Audiophile Liquidators? - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 06-13-2006, 02:41 AM - Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Have any of you used this site with any success? There deals seem a little hard to believe. Please post if you have sucsesfuly ordered something from there site.

http://audiophileliquidator.com

Thanks

Mike
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2006, 05:53 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I cam across them yesterday....couldn't find any site that had reviews of their service though..
Old 06-13-2006, 06:47 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by yekans View Post

Have any of you used this site with any success? There deals seem a little hard to believe. Please post if you have sucsesfuly ordered something from there site.

Thanks

Mike

Their price may seem a little hard to believe at first, but when you get try to buy from them everything becomes much more clear.

First They have not returned an e-mail I sent them a week ago (they can't be that busy)

I wanted to buy a Marantz sacd-cd player and wanted it with a 3 day option shipping that they offer, it turned out the shipping cost was $325.00, in my book that's stealing. I cancelled my order.

Efforts to try and communicate have been unssuccesfull. The groung regular shipping was $110.00. Their advertised price is false, as they artificially charge for shipping to make free money.

This week i bought the same unit from an authorized dealer for less money, and it's on its way.

Do not steal, The powers that be do not like the competition.
Old 06-13-2006, 04:00 PM

Liked: 12
Scam,major scam stay away!
Old 06-13-2006, 04:43 PM

I had a completely different experience with them. I bought a brand new in the box flagship marantz 9600 receiver from them for 1/2 msrp about a year ago ( no us warranty). It was shipped promtly for a reasonable price, I had no trouble speaking to the owner on the phone, and I have had no problems with the marantz. They are legit. I would recomend them. Sandy.
Old 06-16-2006, 06:53 AM

I bought something from them. Yes their email communication is kinda slow but they respond to me within 24 hours. They even upgrade my shipping to 2-day because what I want was out of stock. They actually call and left me a message that its coming and even sent me a tracking number.
So from my experience I have pretty good luck with them. My experience been good.
I order around June 2nd, 2006.
Hope this help
Old 07-12-2006, 05:05 PM

Anyone else have feedback on these guys? They seem to have every model of every line of Dali speakers for big discounts. I'm debating buying from them.
Old 07-12-2006, 05:09 PM
AVS Special Member

The address of their corporate office in San Francisco is listed in the phone book as a Health Food Store. Hmmm....

Tony

In search of the Holy Grail.

Hometown team
Old 10-27-2006, 03:40 PM

My speakers were shipped from LA, so who knows where they reside. That being said, I was very happy with them. My order came to my door new, within a week.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:17 PM
Advanced Member

Audiophile liquidators is a scientology cell.
Run away.
Also, they ran over my dog.

This bloody Redcoat said I was a terrorist.

Somewhere along the way I become an Elitist who looks down on the
cheap bastards who call themselves my AV Hobbyist peers.
I am not prepared.
Old 10-28-2006, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThomasV555 View Post

Audiophile liquidators is a scientology cell.
Run away.
Also, they ran over my dog.

Wow. They sound as bad as the Illinois Nazis.
Old 10-28-2006, 03:13 PM
Advanced Member

I am just spamming their spam.

This bloody Redcoat said I was a terrorist.

Somewhere along the way I become an Elitist who looks down on the
cheap bastards who call themselves my AV Hobbyist peers.
I am not prepared.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:25 AM

For what it's worth, the BBB has two complaints against them over the last 36 months -- one for shipping, one for a return, both resolved. It also notes the following:
"The Bureau has requested basic information from this company. The Bureau has not received a response. Without this information, the Bureau may not have current information concerning such things as the company's management or its nature of business."

Their new corp office is in a SF office building (so no health food store) and their web-site shows warehouses in 4 cities (Orlando, New York, Dallas, Chandler). I'm looking for a Sonance Symphony 623 LCR center speaker -- I moved into a house with Sonance Symphony in wall and I'm hearing that I should stick to the same brand -- and they're one of the few "dealers" listing them. I have a call out to the Sonance Dallas rep for an authorized dealer. If nothing materializes and I end up buying from these dudes, I'll let you know.

Has anyone had any experiences with this firm?
Old 06-17-2007, 01:10 AM

fyi, they seem to also be operating under extremeliquidators and hifioverstock -- each with lesser degree of contact information.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:42 AM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowdriverdown View Post

Their new corp office is in a SF office building (so no health food store) and their web-site shows warehouses in 4 cities (Orlando, New York, Dallas, Chandler).

If you google their "new corporate office" address (3053 fillmore st, san francisco, CA), the first hit which comes back is for these guys:

Mailbox's At Postal Chase
Personal Service, Mail Receiving & Forwarding

Sounds to me like too many of us noticed their last corporate office was a PO box, so they likely got a new one. It's possible they are renting space in that building but I doubt it.

If you google their "warehouse" addresses, you'll get similar results. Their Orlando, FL "warehouse" address is actually the corporate office for PCI, a mailing and shipping services company.

http://www.surfpci.com/contact-mail/

Perhaps they use these guys to pickup and ship stuff from dealers in the florida area who want to violate their reseller agreements with the audio companies in question. In any case, it sure isn't a warehouse.

Their "New York warehouse" address is also the address of a US Post Office. Blah blah blah, I'm sure you'll get similar results if you check the other addresses. It seems like they're a classic scam; I'd bet they have no inventory themselves but occasionally you might get product from them, if they can locate a dealer willing to sell it.
Old 06-17-2007, 05:53 AM
Advanced Member

I found them the other day...was interested in the PSB Alpha C center channel but the shipping on that item was like $100 bucks so I said no way.

Maybe we should report to goggle they are providing services for a scam.
Old 06-17-2007, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpectralD View Post

Perhaps they use these guys to pickup and ship stuff from dealers in the florida area who want to violate their reseller agreements with the audio companies in question. In any case, it sure isn't a warehouse.

Their "New York warehouse" address is also the address of a US Post Office. Blah blah blah, I'm sure you'll get similar results if you check the other addresses. It seems like they're a classic scam; I'd bet they have no inventory themselves but occasionally you might get product from them, if they can locate a dealer willing to sell it.

That sounds probable. From the user posts, it looks like hit or miss on whether you'll get the product ordered in an expedient time frame. That the BBB can't get them to respond is never a good thing. On the plus side, they've been around for at least a couple of years and are very upfront on their high shipping costs, so there shouldn't be any surprises. And no unresolved problems with BBB, so they at least try to keep you satisfied. (at least until the check clears). All said, they'd be on my "if I can't get it anywhere else" list -- I'd rather pay the extra 20-30% for the peace of mind that they'll be around to help with any issues down the road.
Old 06-20-2007, 11:08 AM

I just joined this forum today after reading this thread, so if people think I'm a shill, so be it.
Anyway, I took a big chance and ordered the Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. The shipping is really expensive, ($300 including the NAD CD player I also ordered), but there's no where near me that sells Gallo speakers, so I would have had to pay a chunk for shipping no matter where I bought them.

I'll let you know how it turns out.
Old 08-01-2007, 11:51 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widespread View Post

I took a big chance and ordered the Gallo Reference 3.1 speakers. The shipping is really expensive, ($300 including the NAD CD player I also ordered), but there's no where near me that sells Gallo speakers, so I would have had to pay a chunk for shipping no matter where I bought them. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Any update on this purchase? -- I noticed that Audiophile Liquidators and Extreme Liquidators have pretty much mirrored each other now (before there were some price differences). I was looking for a Sonance 623 LCR center and their only authorized online retailer (abt) doesn't carry this speaker and repeated eMails to their cust svs haven't yielded any responses -- if I pull the trigger, these might be the guys.

Long time listener, first time caller
Old 08-01-2007, 02:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yekans View Post

8/1/07: "The page cannot be found."

= fly-by-night/scam operation.

Or.... they're so busy helping people get great deals that they had a little mixup and forgot to pay their webhost last month....

I think I'll go with the former explanation.

I got my Gallo Ref. 3.1 speakers and CD player from Audio Liquidators with no problems.
I called them because I didn't receive the e-mail verification they sent, and had no problems getting a young woman on the line. She re-sent the verification to my work e-mail.

The Gallos are broken in now, and sounding great. In fact, I'm thinking of getting an amplifier from them now . . . can't decide between NAD 162/272 or going for the NAD Masters Series M3 integrated . . .

Also open for any pre-amp/ power amp combinations in the $1500 - $2500 range.

Anyone who buy from websites like this is an idiot, no excuses, period.
Old 08-01-2007, 04:05 PM

Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by luismanrara View Post

Efforts to try and communicate have been unssuccesfull. The groung regular shipping was $110.00. Their advertised price is false, as they artificially charge for shipping to make free money.

Who do they think they are? An Ebay power seller?
Old 08-02-2007, 11:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lousygolfer View Post

8/1/07: "The page cannot be found."
= fly-by-night/scam operation.
Or.... they're so busy helping people get great deals that they had a little mixup and forgot to pay their webhost last month....
I think I'll go with the former explanation.

fyi, it's www.audiophileliquidator.net or www.extremeliquidator.com or www.hifioverstock.biz -- I guess they like to use different extensions. . . . all look like the same folks.

Long time listener, first time caller
Old 08-03-2007, 07:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NHTkiller View Post

Anyone who buy from websites like this is an idiot, no excuses, period.

Call me any names you want. In my experience, loudspeakers last for years and years. Warranties are more important to me with electronics than with speakers.

All I know is, I got some amazing speakers for about $2600, including shipping.

Since we seem to be making sweeping statements, allow me one of my own. Anyone who makes sweeping, near-ad hominem attacks is a dick.
Old 08-03-2007, 08:03 AM
AVS Special Member

If you go on reverse address lookup at 411.com and put in their "warehouses", the one in Orlando is the US Postal Service. Their new corporate headquarters is an apartment building. Their old headquarters was a supermarket. This company sure give me the warm and fuzzies.

Tony

In search of the Holy Grail.

Hometown team
Old 08-03-2007, 08:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Widespread View Post

I got my Gallo Ref. 3.1 speakers and CD player from Audio Liquidators with no problems.
I called them because I didn't receive the e-mail verification they sent, and had no problems getting a young woman on the line. She re-sent the verification to my work e-mail.

The Gallos are broken in now, and sounding great. In fact, I'm thinking of getting an amplifier from them now . . . can't decide between NAD 162/272 or going for the NAD Masters Series M3 integrated . . .

Also open for any pre-amp/ power amp combinations in the $1500 - $2500 range.

Got some pics of these speakers and cd player? I'd love to see those babies!
Old 08-03-2007, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TjMV3 View Post

Got some pics of these speakers and cd player? I'd love to see those babies!

Try the Gallo website
Old 08-03-2007, 11:14 AM

Widespread = Audiophileliquidators owner/employee?

His only purpose in coming to this website seems to be to hype up that company.
Old 08-03-2007, 11:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Liked: 11
The new business name is www.hifioverstock.biz and it looks to be the same company but just a different address, either way they are obtaining products from stupid dealers and the products they advertise that they can't get they just bait and switch. The people that buy from this site are gambling just like they would in Vegas but I think I like Vegas odds better.

Remember, it is all about the music not the sound!
Mick Tillman
Dynaudio N/A-distributors of Dynaudio, Octave, Theory and Application.