Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 879 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 764Likes
post #26341 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 01:53 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
What is the cost compared to a Mac mini? What does the Aurender do better than the Mac? How much storage is there and can you add more storage to one? Is an Aurender similar to a Unitiserve?
SS
I believe the aurender n100h that cd has is 2700 dollars,it has 2 terabytes of storage...im not sure which one mr integration has?The only thing about it i dont like is the lack of s/pdif output.
I would have to get a converter to use with the xds I was looking at you setup pics...did you eliminate all the emotiva gear when you got the uniti 2?I thought about trying the xpr-1 for my center channel,but decided to go with the cary 500.1When i asked my dealer about emotiva he smiled and said "you get what you pay for".What were/are your impressions of their stuff?
Maybe cd can give his impressions of the aurender

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26342 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 02:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 647 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Integration View Post
I did the same try every type of way to get files to the speakers. In the end a product like an Aurender really does work best. It is a purpose built device that doesn't get email or browse the web. It plays music a pretty much handles any type of file out there. It is more costly than a PC or Mac but it is also much better built.
I hear you on PC/Mac music, I have a 5.1 (Gallo Nucleus system) hooked up to my desk top! lol A Denon AVR-1712 and its good for burning files or listening while I am working, I put it in 5 channel stereo and seem to get work done faster when I am surrounded by music. The Aurender pieces are very nice and I am looking at one for my main listening HT room, otherwise I am currently using the Oppo 105D with very good results, just need a tad better dac now. I am re-ripping my music to AIFF at the highest quality and also using dBpowerAmp for ripping along with iTunes, the results are pretty eye opening since a lot of my music was in MP3 format and down Rezed because it was on an iPod for convenience. Anyone try Amazons service? What I like is if you buy a CD they also give you a free rip via their service. Glad your liking the 600, I am tempted to get a pair of the X14A or Focus 200 but I think that would be overkill sitting in front of my computer.

no quarter: The Aurenders stuff is very well made, just wish they would come in at a slightly less expensive price point, like say $1500... especially since they have much less expensive cost for labor in Korea. Regardless very nice stuff!
post #26343 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 02:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 219 Post(s)
Liked: 318
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
SS
I believe the aurender n100h that cd has is 2700 dollars,it has 2 terabytes of storage...im not sure which one mr integration has?The only thing about it i dont like is the lack of s/pdif output.
I would have to get a converter to use with the xds I was looking at you setup pics...did you eliminate all the emotiva gear when you got the uniti 2?I thought about trying the xpr-1 for my center channel,but decided to go with the cary 500.1When i asked my dealer about emotiva he smiled and said "you get what you pay for".What were/are your impressions of their stuff?
Maybe cd can give his impressions of the aurender
I still have an XPA-3 I use for my center and surrounds. The XPA-2 was sold when I went with the W4S IA and the UMC-1 was a few years back when I still had my Mirage speakers. I can't really comment on that piece other than from memory with different speakers. I think it was more neutral sounding than the Naim gear. The Naim gear seems to give a little something in the mids that puts a smile on my face.
post #26344 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 03:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
I hear you on PC/Mac music, I have a 5.1 (Gallo Nucleus system) hooked up to my desk top! lol A Denon AVR-1712 and its good for burning files or listening while I am working, I put it in 5 channel stereo and seem to get work done faster when I am surrounded by music. The Aurender pieces are very nice and I am looking at one for my main listening HT room, otherwise I am currently using the Oppo 105D with very good results, just need a tad better dac now. I am re-ripping my music to AIFF at the highest quality and also using dBpowerAmp for ripping along with iTunes, the results are pretty eye opening since a lot of my music was in MP3 format and down Rezed because it was on an iPod for convenience. Anyone try Amazons service? What I like is if you buy a CD they also give you a free rip via their service. Glad your liking the 600, I am tempted to get a pair of the X14A or Focus 200 but I think that would be overkill sitting in front of my computer.

no quarter: The Aurenders stuff is very well made, just wish they would come in at a slightly less expensive price point, like say $1500... especially since they have much less expensive cost for labor in Korea. Regardless very nice stuff!
yeah garman there is nothing worse than dropping 2k+ on gear... Then someone releases a unit that outdoes it for half the priceThat Auralic mini might be worth waiting for. Today I have been listening to my c1 mk11s on the supernait system...damn they sound nice but they are such a hard load,I have to turn the volume up half way to get them movingJust enjoying them while I can,have to hand them over this week.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player
post #26345 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 03:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
yeah garman there is nothing worse than dropping 2k+ on gear... Then someone releases a unit that outdoes it for half the priceThat Auralic mini might be worth waiting for. Today I have been listening to my c1 mk11s on the supernait system...damn they sound nice but they are such a hard load,I have to turn the volume up half way to get them movingJust enjoying them while I can,have to hand them over this week.
What speakers will you use with the SN2 when the C1s are gone?
post #26346 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 03:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
What speakers will you use with the SN2 when the C1s are gone?
Either my paradigm moniter 90p's or the excite 12's for now,I may explore kef and pmc

post #26347 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 04:14 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Either my paradigm moniter 90p's or the excite 12's for now,I may explore kef and pmc
Naim and PMC are suppose to be a great pairing.
Garman likes this.
post #26348 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 05:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Naim is good gear but a 4ohm load via Dynaudio at times craves more..... I have had good luck with Musical Fidelity and Pass with Dynaudio as I am sure there are other brands that would work well....
post #26349 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 07:13 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 279 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Never had an issue with my naim XS or U2 with any of my Dyns. Even Mike at Dyn USA said he uses a SN with his C1s and loves it.

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
NaimUniti 2, Marantz SR7007, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #26350 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 07:40 PM
AVS Special Member

Callas01: not sure as the more high quality high current Amps tended too work better for me, especially at lower listening levels especially with the Confidence series! I think George will back me up on that one, since he convinced me to upgrade from my Original C2s to the Platinums. Even with a modest Amp or Int. Amp setup their was a good difference just because of the slight changes to the speaker.
post #26351 of 26356 Old Yesterday, 11:05 PM

Quote:
Callas01: not sure as the more high quality high current Amps tended too work better for me, especially at lower listening levels especially with the Confidence series! I think George will back me up on that one, since he convinced me to upgrade from my Original C2s to the Platinums. Even with a modest Amp or Int. Amp setup their was a good difference just because of the slight changes to the speaker.
Yes garman , i agree...i always felt that i needed more power with the c1s,i was using a cary audio 200.2 to drive them (350x2 into 4 ohms)i was going to upgrade to cary 500.1 monoblocks(1000watts into 4 ohms) but decided to go with the xd 600s for l/r channel and exchange the 200.2 for a 500.1 for the center channel only.It saves on room, and judging by my home demo of the 200xds...will be more than dynamic enough for my needs
I feel ...to get the most out of the c1s you need something like pass labs monoblocks... and they are expensive and kick off a ton of heat,jmo.The c1s worked a lot better with the cary(350x2)
than the supernait(130 x2)although naim watts are decievingCallas,this is not the first time i tried the c1s with the supernait...i actually thought the focus 160s i had were much better with that amp.They do sound good,but i feel you would need the new 300dr or500dr(naim)to do them justice...cant afford that.

post #26352 of 26356 Old Today, 12:00 AM
AVS Special Member

no quarter: I am using a Musical Fidelity KW-500 Int. Amp and she is doing about 770wpc into 4ohms, very clean sounding and dynamic power, it always does a great job with any speaker I have and I won't be looking for anything anytime soon till this one bites the dust.
post #26353 of 26356 Old Today, 04:29 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
When I had the original C1's I was using a Bryston B100sst (180W @4ohm ) then switched to the Octave V70se (70W @4ohm ). Even though the V70 has less than 1/2 the power the V70 sounded so much better and not as dry and better control. Still had to crank it quite a bit with either amp to get the best sound and put a big smile on my face. Then I upgraded to the C1 Sig. Didn't have to listen as loud to sound the best. Then I upgraded the V70 to the V110 (110W @4ohm ). A hair better control even at lower listening levels.
post #26354 of 26356 Old Today, 09:14 AM

Quote:
no quarter: I am using a Musical Fidelity KW-500 Int. Amp and she is doing about 770wpc into 4ohms, very clean sounding and dynamic power, it always does a great job with any speaker I have and I won't be looking for anything anytime soon till this one bites the dust.
Garman,the c2s are actually easier to drive than the c1s i believe...87db vs 85db .I was just on the dynaudio site...has anyone ever tried the professional series for home use?There is a speaker called m3xe moniter,look it up ...holy s_ _t it has 2, 12 inch drivers... 2, 6 inch mids...
and esotar 2 tweeter.Then there is this beast of an amp they pair with it delivering 2400 watts.
Check it out ,theres a little video there to watch about it.No idea what those would be worth?
but it says 135dbs/spl peak power...THAT would be some party speaker

post #26355 of 26356 Old Today, 10:23 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Garman,the c2s are actually easier to drive than the c1s i believe...87db vs 85db .I was just on the dynaudio site...has anyone ever tried the professional series for home use?There is a speaker called m3xe moniter,look it up ...holy s_ _t it has 2, 12 inch drivers... 2, 6 inch mids...
and esotar 2 tweeter.Then there is this beast of an amp they pair with it delivering 2400 watts.
Check it out ,theres a little video there to watch about it.No idea what those would be worth?
but it says 135dbs/spl peak power...THAT would be some party speaker
You are correct, I had the MF KW500 at the time I had my C1s originals and C1 MKII and C2 originals and remember they were harder to drive. I sold my KW-500 to a doctor friend and then I bought it back from him 4 years later because he was never using it, I ended up getting the better deal in the long run!

George: I hear you, still looking at Raidho down the road....
post #26356 of 26356 Unread Today, 07:06 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 300 Post(s)
Liked: 158
Quote:
George: I hear you, still looking at Raidho down the road....
Gar if the day comes where you prefer Raidho's over Dyn's that's great. If not that's great too. No one ever said Dyn is nothing but a world class speaker. They serve their purpose as a very dynamic speaker with a world class sound. Raidho's like Wilson - Magico - Polymer etc are not for everyone. But if you want an out of this world sound Raidho's may do it for you like it did for me and some others.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page