Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 880 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 769Likes
post #26371 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 11:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 61 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I have not received the 3rd C1 yet, they did not have 3 in the US, however my plan is to drive it from 1 channel of another HCA-1000A.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #26372 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 11:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Speaking for C1s, here are a few pictures of the Originals and MKII that I had.. I had a chance to compare them I didn't notice any major differences but I did with the C2 (originals) and newer Platinums, as noted via Georges and my ears.

http://www.parasound.com/vintage/hca1000a.php

From a technically standpoint they are not bad Amp, but I think if your looking at doing that much 2 channel listening your better off with a decent Int. Amp with HT pass through, that way you can use the Amp for the front two channels use your HCA-1000 you have now for the center, and when your just listening to music run your front channels through the Int. Amp, kind of the best of both worlds. The Musical Fidelity piece even has more clean power going to them and will do 400wpc into a 4ohms.

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploa...a55int_eng.pdf

You just price the HT/Aux button on the front of the Amp and it will bypass the Pre/Amp and Act as just an Amp and you can run the Outlaw pre/amp as you where before. The A3.5. A5 and A5.5 all had this feature as do some other manufactures.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF1165.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	46.8 KB
ID:	857298   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0436.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	93.0 KB
ID:	857306  

Last edited by Garman; 07-29-2015 at 12:08 PM.
post #26373 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 01:23 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 230 Post(s)
Liked: 326
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Speaking for C1s, here are a few pictures of the Originals and MKII that I had.. I had a chance to compare them I didn't notice any major differences but I did with the C2 (originals) and newer Platinums, as noted via Georges and my ears.

http://www.parasound.com/vintage/hca1000a.php

From a technically standpoint they are not bad Amp, but I think if your looking at doing that much 2 channel listening your better off with a decent Int. Amp with HT pass through, that way you can use the Amp for the front two channels use your HCA-1000 you have now for the center, and when your just listening to music run your front channels through the Int. Amp, kind of the best of both worlds. The Musical Fidelity piece even has more clean power going to them and will do 400wpc into a 4ohms.

http://www.musicalfidelity.com/uploa...a55int_eng.pdf

You just price the HT/Aux button on the front of the Amp and it will bypass the Pre/Amp and Act as just an Amp and you can run the Outlaw pre/amp as you where before. The A3.5. A5 and A5.5 all had this feature as do some other manufactures.
How would you compare the SS 2.5s to the C1s. Mostly referring to the bass output and spl output, not trying for a which sounds better debate.
post #26374 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
How would you compare the SS 2.5s to the C1s. Mostly referring to the bass output and spl output, not trying for a which sounds better debate.
I would say the 2.5's will go a little bit lower and louder. After all the 2.5's have dual woofers and a larger cabinet.
post #26375 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 05:34 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Thought you guys might find this of interest; since this is a subject...kind of on Dyn owner's minds these days.

Would you buy a 10K Chinese Made Speaker labelled Made in USA ??

SYSTEMS-
#1: Aurender N100H>Ayre QB-9 DSD>Luxman L-505uX (Ayre AX-7 out for evolution upgrade)>PMC Twenty 26s/KEF Reference 1s
#2: C.A.P.S.>SOtM sDP-1000>Wyred4Sound mAMPS>Dynaudio X-14s

Founder-E.S.A.C. esac.club
post #26376 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 10:00 PM

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post
Thought you guys might find this of interest; since this is a subject...kind of on Dyn owner's minds these days.

Cd,i did not read the whole link,youre not telling us that dyn's are now being manufactured in China are you
That would piss some people off.Are you still waiting on your stands?

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player
post #26377 of 26384 Old 07-29-2015, 10:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 653 Post(s)
Liked: 215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spurrier Sucks View Post
I never had a pair of 2.5 and C1's at the same time, so I wouldn't know and I wouldn't want to go off an assumption. Those are older pictures of my C1s...

CD: That thread will go downhill fast, I don't think the FTC even has a grip anymore trying to explain it. We got Dynaudio owned by the Chinese still made in Denmark and Germany and they you have Raidho/Scansonic, where the cabinets are made in China.... This amount of confusion for the consumer is ridiculous but the amount of profits I am sure are much greater for companies having certain things made in China... I have never been a fan of ChiFi gear, some of it isn't bad but the amount of profits they are making if everything is made there is very profitable for them. I get the whole global playing field etc.. but the global market place is far from fair, when you don't have to follow strict guidelines when building some thing in Europe or the US verses China. Radio and Scansonics cabinets are made in China, too keep the cost down, the problem is the speakers are still overly expensive, well the Raidho are.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.

Last edited by Garman; 07-29-2015 at 10:45 PM.
post #26378 of 26384 Old Yesterday, 03:45 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 307 Post(s)
Liked: 160
Quote:
Originally Posted by CDLehner View Post

Mislabeling is one thing but for all who thinks China is all that bad remember where Apple products are made I still say the finish on the Raidho D1 and D2 is better than the C1 and C4 Signatures.
post #26379 of 26384 Old Yesterday, 06:29 AM

Quoted: 63 Post(s)
Liked: 56
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Mislabeling is one thing but for all who thinks China is all that bad remember where Apple products are made I still say the finish on the Raidho D1 and D2 is better than the C1 and C4 Signatures.
I bit more honesty/truthfulness in labeling would be nice but I don't think that will happen. Greed drives a lot of decision making in business; I think most of us would acknowledge that, hence the moves to Asia. Sadly, they do not have the type of safety controls we have here for protection.

That said, show the Chinese what you want and they can and will figure out how to make it. It's up to the specifier to decide the acceptable levels of production quality. I have an iPhone and it seems manufactured rather well for my purposes. I've no doubts on their skills. We badmouthed Japan for decades until they showed us they could make better products than we could.

After all that I believe it comes down to one's personal world view and prejudices.
OctaDyn_Dude likes this.
post #26380 of 26384 Old Yesterday, 06:51 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 453 Post(s)
Liked: 668
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Cd,i did not read the whole link,youre not telling us that dyn's are now being manufactured in China are you
That would piss some people off.Are you still waiting on your stands?
Yeah; I think most probably skimmed it. The point is not so much Chinese production means inferior quality (and I'm on record as a fan of Chi-Fi; however...electronics and wood/cabinet-making, are different ballgames; especially amid some of the reports about Chinese wood). The point is more...should a speaker be labeled "made in the USA", if the cabinet is made in China...the drivers are from Scandinavia; and the crossover is likely outsourced too.

I have no horse in this race; but Craig (the OP) is a friend, and I do see his point.

Yes; I am still waiting on my stands NQ. I was hoping they'd be here for the weekend; but it looks like Monday

SYSTEMS-
#1: Aurender N100H>Ayre QB-9 DSD>Luxman L-505uX (Ayre AX-7 out for evolution upgrade)>PMC Twenty 26s/KEF Reference 1s
#2: C.A.P.S.>SOtM sDP-1000>Wyred4Sound mAMPS>Dynaudio X-14s

Founder-E.S.A.C. esac.club
post #26381 of 26384 Old Yesterday, 09:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by COmusicaddict View Post
I bit more honesty/truthfulness in labeling would be nice but I don't think that will happen. Greed drives a lot of decision making in business; I think most of us would acknowledge that, hence the moves to Asia. Sadly, they do not have the type of safety controls we have here for protection.

That said, show the Chinese what you want and they can and will figure out how to make it. It's up to the specifier to decide the acceptable levels of production quality. I have an iPhone and it seems manufactured rather well for my purposes. I've no doubts on their skills. We badmouthed Japan for decades until they showed us they could make better products than we could.

After all that I believe it comes down to one's personal world view and prejudices.
Naim released an all in one player last year...the "Muso",which is built in China.This irritated some of the die-hard fans,apparently they have one of their British engineers over there to ensure/oversee the quality control.They say there was no way to produce this "entry level" unit in England and keep the cost down where it is.I have heard this unit,quite good for what it is

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player
post #26382 of 26384 Old Today, 09:25 AM

Guys ,just picked up my new Cary 500.1 mono-block for my confidence center...I will not have time today to hook it up
but i will get it playing tomorrow.It should be interesting to see/hear what 1000 watts can do for the confidence center

post #26383 of 26384 Old Today, 10:33 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 280 Post(s)
Liked: 170
Nice buddy! I'm sure that'll sound really good. When are the XD600s arriving?

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF2 MK4, Oppo BDP-103,
NaimUniti 2, Marantz SR7007, 55" Panasonic Plasma
post #26384 of 26384 Unread Today, 11:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Nice buddy! I'm sure that'll sound really good. When are the XD600s arriving?
Should be about 3 more weeks callas,This weekend I am going to use my excite 12's for L/R front channels,the neat iota's for surrounds...AND now the new Cary monoblock on the confidence centerI will probably let it play 24/7 for a couple of weeks to break it in,I will post my impressions

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page