Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 863 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 684Likes

post #25861 of 25873 Old Today, 08:35 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Had 'em; before the KEF Ref. In fact, just traded them in for new PMCs
Which PMCs? PM me if you don't want to take away from the Dyn thread. Speaking of which, did you pick yours up new or used? How are you liking them so far?

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #25862 of 25873 Old Today, 08:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 198 Post(s)
Liked: 132
Quote:
Had 'em; before the KEF Ref. In fact, just traded them in for new PMCs
How are the fact 3 vs the kef ref?

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
NaimUniti 2, Marantz SR7007, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #25863 of 25873 Old Today, 08:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 403 Post(s)
Liked: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by amatuerholic View Post
Which PMCs? PM me if you don't want to take away from the Dyn thread. Speaking of which, did you pick yours up new or used? How are you liking them so far?
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
How are the fact 3 vs the kef ref?
Yeah guys; PM me. Can't talk about one non-Dyn, against another...in this thread

SYSTEMS-
#1: Aurender N100>Auralic Vega>Aesthetix Calypso>Merrill Audio THOR>KEF Reference 1s/PMC FACT 3s
#2: C.A.P.S.>SOtM sDP-1000>Wyred4Sound mAMPS>Dynaudio X-14s
post #25864 of 25873 Old Today, 09:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 549 Post(s)
Liked: 168
CD: I am all ears! I had the MB-1 up against the Dynaudio 1.3 MKII and LS50s and I preferred the last two, but I didn't have the MB-1 stands.
post #25865 of 25873 Old Today, 11:44 AM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 22
I am looking at the frequency response of the Excite X24 (55Hz -23kHz +/-3db) vs Focus 210C (43Hz - 23kHz +/-3db). I am planning a full range appartment system with no subs and I am planing to run X34's for L-R and X14's for surrounds (5.0) full range as I have seen recomendations from Dynaudio that running these speakers full range is recommended (low level playback). But as the X34's have a frequency response of 37Hz - 23kHz +/-3db I keep getting the nagging feeling that the Focus 210C may be a better match for the center in this situation (There are budget constraints so I cannot afford to use all Focus Series speakers). Is the sonic signature of these two speakers close to the same? I prefer to just use a single bookshelf speker for the center but this is proving to be NOT practical due to space limitations. I will appreciate any comments.
post #25866 of 25873 Old Today, 02:07 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Yeah guys; PM me. Can't talk about one non-Dyn, against another...in this thread
Yes you can - others may want to know including myself. There are no Dyn only police.
post #25867 of 25873 Old Today, 02:10 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 239 Post(s)
Liked: 126
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
I am looking at the frequency response of the Excite X24 (55Hz -23kHz +/-3db) vs Focus 210C (43Hz - 23kHz +/-3db). I am planning a full range appartment system with no subs and I am planing to run X34's for L-R and X14's for surrounds (5.0) full range as I have seen recomendations from Dynaudio that running these speakers full range is recommended (low level playback). But as the X34's have a frequency response of 37Hz - 23kHz +/-3db I keep getting the nagging feeling that the Focus 210C may be a better match for the center in this situation (There are budget constraints so I cannot afford to use all Focus Series speakers). Is the sonic signature of these two speakers close to the same? I prefer to just use a single bookshelf speker for the center but this is proving to be NOT practical due to space limitations. I will appreciate any comments.
IMO don't look at specs - use your ears. Use pecs as a basic reference and go from there.
post #25868 of 25873 Old Today, 02:52 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Yes you can - others may want to know including myself. There are no Dyn only police.
I think the DOP have quit coming to this thread!

post #25869 of 25873 Old Today, 03:57 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
IMO don't look at specs - use your ears. Use pecs as a basic reference and go from there.
I do agree with you but all the dealers that I have visited do not have either the Excite or Focus centers on display never mind having both to compare. So I have to fall back on the good members of this forum who may have heard or have experience with either of these and hopefully may have been able to do the comparison betwteen these two centers.
post #25870 of 25873 Old Today, 04:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chucka View Post
I do agree with you but all the dealers that I have visited do not have either the Excite or Focus centers on display never mind having both to compare. So I have to fall back on the good members of this forum who may have heard or have experience with either of these and hopefully may have been able to do the comparison betwteen these two centers.
I used to own the X22 and now have the 210C. I used the X22 with the Excite X16s and with the Focus 160s for about 5-6 months. I didn't notice too much of a difference between the 2 unless there was audible panning from left to right thru the center; like in Quantum of Solace at the beginning with the car race thru the tunnels with Mr White in the trunk. The X22 was a very good center channel. Never struggled with dialog and when there was big action sequences in movies like Battle Los Angeles, The Dark Knight, Pacific Rim....etc.

The biggest difference I noticed between the 2 was that the 210C was that the deepest voices would be stronger and more gruff, explosions had more umph. Overall voicing was(and I'm guessing will be) slightly different, but I dont think youll be upset by it. Should at least be in the same range. For $800 and 4.33" woofers it was far better then I gave it credit for when I first bought it and was completely reluctant because of its size, and what I had previously experienced with little center channels... but that one is really a great center. The 210C is an upgrade... worth the extra $800??? I could see some being happy saving a little money and using the X22/24

Personally if you're going to run full range and no sub... Id get the X24 and X38s, that way you get better lows and a larger cabinet and better frequency extension when those big scenes happen. I have the 210C and 260s, and I crossover at 50 hz. I also use DM2/6s as surrounds which are fantastic, no need to buy the X14s IMO. If you got the X38s/X24 & DM2/6s you might be able to do so about the same price as the setup your considering..I have a 14x25 ft room with vaulted ceilings and theres a dining room behind when I sit... the DMs are mounted on the side walls and pointed diagonally towards the center of the room and the imaging sounds so good, everything is right behind my head and the whole setup (with Hsu VTF2 MK4) blends so well... best setup I have ever had and better then most any I have heard.

post #25871 of 25873 Old Today, 05:38 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Are both the Contour S5.4 and Focus 380's discontinued?

At this point in time that only leaves the X-38's as the only high output towers below the C4's? Hopefully something will be released in the near future that would fill the gap in the Dyn tower lineup.
post #25872 of 25873 Old Today, 06:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 275 Post(s)
Liked: 99
Quote:
Originally Posted by weird 23 View Post
Are both the Contour S5.4 and Focus 380's discontinued?

At this point in time that only leaves the X-38's as the only high output towers below the C4's? Hopefully something will be released in the near future that would fill the gap in the Dyn tower lineup.
Yes on the Contour. No on the Focus 380. At least from what I can tell from their website.

Current HiFi: Dynaudio Focus 260 | Meridian Direct DAC | NAIM SuperNait 2
Past HiFi: Dynaudio Excite X16 | Dynaudio Focus 160 | Harman Kardon HK3490 | NAIM XS2 (70wpc version)
Portable: IM70 IEMs by Audio-Technica

post #25873 of 25873 Old Today, 06:28 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTaudiophile View Post
Yes on the Contour. No on the Focus 380. At least from what I can tell from their website.
Thanks GT.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page