Focal - JM Lab Owner's Thread - Page 230 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6871 of 6874 Old Yesterday, 05:54 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post
Hey All,

I am a proud owner of a Balanced Audio Technology VK-3000se integrated amplifier and I recently auditioned the Aria 948s with them and I found it awesome, and hence I might be acquiring a pair but then know Im looking at the 1038s. 1028 is out because I prefer larger speaker as I have many damping materials like clothes curtains and couch that really eat the bass up before it even gets to me...

Any opinions? Source is computer or Rega rp1 into a schiit Gungnir and Lehmann black cube linear respectively. After this wld be a TT upgrade to michell or clearaudio
See my post above. I think the Aria 948's are a fantastic speaker at a great price point. As soon as I hooked up the 1038's I realized how good that Be tweeter is. Vocals became more "real" and cymbal decay just floated away. If you can swing it, I'd go with the 1038's, unless you want to buy my Arias!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6872 of 6874 Old Yesterday, 11:20 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Quote:
Originally Posted by scirica View Post
See my post above. I think the Aria 948's are a fantastic speaker at a great price point. As soon as I hooked up the 1038's I realized how good that Be tweeter is. Vocals became more "real" and cymbal decay just floated away. If you can swing it, I'd go with the 1038's, unless you want to buy my Arias!!
Haha Im a very careful guy so if I were to get the Arias I would opt for a local one since Im a sucker for good support haha! Hmm may I ask what's the difference between 948 and 1038 in terms of bass response because I'm certain that the midrange and highs are definitely better but what about the bass and staging since the 948 is "bigger physically"
post #6873 of 6874 Old Today, 05:29 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 75 Post(s)
Liked: 25
I am trying to construct a small stand to angle my rear speakers toward the listening area....

This is for my L/R surround...They are 1008 BE....

Does anyone know the size of the screw that fits in the holes at the bottom of the speaker ?

Thanks for any help...

Shelly
post #6874 of 6874 Unread Today, 11:42 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 71 Post(s)
Liked: 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by myap2328 View Post
Haha Im a very careful guy so if I were to get the Arias I would opt for a local one since Im a sucker for good support haha! Hmm may I ask what's the difference between 948 and 1038 in terms of bass response because I'm certain that the midrange and highs are definitely better but what about the bass and staging since the 948 is "bigger physically"
Define "bigger physically"? The 1038's are taller, but less wide and deep. The 1038's also outweigh the 948's by 35lbs each. Staging is much better with the 1038's and the bass is pretty close between the two but the 1038's have a much better defined, less boomy bass. The three woofers of the 1038 have more surface area (I believe) than the two larger woofers of the 948's. Both are great speakers, but the 1038's are the obvious choice if money is taken out of the equation.

McIntosh MX121. McIntosh MC205. Focal Aria 948 Main Speakers, Aria CC900 Center. Focal Electra IC 1002 In-Ceiling Surrounds. Paradigm Studio Sub 15. Oppo BDP-105D. Roku XS. Roku 3. Apple TV(3). "Silenzio" EA-2 Media Server (pc-based). DirecTV. Panasonic TC-P65VT50. Samsung UN40FH6030F, URC MX-780.
My current SACD list
Reply Speakers

Tags
Focal , Focal 705v , Focal 706v Chorus Loudspeakers , Focal 716v Floor Standing Speakers , focal aria , Focal Chorus 726v Floorstanding Speaker Light Walnut , Focal Chorus 836 V , focal electra
Gear in this thread - 726v by PriceGrabber.com

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page