Focal - JM Lab Owner's Thread - Page 231 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #6901 of 6906 Old 05-15-2015, 06:19 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 2
They look gorgeous, but too expensive for me.
Given the price of Electra 1028 is around $7k, I hoped No.2 would be priced closer to $10,11k.
...maybe 2nd hand in a year or two. ;-)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #6902 of 6906 Old 05-17-2015, 12:18 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 38 Post(s)
Liked: 54
Quote:
Originally Posted by adidino View Post
All of the standard premium finishes (Basalt, Black, White, Champagne) will be discontinued. Color options will be low luster or custom colors.

Sopra will have some premium finishes available and is supposed to fall between Electra and Utopia. I should have a new pricing schedule soon. I will share when I receive it.
That's extremely disappointing. Why not just discontinue the electra series, raise the price or put out a new version.
post #6903 of 6906 Old 05-20-2015, 09:32 PM

Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 19
Can't wait for Sopra No. 3. I currently have 1038 Be and it's perfect for my room. They are as gorgeous as they get. I heard they could be Magico S series killer and Focal is trying to set the price/performance ratio so high in Sopra to compete with the rest of the field. No. 2 is more clear sounding than Scala V2 as I was told and Utopia may get a refresh next year.
The way I see is Focal is setting up with Sopra for their new found technologies this year for the Utopia refresh next year and beyond.
post #6904 of 6906 Unread Yesterday, 06:47 AM

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 27
Has anyone here heard first hand the differences between the Arias and the Electras?

I'm planning on getting th Electra center with Aria fronts and surrounds, with the possibility to upgrade to Electra fronts down the line. The Arias are so unbelievably musical and satisfying, I'm just wondering if anyone thinks the Electras lose that. I'm really wanting the center upgrade considering that it has the potential to make voices sound that much better every time I watch a movie....
post #6905 of 6906 Unread Today, 08:53 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by Contuzzi View Post
Has anyone here heard first hand the differences between the Arias and the Electras?

I'm planning on getting th Electra center with Aria fronts and surrounds, with the possibility to upgrade to Electra fronts down the line. The Arias are so unbelievably musical and satisfying, I'm just wondering if anyone thinks the Electras lose that. I'm really wanting the center upgrade considering that it has the potential to make voices sound that much better every time I watch a movie....
My girlfriend and I went to compare them about 6 months ago. First the 928, then the 1028be, then the 948. Same day, same music, same associated gear.

She picked the 1028be because "it seems a lot more clear to me. I could hear voices in the background that I didn't hear on the others. That string pluck sounded like it was in the room with the second ones".

I agreed, and that's what we went with. We both liked the look of the Arias better, but appreciated the sound signature of the Electra's more. Berylium tweeters seemed to call to us, and we don't have a sub so we needed a tower that could dig deep. That's us, though.

In the end, you just have to trust what your ears are telling you.
post #6906 of 6906 Unread Today, 09:03 AM

Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Also, man does Sopra look like a beautiful speaker. As others have stated the price point is a bit of a bummer (for my wallet anyway) but they look very nice. Would have to go with the black myself even though the red looks incredible.

Hopefully Overture gets them in soon. I will definitely go in for a listen - without my credit card.
Reply Speakers

Tags
Focal , Focal 705v , Focal 706v Chorus Loudspeakers , Focal 716v Floor Standing Speakers , focal aria , Focal Chorus 726v Floorstanding Speaker Light Walnut , Focal Chorus 836 V , focal electra
Gear in this thread - 726v by PriceGrabber.com