Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 880 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 767Likes

post #26371 of 26376 Old Today, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I have not received the 3rd C1 yet, they did not have 3 in the US, however my plan is to drive it from 1 channel of another HCA-1000A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26372 of 26376 Old Today, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 652 Post(s)
Liked: 214
Speaking for C1s, here are a few pictures of the Originals and MKII that I had.. I had a chance to compare them I didn't notice any major differences but I did with the C2 (originals) and newer Platinums, as noted via Georges and my ears.

http://www.parasound.com/vintage/hca1000a.php

From a technically standpoint they are not bad Amp, but I think if your looking at doing that much 2 channel listening your better off with a decent Int. Amp with HT pass through, that way you can use the Amp for the front two channels use your HCA-1000 you have now for the center, and when your just listening to music run your front channels through the Int. Amp, kind of the best of both worlds. The Musical Fidelity piece even has more clean power going to them and will do 400wpc into a 4ohms.

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploa...a55int_eng.pdf

You just price the HT/Aux button on the front of the Amp and it will bypass the Pre/Amp and Act as just an Amp and you can run the Outlaw pre/amp as you where before. The A3.5. A5 and A5.5 all had this feature as do some other manufactures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1165.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	857298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	857306  

Last edited by Garman; Today at 12:08 PM.
post #26373 of 26376 Old Today, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 226 Post(s)
Liked: 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Speaking for C1s, here are a few pictures of the Originals and MKII that I had.. I had a chance to compare them I didn't notice any major differences but I did with the C2 (originals) and newer Platinums, as noted via Georges and my ears.

http://www.parasound.com/vintage/hca1000a.php

From a technically standpoint they are not bad Amp, but I think if your looking at doing that much 2 channel listening your better off with a decent Int. Amp with HT pass through, that way you can use the Amp for the front two channels use your HCA-1000 you have now for the center, and when your just listening to music run your front channels through the Int. Amp, kind of the best of both worlds. The Musical Fidelity piece even has more clean power going to them and will do 400wpc into a 4ohms.

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploa...a55int_eng.pdf

You just price the HT/Aux button on the front of the Amp and it will bypass the Pre/Amp and Act as just an Amp and you can run the Outlaw pre/amp as you where before. The A3.5. A5 and A5.5 all had this feature as do some other manufactures.
How would you compare the SS 2.5s to the C1s. Mostly referring to the bass output and spl output, not trying for a which sounds better debate.
post #26374 of 26376 Old Today, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 306 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
How would you compare the SS 2.5s to the C1s. Mostly referring to the bass output and spl output, not trying for a which sounds better debate.
I would say the 2.5's will go a little bit lower and louder. After all the 2.5's have dual woofers and a larger cabinet.
post #26375 of 26376 Old Today, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 445 Post(s)
Liked: 666
Thought you guys might find this of interest; since this is a subject...kind of on Dyn owner's minds these days.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...-made-usa.html

SYSTEMS-
#1: Aurender N100H>Ayre QB-9 DSD>Luxman L-505uX (Ayre AX-7 out for evolution upgrade)>PMC Twenty 26s/KEF Reference 1s
#2: C.A.P.S.>SOtM sDP-1000>Wyred4Sound mAMPS>Dynaudio X-14s

Founder-E.S.A.C. esac.club
post #26376 of 26376 Old Today, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Thought you guys might find this of interest; since this is a subject...kind of on Dyn owner's minds these days.

http://www.avsforum.com/forum/89-spe...-made-usa.html
Cd,i did not read the whole link,youre not telling us that dyn's are now being manufactured in China are you
That would piss some people off.Are you still waiting on your stands?

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page