Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 888 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 796Likes
post #26611 of 26611 Unread Today, 06:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 87 Post(s)
Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
Otto,

Listening to the Focus XD400 and my Naim Uniti2 / Focus 260s I found the XDs voicing to be closer to the Confidence line, but all the other subjective sounds to be very close to the same. Comparing these 2 they are very similarly priced and performance was about the same. I think the passive line is a little more tipped up sounding in the lower treble more along the lines of the S25 or Sapphire, but otherwise, bass response, details, soundstage layout, were very similar.

Maybe you could shed some light on another topic thats been floating around? Are the passive Focus speakers being discontinued? If so, will we see a replacement? Or will it just be lost? From my understanding the Focus line has been the biggest seller since its introduction, so why would you kill it off?

Lastly, will we be seeing a 40th anniversary product?
Callas,did you have a home demo with the xd 400's?I was wondering if you tried them for just 2 channel... Or in your 5.1 setup too.One of the things I really like about the xd's is they work really well in 2 channel and 7.1 too.Also i don't worry about the drivers popping when I crank it up

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page