Atlantic Technology owner's thread. - Page 33 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #961 of 987 Old 08-27-2015, 12:11 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 83 Post(s)
Liked: 61
Quote:
Originally Posted by lemonslush View Post
They will be powered by a crown DSI 1000 THX cinema amp. about 300rms @8 ohms 500RMS @4. I could give each speaker its own amp bridged about 1000rms @8 or so but that probably overkill. All my speakers will be on a separate amp the x4000 is hanging around until I get a new PRePro av with atmos and all that fun stuff.
yeeeeaaaaahhhh, I think that will be adequate power.

You need more power, use two Crowns and bi-amp them LOL
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #962 of 987 Old 08-27-2015, 12:23 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 78 Post(s)
Quoted: 819 Post(s)
Liked: 391
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamest View Post
yeeeeaaaaahhhh, I think that will be adequate power.

You need more power, use two Crowns and bi-amp them LOL
I got 12 amps so... thats not outlandish :-) along with two 20 amp and 2 15 amp dedicated lines.

I actually called up Atlantic before ordering and they actually suggested I buy one from amazo and test it out. They offered me it for $1300 over the phone, and AVS offered me a good price as well. But my sound guy is giving me a good deal as well so they are all in the wheel house of my budget. 1500 or less was what I was planning for LRC.
post #963 of 987 Old 09-29-2015, 12:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DigitalJackson View Post
Yeah, I don't think the 44-DA or any other reflection option would work well with the fabric covered ceiling. My first reflection point on the the ceiling is mineral wool under the fabric, so would definitely have poor sound reflection from that section. I see the 44-DA as a last resort if nothing else is possible. I'm also considering using the Atlantic Tech IC-6 OBA and building a surface mounted speaker box for each one. Atlantic Tech says the IC-6 only needs about 0.4 cu ft of space.
I finally pulled the trigger and went Atmos now, DTS:X later. I used my AT4.5's as height speakers and they matched my 450's perfectly. Dead on Mid-range and treble matched. I think if you can make it work use the 4400, just find the room or hang them. I was very happy that my 4.5's did not completely ruin my star-field view.

You can see more on my build. Loving Atmos it is soooooooo worth it I am going back to watch all my old movies because the up-scaling mode of Dolby Atmos is a total game changer.
post #964 of 987 Old 09-29-2015, 01:40 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 25 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Quote:
I finally pulled the trigger and went Atmos now, DTS:X later. I used my AT4.5's as height speakers and they matched my 450's perfectly. Dead on Mid-range and treble matched. I think if you can make it work use the 4400, just find the room or hang them. I was very happy that my 4.5's did not completely ruin my star-field view.

You can see more on my build. Loving Atmos it is soooooooo worth it I am going back to watch all my old movies because the up-scaling mode of Dolby Atmos is a total game changer.
You're room looks great. Glad to hear the 4.5's worked for you. Where did you buy the patterned panels on your side walls?

I already caved on Atmos as well! I just bought a Marantz AV8802a, but have not installed the ceiling speakers yet. Since my ceiling is sound proofed and uses whisper clips, I have to be careful with how much weight I have on the ceiling. I think a 4400sr might be too heavy, so I went ahead and bought 4 of the Atlantic Tech IC-6 OBAs and will be building a speaker enclosure for each using 10" diameter sonotube cut to 11" in length. I can then cover the sonotube in the same GOF fabric I have on the ceiling. The sonotube is pretty lightweight, so should end up with a lighter overall speaker. I'll post some pics once I get it done. If anyone needs to purchase Atlantic Tech speakers, I recommend talking to Mike Garret at AV Science.
Mike Garrett likes this.

My Build Thread
post #965 of 987 Old 09-29-2015, 02:06 PM

Quote:
You're room looks great. Glad to hear the 4.5's worked for you. Where did you buy the patterned panels on your side walls?

I already caved on Atmos as well! I just bought a Marantz AV8802a, but have not installed the ceiling speakers yet. Since my ceiling is sound proofed and uses whisper clips, I have to be careful with how much weight I have on the ceiling. I think a 4400sr might be too heavy, so I went ahead and bought 4 of the Atlantic Tech IC-6 OBAs and will be building a speaker enclosure for each using 10" diameter sonotube cut to 11" in length. I can then cover the sonotube in the same GOF fabric I have on the ceiling. The sonotube is pretty lightweight, so should end up with a lighter overall speaker. I'll post some pics once I get it done. If anyone needs to purchase Atlantic Tech speakers, I recommend talking to Mike Garret at AV Science.
Thanks, the panels from the front layer came from NextAcoustics, the backs were a DIY build.
I too was just about to buy the 8802 but then an Integra DHC 80.6 came up for a steal, but it can not do DTS:X like yours I will have to upgrade to that later. Let us know what you think of Atmos and DTS:X inquiring minds here might want to know
post #966 of 987 Old 09-29-2015, 06:35 PM

Quote:
but it can not do DTS:X like yours
Well, you're not missing anything at the moment. We're still waiting on the DTS:X firmware update and even after that, there's only one title available, Ex Machina.

My Build Thread
post #967 of 987 Old 09-29-2015, 09:44 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Quoted: 3463 Post(s)
Liked: 2060
Quote:
We're still waiting on the DTS:X firmware update and even after that, there's only one title available, Ex Machina.
Second DTS:X title announced today: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17657

Sanjay
post #968 of 987 Old 09-30-2015, 09:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sdurani View Post
Second DTS:X title announced today: http://www.blu-ray.com/news/?id=17657
Oh, cool. Though, a but of a weird choice for the 2nd DTS:X bluray. But anything at this point is good. God, I hope Starwars 7 will be DTS:X!
sdurani likes this.
post #969 of 987 Old 09-30-2015, 09:24 AM

Quote:
Well, you're not missing anything at the moment. We're still waiting on the DTS:X firmware update and even after that, there's only one title available, Ex Machina.
Yeah, I watched Machina and it was cool. Their was a few moments that would possibly be cool in DTS:X but for the most part more of a dialogue movie.

I have to say you will be happy with Atmos in the mean time. It is such a game changer. Though Atmos movies are amazing, the real fun is the Dolby Surround Mode. That is why it was worth upgrading now. Rewatching so many movies as to what it does to your system, you will be amazed you did not do it sooner

Anyways, this is the AT thread, back on that. I am not sure if our THX speakers, given their very horizontal dispersion is a good thing for Atmos or a bad thing. Good on fronts and rears I think but I am still reading a bit more on that subject. Placement of your AT height speakers is critical. It is more important that you get that right for Atmos then DTS:X. Make sure you do that right. I am a fan of AT speakers and I know you already bought them but it seems averyone is all over the Kef ci200RR inwall THX Ultra 2s for their off axis sound(more critical for the height channels). I am sure the AT inwalls you bought will work great, but if you can manage to mount in a box with a 45Degree toward listening position the better they will sound.

Last edited by gamest; 09-30-2015 at 09:29 AM.
post #970 of 987 Old 10-01-2015, 08:15 PM

Quote:
I am sure the AT inwalls you bought will work great, but if you can manage to mount in a box with a 45Degree toward listening position the better they will sound.
The IC-6 OBA have very specific instructions about positioning the two tweeters in relation to the main seating area. Wouldn't mounting the speaker at a 45 degree angle be a bad thing in this case?

http://www.atlantictechnology.com/fi...ual_150116.pdf

My Build Thread
post #971 of 987 Old 10-01-2015, 08:16 PM

Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Ceiling Speakers to match 350THX

I am looking to expand my 5.2 350THX system by adding some ceiling ATMOS speakers. Don't want to spend a tome of money. Any thoughts about using a Polk 900LS or RT series.
post #972 of 987 Old 10-02-2015, 10:24 AM

Quote:
The IC-6 OBA have very specific instructions about positioning the two tweeters in relation to the main seating area. Wouldn't mounting the speaker at a 45 degree angle be a bad thing in this case?

http://www.atlantictechnology.com/fi...ual_150116.pdf
Oh yes, I apologize, you are right, the design of the IC-6 already takes this angle into account. So as the instructions indicate, tweeter directions then they will be perfect for Atmos. Sorry, I was not familiar with that model.
post #973 of 987 Old 10-02-2015, 10:36 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by neb0930 View Post
I am looking to expand my 5.2 350THX system by adding some ceiling ATMOS speakers. Don't want to spend a tome of money. Any thoughts about using a Polk 900LS or RT series.
Probably not a good match with the 350s. The RT series has a very differant sound to them. Idealy, you want a speaker that is treble matched to the fronts (I.e. same tweeters, same midrange drivers). Now I understand the money thing, so all you can do is the best you can with what you can. If you can afford it and have room, find a cheap pair of the 351lrs or two centers would be even better(I am going to do that for DTS:X later, I have two exstra 453ec) most likely hard to place on ceiling.
post #974 of 987 Old 11-04-2015, 12:56 PM

Quoted: 9 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by craig john View Post

I use the original screen material. The new material is probably a little better and, if I were getting a new screen, I would get the new material. My screen is a 120" wide 2.35:1 screen. All three 8200e L/R's are behind it. They are on Sanus stands. The AT pedestals are expensive and, for my application, unnecessary. If I had a system were the speakers were more "visible", or in a higher traffic area, I would strongly consider the pedestals.
When you had your 8200e's on Sanus stands, did you have to fill them with sand or were they stable enough as is?
Thanks.
post #975 of 987 Old 11-04-2015, 01:55 PM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 28 Post(s)
Quoted: 404 Post(s)
Liked: 598
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fenixviper View Post
When you had your 8200e's on Sanus stands, did you have to fill them with sand or were they stable enough as is?
Thanks.
Nope, no sand.

Lombardi said it:
Perfection is not attainable, but if we chase perfection we can catch excellence."

My System

post #976 of 987 Old 11-06-2015, 11:47 PM

Quote:
I finally got around to building the sonotube enclosures for my Atlantic Tech IC-6 OBAs a couple of weeks ago. Used 10" diameter sonotube with birch end caps. Attached some pics of the results. Definitely not as hidden as in-ceiling install, but the room is usually so dark you don't notice them. The IC-6 OBAs sound great and work well with the 8200e speakers. I lowered my side surrounds to just above ear level and have yet to decide what to do about the rear surrounds. My back seating is too close to have them ear level, so may just tilt them down. I know the recommended speaker for Atmos is a direct radiator, but even with my 8200e side surrounds set to bi-pole, I thought the speakers were a little to easy to locate at times with Atmos, so I switched them back to di-pole. I will keep experimenting...might try my 4200e speakers as side surrounds since I currently don't have the amp power available to use them as wides.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0219.JPG
Views:	36
Size:	408.5 KB
ID:	1043337   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMGP0217.JPG
Views:	45
Size:	360.0 KB
ID:	1043345  

My Build Thread

Last edited by DigitalJackson; 11-07-2015 at 10:46 AM.
post #977 of 987 Old 11-07-2015, 06:58 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3227 Post(s)
Liked: 1917
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Given the SPL levels of those subs, I would not recommend any of the ATs None have sensitivity's levels over 1watt 91db@ 1m. JBLs I think are up there in sensitivity but can be harsh to some so listen before you buy. Again, Triads golds are really nice but still have low sensitivity and would not mate well with your SPL levels. MK 150s? I don't understand the fascination with these speakers. They sound nice but they are NOT loud speakers, they are near field monitors. Hence, designed for very close accurate studio reproduction(and they do that so much better than most monitors). If you sit more then 2meters away from them, they sound really weak and boring. They have that I am struggling sound at high volumes. I have heard almost every THX speaker made but for the new MK S300 Ultra2s. I was told they are far more like a loudspeaker, so I cant comment on those.

Then we have Klipsch the speakers you are using now. Something on the klipsch line should be a good match, or JTRs, and other high SPL speakers. I will tell you, the best high sensitive speaker "I have ever heard" was the "Klipsch Academy center channel" With that speaker I NEVER at ANY volume level low or high, would go "what did he say?" amazing speaker! designed around a horn similar to the human voice cord or larynx. I at once point even considered trying to find and buy seven for all channels. Good luck with that, finding even one for sale is crazy hard. Klipsch fans don't let them go easily. Let us know what you end up going with?
I have listened to the S300's, they are very nice performing speakers. SPL level certainly will not be a problem with them.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada & more.
post #978 of 987 Old 11-07-2015, 07:08 PM

Quote:
I finally got around to building the sonotube enclosures for my Atlantic Tech IC-6 OBAs a couple of weeks ago. Used 10" diameter sonotube with birch end caps. Attached some pics of the results. Definitely not as hidden as in-ceiling install, but the room is usually so dark you don't notice them. The IC-6 OBAs sound great and work well with the 8200e speakers. I lowered my side surrounds to just above ear level and have yet to decide what to do about the rear surrounds. My back seating is too close to have them ear level, so may just tilt them down. I know the recommended speaker for Atmos is a direct radiator, but even with my 8200e side surrounds set to bi-pole, I thought the speakers were a little to easy to locate at times with Atmos, so I switched them back to di-pole. I will keep experimenting...might try my 4200e speakers as side surrounds since I currently don't have the amp power available to use them as wides.
Looks really nice, and I don't think they stand out. I would not notice them in a dark movie watching setting. but maybe a little to close to the front of the room? Do you have them set to front wide highs in Atmos or actual front height? I know you did not want to cut holes in your starfield and that really limited the location where you could put them. I also think you will be fine with angling back rears down a little. In fact I think I will do the same later because mine too are obstructed a little by equipment and back seating.

I have not yet turned my di-pole back on to see what that will do to the Atmos sphere of imaging. My rears can not be switched back to bi-poles but given my position of the exstra dipoles over my normal speakers the di-poles should just add to the field and make for more of a tri-pole field. Well, that's my theory after I get them EQed and time delayed right. I am really not sure if THX speakers are good or bad for the imaging in Atmos but so far I am amazed with Atmos.

So how has the Atmos experience been for you? What have you watched? What has made the biggest impression so far?
post #979 of 987 Old 11-07-2015, 07:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Garrett View Post
I have listened to the S300's, they are very nice performing speakers. SPL level certainly will not be a problem with them.
Oh, cool. What was the size room you heard them in? Do they still have a warmer sound or now brighter sound? Did you hear them in a surround sound setup or just stereo. I have only had one other friend who has heard them and that was only in a stereo configuration at rather close distances 2 meters or so. I really want to hear them in a theater environment I know the sub is still sub-par compared to all the others out there now we can do so much better with.
post #980 of 987 Old 11-08-2015, 11:39 AM

Quote:
Looks really nice, and I don't think they stand out. I would not notice them in a dark movie watching setting. but maybe a little to close to the front of the room? Do you have them set to front wide highs in Atmos or actual front height? I know you did not want to cut holes in your starfield and that really limited the location where you could put them. I also think you will be fine with angling back rears down a little. In fact I think I will do the same later because mine too are obstructed a little by equipment and back seating.
I think maybe the wide angle of the pic makes them look further up front than they really are. See attached image for the install locations. If anything, I think the rear overheads should maybe be further back. I have them set as top front and top rear....8 ft of space between front and rears. My seating has changed a bit from this image...now have 4 seats in front and back row is about 2 feet further back due to room to allow reclining of both rows.

Quote:
I have not yet turned my di-pole back on to see what that will do to the Atmos sphere of imaging. My rears can not be switched back to bi-poles but given my position of the exstra dipoles over my normal speakers the di-poles should just add to the field and make for more of a tri-pole field. Well, that's my theory after I get them EQed and time delayed right. I am really not sure if THX speakers are good or bad for the imaging in Atmos but so far I am amazed with Atmos.
I did some experimenting yesterday. I have an extra pair of 8200e surrounds and a pair 4400e direct radiators. I tried each pair in the side surround postion at ear level and directly to the side of the front row seating compared to my installed location which is a little more to the rear...see image. I used the Atmos Conductor demo for the tests which can be found for free on Vudu. Trying the surrounds in bi-pole, di-pole and then the 4400e direct radiators, I preferred di-pole for the side surrounds. I also prefer them shifted back a bit, the way I have them installed, instead of directly to the sides. Di-pole configuration and shifted back gave me the right amount of blending...harder to locate them, but still directional. I did the same test with the rear surrounds and prefer bi-pole. When set to di-pole, rear pans were too diffuse...it was hard to tell sound was even coming from the rear.

Quote:
So how has the Atmos experience been for you? What have you watched? What has made the biggest impression so far?
I'm just now getting into it, but so far Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt.1 has made the biggest impression. Some really great sound design in that movie. Lots of subtle effects that make use of Atmos. For me, much more effective use of sound than a movie like Transformers Age of Extinction, which did not impress me. I bought Atmos movies Gravity, Mad Max Fury Road and Dracula but have not watched them yet. For non-Atmos, watched Jurassic World and new Poltergeist this weekend...both sounded great and made use of the overheads. Poltergeist, not as good as the original, but overall good sound and had a lot of rear surround effects. How about yourself?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HT_Atmos_OverheadLocations.jpg
Views:	34
Size:	124.6 KB
ID:	1045953  

My Build Thread

Last edited by DigitalJackson; 11-08-2015 at 01:00 PM.
post #981 of 987 Old 11-13-2015, 03:07 PM

Quote:
I'm just now getting into it, but so far Hunger Games Mockingjay Pt.1 has made the biggest impression. Some really great sound design in that movie. Lots of subtle effects that make use of Atmos. For me, much more effective use of sound than a movie like Transformers Age of Extinction, which did not impress me. I bought Atmos movies Gravity, Mad Max Fury Road and Dracula but have not watched them yet. For non-Atmos, watched Jurassic World and new Poltergeist this weekend...both sounded great and made use of the overheads. Poltergeist, not as good as the original, but overall good sound and had a lot of rear surround effects. How about yourself?
Interesting, so you do actually prefer the dipoles for side surrounds. Okay, I am deferentially going to play around with mine later then. I have not watched Hunger games but I have watched Mad max and the expendables 3. I will say the first 10min of Madmax is amazing!!!! and if that does not sound good in Atmos something is terribly wrong. When max is talking it should sound almost like he is in your head, cool effect. Also bought expendables 3 knowing it was a bad movie but it has so many great moments for Atmos to shine. I think it is the best I have heard so far. Madmax has its moments but is a little fatiguing for me. Up-scaling Atmos, I love what it can do for "Tron", "Star trek 2", "The thin red line", "Prometheus (bad movie but amazing audio/video experience)" and "Star wars 4, 5, 6" of course
post #982 of 987 Old 11-14-2015, 05:28 AM
AVS Club Gold

Mentioned: 21 Post(s)
Quoted: 3227 Post(s)
Liked: 1917
Send a message via Skype™ to Mike Garrett
Quote:
Oh, cool. What was the size room you heard them in? Do they still have a warmer sound or now brighter sound? Did you hear them in a surround sound setup or just stereo. I have only had one other friend who has heard them and that was only in a stereo configuration at rather close distances 2 meters or so. I really want to hear them in a theater environment I know the sub is still sub-par compared to all the others out there now we can do so much better with.
At CEDIA, so a large open room. Listened at different distances, 10', 12' and about 15'.
Crisp clean sound. Not laid back. Music sounded like live music.
Stereo set up.

AV Science Sales, 585-671-2968
mike@avscience.com
Sony, JVC, Epson, Denon, Marantz, Yamaha, Onkyo, Triad, Atlantic Tech, M&K, RBH, SVS, Polk, Stewart, Seymour, Falcon, DNP, SI, Screen Excellence, Carada & more.
post #983 of 987 Old 12-12-2015, 09:38 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello everyone. Do apologize for interrupting the thread, but I needed to get some feedback. I have a thread where I was asking about the 270 THX system(271, 274T bipole, 273mc) versus mission 77 series. If I'm using mid-level Denon(1910) and Onkyo(709) recievers, how would the 270s sound? Are they good for an older system? The system I'm looking at does not have the THX the sub included, but I have 2 subs already setup.......Polk and a Velodyne. My listening breakdown is about 50/50 music/movies. The person is asking under $250 for the 270s. Any info and observations you can give would be appreciated. I ask because I know about AT speakers, but have never heard any in person. Thanks for any info...........
post #984 of 987 Old 12-12-2015, 11:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csseahawk View Post
Hello everyone. Do apologize for interrupting the thread, but I needed to get some feedback. I have a thread where I was asking about the 270 THX system(271, 274T bipole, 273mc) versus mission 77 series. If I'm using mid-level Denon(1910) and Onkyo(709) recievers, how would the 270s sound? Are they good for an older system? The system I'm looking at does not have the THX the sub included, but I have 2 subs already setup.......Polk and a Velodyne. My listening breakdown is about 50/50 music/movies. The person is asking under $250 for the 270s. Any info and observations you can give would be appreciated. I ask because I know about AT speakers, but have never heard any in person. Thanks for any info...........
No need to apologize, interrupting the thread? LOL that is funny, this thread has been is sooOOOooo active. Thrust me you are not interrupting anything.

Anyway, that is a really good deal even with out the sub(I would not want that sub if it was given to me). The 270 is a really nice little system and I think if you look back on this thread there was some comments and even good measurements on the 271 performance compared to other AT speakers. But I think you are asking about its sound characteristics. Even for today's speakers, and their has not been all that much improvement over the last 15years in driver engineering, I think they hold there own for small speakers. I would warn you tho, I personally like AT speakers for their surround sound use, not so much for their musical side. They are one of the few that can still sound very musical and great for surround. But, If I was listening to 50/50 music/movies I might go with something else. Mainly because their are some much nicer musical speakers out there for the same price range. Dont get me wrong they are great speakers but I would think most buy them for their ability to do HT really well and still sound okay for music as a second best. I always describe AT speakers for music to have a rather warm sound to them, never fatiguing and sound great at almost any level. Oh and so, not good speakers for musical types like Rock or very active music. If that is what you listen too? Anyway, this was just my opinion, I am sure there are others
post #985 of 987 Old 12-13-2015, 12:14 AM

Quote:
No need to apologize, interrupting the thread? LOL that is funny, this thread has been is sooOOOooo active. Thrust me you are not interrupting anything.

Anyway, that is a really good deal even with out the sub(I would not want that sub if it was given to me). The 270 is a really nice little system and I think if you look back on this thread there was some comments and even good measurements on the 271 performance compared to other AT speakers. But I think you are asking about its sound characteristics. Even for today's speakers, and their has not been all that much improvement over the last 15years in driver engineering, I think they hold there own for small speakers. I would warn you tho, I personally like AT speakers for their surround sound use, not so much for their musical side. They are one of the few that can still sound very musical and great for surround. But, If I was listening to 50/50 music/movies I might go with something else. Mainly because their are some much nicer musical speakers out there for the same price range. Dont get me wrong they are great speakers but I would think most buy them for their ability to do HT really well and still sound okay for music as a second best. I always describe AT speakers for music to have a rather warm sound to them, never fatiguing and sound great at almost any level. Oh and so, not good speakers for musical types like Rock or very active music. If that is what you listen too? Anyway, this was just my opinion, I am sure there are others
Even at the $225 price for a set of 5? It just seems like a good deal but I know nothing about AT and/or the 270 series. I do a lot of 7 channel stereo(love my Denon) and then of course movies. The subs are a Velo ct-120 and a Polk. So this set seems intriguing. I do listen to rock, pop, country, and damn near everything. I am running height speakers with the 1910 setup.
post #986 of 987 Old 12-14-2015, 12:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by csseahawk View Post
Even at the $225 price for a set of 5? It just seems like a good deal but I know nothing about AT and/or the 270 series. I do a lot of 7 channel stereo(love my Denon) and then of course movies. The subs are a Velo ct-120 and a Polk. So this set seems intriguing. I do listen to rock, pop, country, and damn near everything. I am running height speakers with the 1910 setup.
I would say give them a try. Worst case, you will not like them for all types of music and are out the $225, if you can not find someone to buy them. I will also say for the Denon or Onkyo are a very good match for any AT speakers. For some reason I have found that the sound of those two receivers/preamps really lively up the warm sound of AT speakers. I have heard some say they did not care for their AT speakers and then they bought an Onkyo and was amazed how they quote: "really woke up!". Let us know how it goes
post #987 of 987 Old 12-15-2015, 08:27 AM

Quote:
I would say give them a try. Worst case, you will not like them for all types of music and are out the $225, if you can not find someone to buy them. I will also say for the Denon or Onkyo are a very good match for any AT speakers. For some reason I have found that the sound of those two receivers/preamps really lively up the warm sound of AT speakers. I have heard some say they did not care for their AT speakers and then they bought an Onkyo and was amazed how they quote: "really woke up!". Let us know how it goes
Does anyone out there have or had the 270s? What receiver did you run with it and how did it sound? Did you like how music sounded with the 270s?Just want to get a bit more feedback, but like what I've heard from gamest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Atlantic Technology , Atlantic Technology Speakers , Atlantic Technology International Corp , Atlantic Technology 8200ec Glb Thx Ultra2 Center Channel Speaker , Atlantic Technology 4200elr Glb Speakers , Nad 2200pe Stereo Power Amplifer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page