Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 853 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!


Forum Jump: 
 627Likes
Reply
Thread Tools
post #25561 of 25578 Unread Yesterday, 10:23 AM
Advanced Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Yeah, anything from 1500-2500 new or used. If it's worth saving up a little longer for something special, I'd definitely be motivated to do so.
amatuerholic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
post #25562 of 25578 Unread Yesterday, 01:11 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 5,211
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
Yeah, anything from 1500-2500 new or used. If it's worth saving up a little longer for something special, I'd definitely be motivated to do so.
160's or 260's would be the way to go..... Both speakers are pretty amazing for the money.....
amatuerholic likes this.
Garman is offline  
post #25563 of 25578 Unread Yesterday, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
Before picking up a pair of used 160s, are there any other speakers I should seriously consider?
MB 2.5. Call or email Tyler at Next Level AV for a price.
amatuerholic likes this.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #25564 of 25578 Unread Yesterday, 05:50 PM
Advanced Member
 
GTaudiophile's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 945
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 234 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
MB 2.5. Call or email Tyler at Next Level AV for a price.
You may have a point of MB 2.5 over Focus 160...maybe...
amatuerholic likes this.

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM SuperNait 2
Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70wpc version)
Portable: IM70 IEMs by Audio-Technica

GTaudiophile is offline  
post #25565 of 25578 Unread Yesterday, 06:31 PM
AVS Special Member
 
CDLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dark Side of the Moon-Right Side of the Bay, MD
Posts: 9,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
At what price?

PMC DB-1 at $1400
The DB-1, is like 2 gens old.

District Account Representative - Mid-Atlantic
Theater Max, LLC

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
CDLehner is online now  
post #25566 of 25578 Unread Yesterday, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 5,211
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
MB 2.5. Call or email Tyler at Next Level AV for a price.
Yeah or call him for a pair of Dynaudio's as he carries both, so when did the Dynaudio thread become the Raidho/Scansonic thread! lol

And just for the Dynaudio fan base, I just did a lovely shoot out with the Scansonic MB-1 verses a 12+ year old Contour 1.3MKII and I thought the Contour sounded better to my ears. Both are great speakers and do sound different, but the 1.3MKII sounded more full bodied and balanced to my ears. But I think the MB-1s need their specific stand to really shine, as they bass response seemed to flat.

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 11:00 PM.
Garman is offline  
post #25567 of 25578 Unread Today, 05:01 AM
AVS Special Member
 
OctaDyn_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Yeah or call him for a pair of Dynaudio's as he carries both, so when did the Dynaudio thread become the Raidho/Scansonic thread! lol

And just for the Dynaudio fan base, I just did a lovely shoot out with the Scansonic MB-1 verses a 12+ year old Contour 1.3MKII and I thought the Contour sounded better to my ears. Both are great speakers and do sound different, but the 1.3MKII sounded more full bodied and balanced to my ears. But I think the MB-1s need their specific stand to really shine, as they bass response seemed to flat.
Remember the MB 1's only have a single 4" driver. How many hrs on yours? For about the first 50hrs they sound like one note bass
OctaDyn_Dude is online now  
post #25568 of 25578 Unread Today, 06:06 AM
AVS Special Member
 
callas01's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,819
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 158 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Well I went and picked up a new toy last night! Since my MacBook Pro has been confiscated by the wife for work and school, I went and got a new "music server". Next I'll look at adding external HD/NAS and a transport for ripping my cd collection.

Garman and Spurrier Sucks like this.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
NaimUniti 2, Marantz SR7007, 55" Panasonic Plasma
callas01 is online now  
post #25569 of 25578 Unread Today, 08:48 AM
AVS Special Member
 
Garman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 5,211
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 438 Post(s)
Liked: 113
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Remember the MB 1's only have a single 4" driver. How many hrs on yours? For about the first 50hrs they sound like one note bass
George: I am about on 150 hours on them.... From my understanding the stand makes a huge difference, but since I can upgrade for a nominal fee I would rather move up the food chain and let me ears enjoy more bass!

callas01: I have one of those sitting in my closet as I was going to go that route, instead I just let my Oppo 105D be the main hub with a NAS drive plugged into my Airport Extreme works like a charm and now I at least have a great backup computer. The Mac Min (especially the i7 Quad Core) is like having a mini super computer.
Garman is offline  
post #25570 of 25578 Unread Today, 10:00 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CDLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dark Side of the Moon-Right Side of the Bay, MD
Posts: 9,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Remember the MB 1's only have a single 4" driver.
4.5"
amatuerholic likes this.

District Account Representative - Mid-Atlantic
Theater Max, LLC

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
CDLehner is online now  
post #25571 of 25578 Unread Today, 10:26 AM
Advanced Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
4.5"
Shoo, shoo; go back to your raidho/scansonic thread

amatuerholic is offline  
post #25572 of 25578 Unread Today, 11:13 AM
AVS Special Member
 
CDLehner's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Dark Side of the Moon-Right Side of the Bay, MD
Posts: 9,442
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 330 Post(s)
Liked: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
Shoo, shoo; go back to your raidho/scansonic thread
Milestone post; happy 500!

9,000 more to go, and you'll catch me.
amatuerholic likes this.

District Account Representative - Mid-Atlantic
Theater Max, LLC

Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything. -Plato
CDLehner is online now  
post #25573 of 25578 Unread Today, 11:15 AM
Advanced Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Milestone post; happy 500!

9,000 more to go, and you'll catch me.
Oh no, I can't believe I used my 500th on a post like that! :P

amatuerholic is offline  
post #25574 of 25578 Unread Today, 12:04 PM
AVS Special Member
 
OctaDyn_Dude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Location: Streamwood
Posts: 1,033
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 168 Post(s)
Liked: 80
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
4.5"
You're right and I was wrong. I was thinking the X series.
OctaDyn_Dude is online now  
post #25575 of 25578 Unread Today, 01:00 PM
Advanced Member
 
Spurrier Sucks's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: On Top
Posts: 547
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
4.5"
Shoo, shoo; go back to your raidho/scansonic thread
Did you reach out to Tyler? I bet your high number will get you there or very close. He does sell Dyns too and may be able to help you decide. Good luck with your decision.
amatuerholic likes this.
Spurrier Sucks is online now  
post #25576 of 25578 Unread Today, 03:17 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Anyone else here with XD's had an issue with the speakers pairing up in the master/slave setup after installing the firmware update? Now I can't get my slaved speaker to power on when the master powers on. I have to power it on separately and then it can't seem to find the input source on its own, I have to select it with the remote. This all worked before the update.

Does Dynaudio have a direct support line available? All I've found on the website is general contact email and a service email with a German address. My local dealer doesn't really know anything about the XD's.
Boozer46 is online now  
post #25577 of 25578 Unread Today, 03:31 PM
Advanced Member
 
amatuerholic's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 503
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 135 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by Boozer46 View Post
Anyone else here with XD's had an issue with the speakers pairing up in the master/slave setup after installing the firmware update? Now I can't get my slaved speaker to power on when the master powers on. I have to power it on separately and then it can't seem to find the input source on its own, I have to select it with the remote. This all worked before the update.

Does Dynaudio have a direct support line available? All I've found on the website is general contact email and a service email with a German address. My local dealer doesn't really know anything about the XD's.
I've called Dynaudio US at 847.730.3280. I talked to two people on two separate occasions; one was knowledgeable, the other was not. I'm sure they'll be able to at least point you to someone who can help, especially with your purchasing one of their newer products.

amatuerholic is offline  
post #25578 of 25578 Unread Today, 05:58 PM
Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 44
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
I've called Dynaudio US at 847.730.3280. I talked to two people on two separate occasions; one was knowledgeable, the other was not. I'm sure they'll be able to at least point you to someone who can help, especially with your purchasing one of their newer products.
Thanks, I'll try that on Monday
Boozer46 is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore



Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off