Revel Owners Thread - Page 250 - AVS Forum
Forum Jump: 

Old 12-17-2014, 11:52 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Hello All
I have finished reading all 7470 post in this thread trying to read up on any posts relating to the Salon 2s and Revel as a company. I auditioned the Salon 2's earlier this year, several times, and I fell in love with the silky smooth sound. I saved up so that I may have them delivered this Friday. It will be an awesome Christmas present to myslef! I am very excited to get them in my house, with an in-home demo. I'm hoping that they will stay, of course, but it's nice to have some degree of confidence before the check is cashed. Thanks to everyone who posted here, so that I could get a decent picture of the speakers and company from owner's eyes/ears... I will post my impressions later this weekend, when I have a few days with them. I am hoping that it's love at first note! Pete
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-19-2014, 10:04 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737 View Post
Hello All
I have finished reading all 7470 post in this thread trying to read up on any posts relating to the Salon 2s and Revel as a company. I auditioned the Salon 2's earlier this year, several times, and I fell in love with the silky smooth sound. I saved up so that I may have them delivered this Friday. It will be an awesome Christmas present to myslef! I am very excited to get them in my house, with an in-home demo. I'm hoping that they will stay, of course, but it's nice to have some degree of confidence before the check is cashed. Thanks to everyone who posted here, so that I could get a decent picture of the speakers and company from owner's eyes/ears... I will post my impressions later this weekend, when I have a few days with them. I am hoping that it's love at first note! Pete
Pete, there are very few things that I like to say I'm very much assured of, but the Salon2s are one of them. You will thoroughly love these speakers and congrts on the purchase. Be sure you have plenty of amplification (You really need 200w bare minimum) and spend the time to dial them into your room and use the dials on the back appropriately they an make a huge difference. And, since you've read all the posts, you've hopefully gleaned the absolutely, positively most important item when it comes to auditioning Revel speakers and especially the Salon2s: you must baptize the speakers by playing Yo-Yo Ma Plays Ennio Morricone. This is a required rite of initiation for all REVELers.

ENJOY AND EARLY CHRISTMAS TODAY!!!!

Old 12-19-2014, 06:30 PM

Thanks THX!!
I have that Yo Yo Ma cd on my to-buy list if I don't get it from my wife on Christmas! She has a wish list of music!! So far, I am mesmerized by the silky smooth miss and highs! The room has been quirky acoustically and it is well treated. I plan on spending the next 4 days doing as you suggested, tweaking with music and REW. For tonight, I can't stop putting in another disc. I will post pics and system info later this weekend. Pete
Old 12-21-2014, 12:13 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 60 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete6737 View Post
Thanks THX!!
I have that Yo Yo Ma cd on my to-buy list if I don't get it from my wife on Christmas! She has a wish list of music!! So far, I am mesmerized by the silky smooth miss and highs! The room has been quirky acoustically and it is well treated. I plan on spending the next 4 days doing as you suggested, tweaking with music and REW. For tonight, I can't stop putting in another disc. I will post pics and system info later this weekend. Pete

The Ultima2 Salons and Yo-Yo-Ma are a package set. If you don't have one without the other, something's wrong . Hope you're enjoying one of the best loudspeakers on the planet.

Old 12-22-2014, 10:33 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 22 Post(s)
Liked: 58
Just got the Emotiva XMC-1 a week ago. It's a great pre/pro and it really makes my speakers (F208) come to life.

I can't believe how good it is...and I don't even have Dirac yet!
Old Today, 06:10 AM

I have the Concerta series. I have found a good price on the Performa C205. Is it worth replacing the C12 for the C205? I have F12's as fronts... They should match ok, right? So hard NOT to buy it, but will I be sonicly satiated?

Thanks guys, I know they're not Salons, but one day...

Tags
Revel