Atlantic Technology owner's thread. - Page 34 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 11Likes

post #991 of 994 Old 03-27-2016, 09:39 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Thank you for the reply and info! My HT layout is attached for reference. BTW, There is a large window on the left side that the boss said I can't remove . So it will have room-blackening window treatments and drapes to close it off when the HT is in use.

Quote:
Originally Posted by gamest View Post
??? vertically or horizontally YES?? Well, mount them(side rears and back rears) around ear level, maybe a little high. But not by much, around one to two inc from fronts.
The reason I asked about mounting the surround vertically or horizontally in the wall is the IW-30 can do either with the Mid-Tweet-Mid component rotatable. Will vertical installation sound better than horizontal? Any difference in sound? What would you suggest for vertical vs. horizontal installation? Thanks!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	AT IW-30.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	50.5 KB
ID:	1341818   Click image for larger version

Name:	HT Design.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	182.3 KB
ID:	1341842  
Attached Images

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #992 of 994 Old 03-27-2016, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEllison95 View Post
Will vertical installation sound better than horizontal? Any difference in sound? What would you suggest for vertical vs. horizontal installation? Thanks!
Oh, right. I understand what you are saying now. Well in theory the difference is negotiable, but I personal would still go horizontal with 8" driver on the far back side away from window and the MTM drivers array on the closest to the window side. Whatever you do, do NOT mount the speaker box in a manner where the MTM array is not straight up and down. This is why the speaker allows the 8" driver to move so the MTM always stays vertically via THX specs for limited vertical dispersion.

Also note: I added image for something I would change in the In-ceiling speaker locations. This is the hardest part to get right with Atmos. If the main listing position is in the middle of that couch than I would move them back. Try and produce a sphere of sound is the idea. But the height speakers should be inline with front speakers and pointing down at approx 45 degrees to the main listing position.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HT Design.jpg
Views:	111
Size:	135.3 KB
ID:	1342226  
post #993 of 994 Old 03-27-2016, 05:28 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by gamest View Post
Oh, right. I understand what you are saying now. Well in theory the difference is negotiable, but I personal would still go horizontal with 8" driver on the far back side away from window and the MTM drivers array on the closest to the window side. Whatever you do, do NOT mount the speaker box in a manner where the MTM array is not straight up and down. This is why the speaker allows the 8" driver to move so the MTM always stays vertically via THX specs for limited vertical dispersion.

Also note: I added image for something I would change in the In-ceiling speaker locations. This is the hardest part to get right with Atmos. If the main listing position is in the middle of that couch than I would move them back. Try and produce a sphere of sound is the idea. But the height speakers should be inline with front speakers and pointing down at approx 45 degrees to the main listing position.
Thank you so much for the reply and the advice/information on the in-walls and relocation of the ceiling speakers! Much appreciated - now off to order the IW-30's!

Cheers!
post #994 of 994 Old 03-28-2016, 07:14 PM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 67
Quote:
Originally Posted by CEllison95 View Post
Thank you so much for the reply and the advice/information on the in-walls and relocation of the ceiling speakers! Much appreciated - now off to order the IW-30's!

Cheers!
Anytime and lets us know how it goes. When you are done, come back here and post some pics for us, or start a build thread.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Atlantic Technology , Atlantic Technology Speakers , Atlantic Technology International Corp , Atlantic Technology 8200ec Glb Thx Ultra2 Center Channel Speaker , Atlantic Technology 4200elr Glb Speakers , Nad 2200pe Stereo Power Amplifer

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page