Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 920 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #27571 of 27572 Old Today, 10:50 AM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 59 Post(s)
Liked: 21
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
+1 the Bryston will hold its own (although a tad dry sounding). Yes Octave is available in the US through Dynaudio. I had the Bryston B100 and traded it for the V70se. The Octave V70se had better control over the instruments and vocals. I had both the V70se and later the V110. I didn't care for the KT120's in the V110 and used Ei KT90's in high power mode. But I had C1's and later C1 sig's. I haven't heard the V80SE but I would think it would be much better because of the KT150's. I had a friend that drove his C4 Sig's with the original V80. Sounded just fine.

Also since around the 1st of this year Octave has dropped its pricing due to the low value of the Euro. My V110 listed for $8200 when I got mine and dropped to $7000 when I traded it in May.
That was even worse on the my 4B-ST, Improved a lot on my 6B-SST in terms of musicality and I am sure the SST² is even better and that would probably also be true if you had run the the 135 SST² but I don't think it would come close to the character of the V110. I did hear the C1 paired with V110 and 160 paired with V40se, both combos were very engaging.

Sudgen A21se IA, Arcam AVR400, Bryston 6B-SST Bel Canto DAC 3.5 VB, Totem Fires L/R Dusk, Totem Tribe III on wall Dusk , Mites Design Surrounds Dusk, JL Audio Fathom F113 Piano Black, Oppo BDP103D.

Office setup, Wadia 151 power DAC mini, Dynaudio X-12 Maple. BIS Audio, Nordost, Audioquest.
Sponsored Links
post #27572 of 27572 Old Today, 11:46 AM
AVS Club Gold
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 68
FYI I replaced my Focus 160 surrounds with a pair of XD200. So much for surrounds not being important

This has made an incredible difference in the system. XD600 and a Confidence Center channel for fronts. I cannot wait until the XD center comes out.

The problem is I want to use XD200s for my two sets of Auro Heights....14K is a bit much but it would be awesome!

I know it sounds great and looks great.....but can we communicate with it? If not it is useless:)
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers

Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page