Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 874 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
Thread Tools
post #26191 of 26195 Old Today, 05:22 AM
BigAl87's Avatar
Join Date: Sep 2013
Posts: 35
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 16 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Do not forget Mirage, which Klipsch bought & killed off also.
Yeah but Mirage, Energy and Athena were the same company to begin with

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black.
Oppo BDP103D

BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest.

Last edited by BigAl87; Today at 05:25 AM.
BigAl87 is online now  
Sponsored Links
post #26192 of 26195 Old Today, 08:11 AM
AVS Special Member
Garman's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2001
Location: The Moon
Posts: 5,486
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 615 Post(s)
Liked: 204
Klipsch are ear bleeders to me, they were our cheap brand when I use to work at an Audio store when I was in College and I use to try to steer people to other brands namely "Dynaudio". Once I put them on and had them sitting side by side 95% of the people would choose Dynaudio, the other 5% went to Klipsch most likely because of cost. Their are many good American brands, just not as well known, like Magnepan, Joseph Audio, Pass, Rogue Audio, etc..
Garman is offline  
post #26193 of 26195 Old Today, 08:42 AM
no quarter's Avatar
Join Date: Jun 2015
Posts: 28
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 4
Originally Posted by Bluvette View Post
Do not forget Mirage, which Klipsch bought & killed off also.
I had a pair of mirage speakers ...it must of been late eighties,they were a tall slim floor stander that had a fairly deep cabinet with one 4 inch or so driver and a tweeter...no idea what model it was now.they were the best sounding speakers I had owned to that point.A friend who heard them was pissed that they blew away his 901 Bose!...for about 1k less.

Cary audio cinema 12 ,focus xd 600,confidence centre,excite12,neat iota,Cary 500.1 monoblock,anthem mca-50,2 Jl-audio fathom 112s
no quarter is online now  
post #26194 of 26195 Old Today, 09:11 AM
COmusicaddict's Avatar
Join Date: Jan 2014
Location: Colorado Springs
Posts: 134
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 54 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
didge70: As Octa Stated the Scasonics 2.5 are great, but I would lump them into more of the Excites range. I think the Focus 260 is very good, different sounding than the 2.5, not saying which is better but I prefer the more balanced Dynaudio has to give you when it comes to comparing the Scansonics and Dynaudio which I do daily, both are great, just think they are different. Let your own ears be the judge!
Of course the Scansonic 2.5s could be compared to the Excite range of loudspeakers, or any other range of loudspeakers. I have listened extensively to both my Excite X-12s and my Scansonic 2.5s in the same room powered with the same gear, and there really isn't much to compare there, other than the differences. I really do like my X-12s but they're not in the league the 2.5s are, at least not to my ears. Perhaps an Excite floorstander would be better comparison?
COmusicaddict is online now  
post #26195 of 26195 Old Today, 01:06 PM
Advanced Member
amatuerholic's Avatar
Join Date: Oct 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 719
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 260 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Anyone here try the x14A?

amatuerholic is offline  
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off