Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 9 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 
 85Likes

post #241 of 22876 Old 01-04-2007, 07:57 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Either way, I still want one. I am going to wait and get a pair off Audiogon. Either C1 or Contours S3.4 (hey, I like the way they look).

I wander if the new Audience line which is suppose to have the new "industrial" look will look similar to the Confidence and Contour line?

Back to the review,I could do without the foul language but it is one of the few reviews out there on this great speaker. I also agree the Linn Unidisk is one heck of a player (you can get a good deal on one of those on Audiogon too).
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #242 of 22876 Old 01-04-2007, 09:20 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post

Let me know what you think of that soft black once you get it.

Keep in mind that Dynaudio has traditionally always used Simaudio as their reference amplifiers. I use the Simaudio Titan with our Contour 5.4's with excellent results. They are very high current, fully balanced, and gorgeous to look at as well.

Bryston also sounds great with Dyne. Ive heard great things about Cary Audio, but have never used their products personally.

Also consider, Parasound Halo A51.

Actually, Dynaudio uses its own amplifier for reference, the Arbiter.
post #243 of 22876 Old 01-04-2007, 09:24 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisWiggles View Post

To be clear there are different 1.3 speakers.

And I'll bet 100 bucks the SE version outperforms the Focus. The SE is a very special speaker and a bonified bargain at its used pricing these days.
post #244 of 22876 Old 01-04-2007, 11:06 PM

Liked: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by KeithR View Post

And I'll bet 100 bucks the SE version outperforms the Focus. The SE is a very special speaker and a bonified bargain at its used pricing these days.

I haven't heard the focus series, but the 1.3SE was friggen awesome. Unbelievable bass from that speaker. I wanted it right then, but it was 10x the price of the speakers I could afford at the time.
post #245 of 22876 Old 01-04-2007, 11:35 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Liked: 13
Quote:

Actually, Dynaudio uses its own amplifier for reference, the Arbiter.

The Arbiter is only used in house. When they are doing shows, and testing with mass-market products they use Simaudio.

As far as I know they dont even produce the Arbiter products anymore.
post #246 of 22876 Old 01-05-2007, 05:05 AM

[quote]Just out of curiousity, do the Dynaudio speakers sell cheaper in the states than they do in Denmark? I know they have a hefty VAT tax over there but was curious as I may be going over there in the next year or so.

Hey Randy....no one ever answered your question. I am a hifi-nut from Denmark...be warned, EVERYTHING is expensive in Denmark. Dynaudio has a VERY, VERY limited presence in Denmark. Only 3-5(if that) shops in the whole country carry the brand. I beleive almost 99.8% of their production goes overseas. mANY DANES DON' T EVEN KNOW THAT dYNAUDIO IS DANISH!!!!(oops cap's lock). Also a thing to consider is the bad exchange rate at the moment, when you are american. We danes get alot of good gear at the moment from the US because of this.
Anyway...Dynaudios are friggin' great great speakers..........heard about Audiovector, also a serious danish brand, also Dali and Gamut......great stuff!!
post #247 of 22876 Old 01-05-2007, 06:06 AM

[quote=Anderslober]
Quote:

Just out of curiousity, do the Dynaudio speakers sell cheaper in the states than they do in Denmark? I know they have a hefty VAT tax over there but was curious as I may be going over there in the next year or so.

Hey Randy....no one ever answered your question. I am a hifi-nut from Denmark...be warned, EVERYTHING is expensive in Denmark. Dynaudio has a VERY, VERY limited presence in Denmark. Only 3-5(if that) shops in the whole country carry the brand. I beleive almost 99.8% of their production goes overseas. mANY DANES DON' T EVEN KNOW THAT dYNAUDIO IS DANISH!!!!(oops cap's lock). Also a thing to consider is the bad exchange rate at the moment, when you are american. We danes get alot of good gear at the moment from the US because of this.
Anyway...Dynaudios are friggin' great great speakers..........heard about Audiovector, also a serious danish brand, also Dali and Gamut......great stuff!!

Dali Helicons are great too...............they have a different tone than Dyns but good nonetheless.........I read that Dynaudio is going to increase their OEM car business (slowly,so as to get it right) and thus increase their brand awareness(ala Bose). With Volvo and VW as partners I wander who the future customers will be ( I am guessing makers associated with VW such as Audi or Porsche.)

Back to my original question...........anyone have an idea what the new Audience will look like.
post #248 of 22876 Old 01-09-2007, 08:13 AM

What are the new products for Dynaudio?
post #249 of 22876 Old 01-09-2007, 02:12 PM

I don't believe that there will be much. I did however see some new multimedia speakers that will retail for $1299. Could be very interesting for a high end type computer speaker.
post #250 of 22876 Old 01-09-2007, 02:49 PM
Advanced Member

http://www.dynaudio.de/eng/home/events25.php

Just some tidbits as to what Dyn. is doing at CES this year...
post #251 of 22876 Old 01-10-2007, 07:32 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Dynaudio 42 SAT and the MC15 multimedia speakers (looks very similar to BM5A Compact)

http://www.soundstage2.com/lasvegas2...y_jan09_1.html
post #252 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 07:46 AM

Hello! This is my first post on this forum! I've just upgraded my focus 110 to 140 and received them yesterday, so i wonder how much break in time the 140 needs. I know the review in Stereophile said about 250 hours. Whats you're opinion? Does the big differences happen in the beginning of the break in period?

Otherwise they're great, sound so much better than the Focus 110, i think!
post #253 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 08:15 AM

so... your "non broken in" 140s sound "so much better" than your 110s you "think" ?
post #254 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 08:16 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
Quote:

i wonder how much break in time the 140 needs.

Congrats and welcome to the world of Dynaudio. The Focus 140 is a really good looking and sounding speaker. My shop is doing quite well with this line.

As for break in time, it's been my experience this is less of a need below the Contour line. Personally, I do not think it's a need or issue at all. With the Confidence series I've noticed some improvement, but straight out of the box the C1 monitor is still the best monitor I've ever heard. With the C2 and C4 I did get some improvement over time, but I can't say it was actually due to break in as we were also experimenting with room location.

Tony G. Cordova, President
Showplace Oklahoma - Showplace Theater & Sound
"We put the SHOW in your PLACE."
post #255 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 09:30 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dynfan View Post

http://www.dynaudio.de/eng/home/events25.php

Just some tidbits as to what Dyn. is doing at CES this year...

Unfortunately, Dyn. chose to do only static displays at CES no listening availible. Too bad.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau
post #256 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 09:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tex-amp View Post

Unfortunately, Dyn. chose to do only static displays at CES no listening availible. Too bad.

I haven't been to CES but have attended Cedia and Comdex. As I recall they did the same thing at Cedia. CES is such a large show I wouldn't think you could really do much critical listening on the show floor. It would still be fun to have a quick listen.
post #257 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 09:50 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenrosencpa View Post

I haven't been to CES but have attended Cedia and Comdex. As I recall they did the same thing at Cedia. CES is such a large show I wouldn't think you could really do much critical listening on the show floor. It would still be fun to have a quick listen.

They could have easily been in the Venetian suites with most of the other audio companies instead of the convention hall floor.

The only others I can only remember choosing to be static only were Paradigm and Wharfedale/Quad. There may have been more.

Go confidently in the direction of your dreams. Live the life you have imagined. ~ Henry David Thoreau
post #258 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by goatwuss View Post

so... your "non broken in" 140s sound "so much better" than your 110s you "think" ?

In some ways, yes! The mids has lots of more presence then the 110 even not broken in. But the bass was much better on the demo speakers i had from the shop.
post #259 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 03:49 PM

I have Dynaudio Audience 82's up front, and Audience 40's in the back.
Amplification provided by Audio Refinement Pre 2 DSP + Parasound amps.
I absolutely love the sound! 8)

The 82's are the first pair of speakers that sound so good that I don't feel the need to upgrade.
I have a 10" Boston Acoustics sub, but I prefer the bass through just the 82's alone; they sound much tighter.
The 40's doing surround sound are mounted close to the wall, so they have the foam port plug in. They're pretty good, but have nothing like the impact and dynamism of the floor-standing 82's.
I have another pair of Audience 40's that I'm in the process of biamping (DIY).
Initial results on one speaker sound encouraging; will have to biamp the other to know for sure.

I only wish my car had a Dynaudio package, instead of Bose! :P
post #260 of 22876 Old 01-11-2007, 06:39 PM

Here is another review of the Focus lineup.

http://hometheaterhifi.com/volume_14...07-part-1.html
post #261 of 22876 Old 01-12-2007, 01:38 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Freight company says 1/15 delivery of my Confidence 2s (new to me but 1.5 yrs old) Can't wait.

Any leads on a good Confidence Center in natural maple would be much appreciated. Heard that demo unit start hitting after CES etc.
post #262 of 22876 Old 01-14-2007, 04:34 AM
AVS Club Gold

Apparently, they launched a line for desktop/computer use at CES:

http://legacy.macnn.com/articles/07/...5.pc.speakers/

I'm a little surprised that more high-end speaker manufacturers haven't gotten into this market. There certainly is enough room for both low-end offerings as well as high-end ones like this.

Jeff

I'm nerdy in the extreme, I'm whiter than sour cream...
post #263 of 22876 Old 01-14-2007, 06:27 AM
AVS Club Gold

More coverage of the new line:

http://blog.stereophile.com/ces2007/011107dynaudio/

Jeff

I'm nerdy in the extreme, I'm whiter than sour cream...
post #264 of 22876 Old 01-16-2007, 03:45 PM

BigHat.............................nice.
post #265 of 22876 Old 01-16-2007, 03:47 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Quote:
Originally Posted by wgerman View Post

BigHat.............................nice.

Thanks. I deleted the post because I couldn't see the pics on my browser. You obviously did. Guess I need to repost.

I have since moved the equipment rack against the right wall so I could better balance placement of the C2s.
LL
LL
post #266 of 22876 Old 01-16-2007, 04:45 PM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgbyhkr View Post

Apparently, they launched a line for desktop/computer use at CES:

http://legacy.macnn.com/articles/07/...5.pc.speakers/

I'm a little surprised that more high-end speaker manufacturers haven't gotten into this market. There certainly is enough room for both low-end offerings as well as high-end ones like this.

Jeff

From external appearance they look nearly identical to Dynaudio Acoustics BM5A Compact studio monitors. Only differences I see are the pro version does not have a grills, stands and uses XLR connectors. Pricing is a bit confusing at it retails for more than the full size BM5A. Is Dynaudio try to milk the iPod crowd?

http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Default.asp?Id=6611
http://www.dynaudioacoustics.com/Default.asp?Id=3680
post #267 of 22876 Old 01-16-2007, 09:57 PM

Whatever happened to the new Audience line? Competiton is getting fierce in this segment with B&W,Focal and Dali already having new and improved products in the market place.
post #268 of 22876 Old 01-16-2007, 10:23 PM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgerman View Post

Whatever happened to the new Audience line? Competiton is getting fierce in this segment with B&W,Focal and Dali already having new and improved products in the market place.

They will be debuting in May.
post #269 of 22876 Old 01-16-2007, 10:25 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AudioArchitect View Post

The Arbiter is only used in house. When they are doing shows, and testing with mass-market products they use Simaudio.

As far as I know they dont even produce the Arbiter products anymore.

Correct---but I would say reference doesn't mean who they travel with. Rather, what they design with. As most speaker manufacturers use a variety of amps in design, i think its a tad misleading to conclude as some will that "because dyn uses/likes sim, then i should buy sim."

To be honest, i've never really like the Dyn/Sim combo at shows i've been to. They need a more dynamic amp. Krell with a tube preamp is sublime. Plinius is also very popular. It's all very subjective.

ChrisWiggles: my buddy still has his 1.3SEs and has gotten usable bass in the 30s. That's ridiculous for the 1.3SEs diminutive size. He was going to upgrade to 25s but did not like the balance of the speaker and kept the 1.3SEs---now, the C1 is a different story and will probaby be his next step if he ever decides to upgrade. He's had the speaks for 5-6 years now.
post #270 of 22876 Old 01-17-2007, 01:50 AM - Thread Starter
AVS Special Member

Quote:

Correct---but I would say reference doesn't mean who they travel with. Rather, what they design with. As most speaker manufacturers use a variety of amps in design, i think its a tad misleading to conclude as some will that "because dyn uses/likes sim, then i should buy sim."

To be honest, i've never really like the Dyn/Sim combo at shows i've been to. They need a more dynamic amp. Krell with a tube preamp is sublime. Plinius is also very popular. It's all very subjective.

I hope you are not basing Dyn/Sim demos based on show setups. I am just stating a fact that they are highly partial to Simaudio products. In light of this, you or anyone else can make their own judgement.

Krell
Classe
Plinius
Bryston
Parasound

Theres lots of good solid state amps.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page