wireless. If you go USB to SPDIF you can easily do 192Khz into the digital in of the XDs

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page