Dynaudio Owner's Thread - Page 935 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 1162Likes

post #28021 of 28032 Old 02-06-2016, 06:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 192
If I recall correctly the C1 Platinums were $9500 and the stand6 were $650. My C1 Sigs were $8500 and the black/chrome stand4's were $850 (standard stand4 were $450)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #28022 of 28032 Old 02-06-2016, 06:58 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 92
They're in the same price range as the KEF Reference 1 with their stands, more expensive than KEF without. I'd love to know about any comparisons. Fit & finish appears to be at equal levels.

System includes KEF R500 floor standing, R200C center, R100 surrounds, SVS SB1000 subwoofer, NAD T758 receiver, Bluesound Vault, Sony BDP-S480 BlueRay player, Samsung UN55JU6500F 4K LED TV, KEF M500 headphones, Sony CDP-CE500 CD changer, MCS System cassette deck, AudioTechnica LP260 turntable. The last 3 items are dust collectors but will work if asked.
post #28023 of 28032 Old 02-06-2016, 09:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 474 Post(s)
Liked: 262
C1 Plats are $8750 list price

Dynaudio Focus 260s, Focus 210C, DM 2/6, Hsu VTF3 MK5 HP, Oppo BDP-103, NaimUniti 2, Naim Stageline N, Pro-ject 2xperience Classic, Marantz SR7007, 60" 4K Samsung LED LCD
post #28024 of 28032 Old 02-06-2016, 11:49 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 134
Quote:
Originally Posted by KenM10759 View Post
They're in the same price range as the KEF Reference 1 with their stands, more expensive than KEF without. I'd love to know about any comparisons. Fit & finish appears to be at equal levels.
I've owned both and both at the top of their game. It is totally down to listener choice and what you hear and desire in a world class monitor.

I felt KEF was better at lower listening levels despite the fact the latest version of C1 was supposed to resolve this. I heard no real world difference although others might disagree. Dynaudio needs juice to feel engaged to me. But KEF is a harder load. I am feeding massive loads of current with mono block amps and it seems they want even more at times. I would call this a negative to KEF but I'm covered here.

I have owned soft dome for years and wanted something different this time. KEF is not bright but to me more engaging. Again a new acquired taste over the past year as C1 is still incredible.

I give fit and finish both transducer and stand to KEF. Again personal taste but when up close and personal to both you can see the designers path to a hand built speaker. KEF in wood is second to none except Sonus Faber. Dynaudio approach is around lacquers and might add other wood options to their next high end replacements.

All personal choices. Both spectacular. I think KEF has done it all with this line.

Pick your poison and be happy.

Rick
KenM10759 likes this.

Last edited by Mr.SoftDome; 02-06-2016 at 11:53 AM.
post #28025 of 28032 Old 02-06-2016, 02:47 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 414 Post(s)
Liked: 192
Quote:
Originally Posted by callas01 View Post
C1 Plats are $8750 list price
Looks like they compensated for the Euro. It was $9500 when they came out.
Thanks for the update Steve
post #28026 of 28032 Old 02-07-2016, 06:20 AM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by OctaDyn_Dude View Post
Looks like they compensated for the Euro. It was $9500 when they came out.
Thanks for the update Steve
My c1 mk11's in white were 8500 Canadian dollars,and the white is considered a Premium finish.The Canadian dollar has taken a big nose dive since then,so you would be paying much more now(with exchange rate),i believe the stand 4 was 500 and stand 6 was 600 Canadian dollars...i have owned the stand 3,4 and 6,only the stand 3 remains,on my excite 12's.
A little follow up to an earlier post i had...i spoke to my dealer this week,he is keeping the Focal sopra 1's at home,and brought his c1 platinum's back to the store,they are now for sale.
i am not trying to bash the c1's,just telling you what he told me...he said the mid's and tweeter's were more detailed on the Sopra's,and the bottom end was about equal between the two.Turns out he is using a Cyrus 70 watt amp to drive them,and a Simaudio Dac.He said he was going to try something with a bit more power...but the Sopra's sounded really good with only 70 watts.I have still not heard the Sopra's myself,but i would say Dynaudio needs to up their game/make changes with their Confidence line...or they may start losing some loyal customers to the likes of Focal and Kef(Mr Softdome)...i hope they do,the confidence series has been around forever it seems,with only cosmetic changes and minor tweeks to the
crossover's and tweeter coating...Yawn.

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player,paradigm moniter 90-p
post #28027 of 28032 Old Yesterday, 06:30 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 271
no quarter: Speakers are a matter of personal taste, and I can't tell you how many times I have gone in and listen to other speakers over and over because some one was saying they where way better. I agree with you there should be refinements made but I hated every Focal I have heard so far and I wouldn't even include them in my top 10 speakers.. Now KEF on the other hand I have had, and have and there new Reference line is pretty sweet even down to their less expensive stuff. Dynaudo's Esotar2 to my ears is still one of the better tweeters made, this is what counts to me. Loved the new XDs as well but heard them side by side and the Confidence still sounded better overall and more balanced (again my opinion) , this hobby is subjective as hell these days, but the word better gets a tad irritating after awhile. I can always strive for better but typically I like buying a great speaker and living with it for 10+ years before I dumb down more cash for some thing new and or different.

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Musical Fidelity,KEF, etc......
Founding Charter Member: E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)

Last edited by Garman; Yesterday at 07:08 PM.
post #28028 of 28032 Old Yesterday, 07:34 PM

Quoted: 206 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
no quarter: Speakers are a matter of personal taste, and I can't tell you how many times I have gone in and listen to other speakers over and over because some one was saying they where way better. I agree with you there should be refinements made but I hated every Focal I have heard so far and I wouldn't even include them in my top 10 speakers.. Now KEF on the other hand I have had, and have and there new Reference line is pretty sweet even down to their less expensive stuff. Dynaudo's Esotar2 to my ears is still one of the better tweeters made, this is what counts to me. Loved the new XDs as well but heard them side by side and the Confidence still sounded better overall and more balanced (again my opinion) , this hobby is subjective as hell these days, but the word better gets a tad irritating after awhile. I can always strive for better but typically I like buying a great speaker and living with it for 10+ years before I dumb down more cash for some thing new and or different.
Garman
Hey man,I love my xd600's,and like I said...I have not heard the Sopra's yet myself.I have heard the aria's,and they didn't do much to wow me,but that was just low volume listening,not a real demo...and to be honest,I don't care for the looks of most Focal's,but the sopra line really caught my eye...thus the interest.Raidho XT 1 sure looks nice too,another speaker I have not heard yet.
On another subject...Have any xd owners tried a turntable with their xd's,If so,how does it sound?Maybe Otto has heard a TT setup with xd's?

7.2-Cary audio cinema 12 , focus xd 600, confidence centre, excite12, neat iota, Cary 500.1 monoblock, anthem mca-50, 2 Jl-audio fathom 112s, 65 inch Panasonic 3d plasma, marantz-blueray
2 channel-naim supernait 2, hi-cap Dr, uniqute 2, chord hugo, teac pd-501 DSd player,paradigm moniter 90-p
post #28029 of 28032 Old Today, 01:54 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by Garman View Post
Dynaudo's Esotar2 to my ears is still one of the better tweeters made, this is what counts to me.
This is exactly what counts for me too. No beryllium, ceramic, diamond, metal dome or ribbon tweeters for me. Besides that I like Dynaudio's philosophy of creating neutral sounding speakers which I think is perfectly represented in the Confidence C1 that I will keep for many years to come.

Garman likes this.
post #28030 of 28032 Old Today, 02:03 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 783 Post(s)
Liked: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by no quarter View Post
Garman
Hey man,I love my xd600's,and like I said...I have not heard the Sopra's yet myself.I have heard the aria's,and they didn't do much to wow me,but that was just low volume listening,not a real demo...and to be honest,I don't care for the looks of most Focal's,but the sopra line really caught my eye...thus the interest.Raidho XT 1 sure looks nice too,another speaker I have not heard yet.
On another subject...Have any xd owners tried a turntable with their xd's,If so,how does it sound?Maybe Otto has heard a TT setup with xd's?
no quarter: The XD600 are an excellent speaker, and they cut down the clutter of having other equipment and have a very clean look too them, I loved them. They have similar traits as the Focus line, but lets not forget some companies come out with stuff too fast and then it can devalue the stuff you have, I hear people complain about this more. Heck with MF gear, which I like, they would come up with stuff every 2-3 years, then they changed it to every 6 months to a year and it made people more mad. lol I think if you make some thing well, especially a speaker stick with it, your really can't change the outside design too much as most speaker are just boxes with drivers.

Dynfidel: I am with you, my ears always gravitate back towards the well made Dynaudio Softdome tweeter... I have KEF and Magnepan which I also like but the C2 Platinums are hear to stay for another 10 years!

Dynaudio,Magnepan,Musical Fidelity,KEF, etc......
Founding Charter Member: E.S.A.C. (Eastern Shore Audio Collective)

Last edited by Garman; Today at 02:07 PM.
post #28031 of 28032 Old Today, 02:23 PM

Quoted: 78 Post(s)
Liked: 54
honestly has their been any major advances in passive speaker technology in the last 15 years? Innovation is and will come in the digital domain IMHO. Maybe Confidence XD !? That would be a tough market niche to crack I bet.

The fit and finish comment is very interesting to me. I almost cant image A better crafted cabinet than the confidence speakers. I can imagine differently crafted but better is tough. Having a giant set of them in the middle of my living room I can honestly say the styling isn't my favorite, but to me the cabinets look and feel to be made from basically a single block of rosewood.
post #28032 of 28032 Old Today, 07:34 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 314 Post(s)
Liked: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dynfidel View Post
This is exactly what counts for me too. No beryllium, ceramic, diamond, metal dome or ribbon tweeters for me. Besides that I like Dynaudio's philosophy of creating neutral sounding speakers which I think is perfectly represented in the Confidence C1 that I will keep for many years to come.
It is hard to argue with the Dynaudio sound. Smooth and natural.
I am also liking the air motion in the Goldenear. Very good.

NAD M15 /NAD M25 / PSB STRATUS GOLD / PSB STRATUS 6C /DENON AVR 3300/CARVER TFM 45/35 - ANTHEM MCA3 / NAD T163
IMAGE DYNAMICS / INFINITY RS3 / POLK MONITOR 10/ALTEC 501 / INTEGRA 50.3/PARADIGM DSP 3400 / GOLDENEAR AON3 / HK AVI 200

An Observer of many philosophies, a slave to none.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Dynaudio , Dynaudio Focus Powered Monitor Speakers , Speaker Systems , thereore

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page