Focal - JM Lab Owner's Thread - Page 226 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
post #6751 of 6761 Old Yesterday, 07:19 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by lefthandluke View Post
wow...for someone so far away, you really nailed the audio scene here in dayton.

hanson audio has been my store of choice for about 5 yrs now (bought all my focal setup there)...after nearly 20 yrs at audio etc.

for a city of dayton's size the options are many, with cincy and columbus just a short drive away.
You certainly would have kept the Simaudio Amp. The same thing happened to me. Lyric HiFi sent me a Simaudio 700i to audition. Cold, and right out of the box I started to think about how I could pay for the amp. After it warmed up for a few hours, I bought it. It combines the air and smoothness of tubes with the detail of a world class solid state amplifier.
SuperPoser likes this.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6752 of 6761 Old Yesterday, 07:27 AM

Liked: 2
BTW...here is a picture of the inside of the Simaudio 700i.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	MOON 700i Inside.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	244.7 KB
ID:	578057  
SuperPoser likes this.
post #6753 of 6761 Old Yesterday, 09:05 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Quote:
Originally Posted by AcuraDude View Post
BTW...here is a picture of the inside of the Simaudio 700i.
I have auditioned more expensive gear than SimAudio Moon (just for kicks, not with intent to purchase), but I personally liked the SimAudio Moon gear better!
Auditioning at home = loss of money from my pocket...lol
post #6754 of 6761 Old Yesterday, 07:47 PM

Quoted: 21 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Can anyone confirm that toe in toward listening position does reallly matter and improve sound quality?
I am asking mainly in reference to Aria 926 but it is also probably the same for the whole series.
post #6755 of 6761 Old Yesterday, 10:11 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 125
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grendel007 View Post
Can anyone confirm that toe in toward listening position does reallly matter and improve sound quality?
I am asking mainly in reference to Aria 926 but it is also probably the same for the whole series.
Not sure about the 926, but I found that my 948's require very little toe-in to produce a very stable soundstage. YMMV.
Grendel007 likes this.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). "Silenzio" EA-2 Media Server (pc-based). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
post #6756 of 6761 Old Yesterday, 10:48 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Toe in is really one of those personal preference things. I know a guy that likes to point speakers directly at his face. I've never cared for that as I find the sound to be too glaring.
Grendel007 likes this.

post #6757 of 6761 Old Today, 07:19 AM

Quote:
I used to toe in my Chorus 716S fronts as I thought it made them sound better, but I do not toe in my Electra 1027S fronts as I think they sound better facing straight. Try it and see if you like the sound... nothing wrong with experimenting ;o)
Grendel007 likes this.
post #6758 of 6761 Old Today, 11:53 AM

Liked: 0
Hi guys,
I have a pair of 716v towers, 700cc central, 705V rears and a SVS PB 1000 subwoofer. I was using a Yamaha Rx-V673 as a receiver but I think it was not at the same "level" than the rest of the team.. I sold it yesterdayand I need a new receiver ASAP! ha. A friend recommended me a Denon X3000W which I found on Ebay for $620 approx and I also saw a Marantz Sr7007 for $799, what do you think? any other receiver that I should consider?
My use is half music and half movies.. maybe a little more towards music.
I have a turntable and I also like to listen to Spotify a lot.. so if it is built in to the receiver even better...

I need some help with this situation!

thank you!!
post #6759 of 6761 Old Today, 12:00 PM

Quoted: 114 Post(s)
Liked: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by spree_8 View Post
Hi guys,
I have a pair of 716v towers, 700cc central, 705V rears and a SVS PB 1000 subwoofer. I was using a Yamaha Rx-V673 as a receiver but I think it was not at the same "level" than the rest of the team.. I sold it yesterdayand I need a new receiver ASAP! ha. A friend recommended me a Denon X3000W which I found on Ebay for $620 approx and I also saw a Marantz Sr7007 for $799, what do you think? any other receiver that I should consider?
I have a turntable and I also like to listen to Spotify a lot.. so if it is built in to the receiver even better...

thank you!!
Both have built in internal DACs for Spotify and both are x.2 for connections to two subs. They both look decent. I've always thought highly of Denon's products, but Marantz receives a lot of positive reviews so I don't know which would be better. They both look good.

post #6760 of 6761 Old Today, 12:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by spree_8 View Post
Hi guys,

thank you!!
A friend just picked up a Marantz 7007 and he loves it.
If you can find a good price, you may want to consider an Anthem.
Here is one on ebay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Anthem-MRX-3...item4adfcf261b
post #6761 of 6761 Unread Today, 04:07 PM

Liked: 0
Thank you guys for the reply, the thing with the Marantz is that it is 2012. does it have all the current audio decoders and all that like the DENON?

I dont know what to do!
Reply Speakers

Tags
Focal , Focal 705v , Focal Chorus 836 V , Focal 716v Floor Standing Speakers , Focal 706v Chorus Loudspeakers , Focal Chorus 726v Floorstanding Speaker Light Walnut
Gear in this thread - 726v by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page