Old 01-17-2015, 02:44 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 80 Post(s)
Liked: 106
Quote:
Originally Posted by Music4Life View Post
I have a W4S DAC2 as a preamp/DAC hooked up directly to a Pass Labs XA30.5, and using a Marantz UD7007 primarily as a CD player transport.
Nice!

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2015, 02:50 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsdec View Post
I'm thinking of unloading my performa3 F208 and C208 along w my F12 and buy 6 C35s and the center for 7.1. Hmm.
You can't be serious.

I know you didn't ask me but I have a 7.2 system and if I didn't use the rears(instead of the side surrounds) when I listen to 5.1 music, I wouldn't bother.
I think you'd be taking quite a step down from the Performas plus the loss and hassle of selling speakers.
I'm assuming you can't use a F208 for the center.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

Old 01-17-2015, 06:25 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
I'm looking at a pair used of Revel F30 speakers on craigslist. Question what is the recommended distance from the backwall on these speakers? The speakers are a great deal at 400 so Im very tempted. The tweeters are dented, so I have contacted revel for a replacement cost... Is this a good deal for Revel F30s?

Current Setup
Denon X4000 with Outlaw 750 Amplifier
Selah SSR as mainsCustom custom Sardonyx with with scans-peak drivers
Usher 721 and 711
SI 18D2 Sealed Subwoofer
Overnight Sensations desktop speakers

Last edited by Jamey Wagner; 01-17-2015 at 08:56 PM.
Old 01-18-2015, 05:12 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 47 Post(s)
Liked: 78
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Wagner View Post
I'm looking at a pair used of Revel F30 speakers on craigslist. Question what is the recommended distance from the backwall on these speakers? The speakers are a great deal at 400 so Im very tempted. The tweeters are dented, so I have contacted revel for a replacement cost... Is this a good deal for Revel F30s?
The further out from the (all) walls, the better the soundstage. Both in width and depth.

Custom, one of a kind pair, MJC212 mains, mod PT800 center, PT800 surrounds, SUB1500s. Parasound P7, Citation 19, Parasound HCA2205A, HK AVR3600, Marantz TT, Denon disc player, MacBook Pro w/ DragonFly usbDAC.
Old 01-18-2015, 07:45 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 59
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post
You can't be serious.

I know you didn't ask me but I have a 7.2 system and if I didn't use the rears(instead of the side surrounds) when I listen to 5.1 music, I wouldn't bother.
I think you'd be taking quite a step down from the Performas plus the loss and hassle of selling speakers.
I'm assuming you can't use a F208 for the center.
Yes I have a console so I need a horizontal center channel. I wonder how much of a step down it is though...same material drivers, similar designs.

I do agree the hassle is a deterrent, but it would be very minimal cost if the resale of the F208/C208 is decent. I still have the plastic on my speakers .
Old 01-18-2015, 08:55 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Yes I have a console so I need a horizontal center channel. I wonder how much of a step down it is though...same material drivers, similar designs.

I do agree the hassle is a deterrent, but it would be very minimal cost if the resale of the F208/C208 is decent. I still have the plastic on my speakers .
If I knew where you lived I'd come over and rip that plastic right off!

Old 01-18-2015, 09:24 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamey Wagner View Post
Check Audiogon for price comparo.
$400 sounds very good but the cost and lead time for the tweets might erase any price advantage.
Looking at your existing system I'm guessing you're adding a system and not replacing what you have.

Old 01-18-2015, 12:43 PM

Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked: 15
Quote:
Check Audiogon for price comparo.
$400 sounds very good but the cost and lead time for the tweets might erase any price advantage.
Looking at your existing system I'm guessing you're adding a system and not replacing what you have.
I just kinda wanted to play with having towers. Ive seen them sell from 750-999 on ebay so I understand the value. I will call revel on Monday for the costs of the tweeters.

Current Setup
Denon X4000 with Outlaw 750 Amplifier
Selah SSR as mainsCustom custom Sardonyx with with scans-peak drivers
Usher 721 and 711
SI 18D2 Sealed Subwoofer
Overnight Sensations desktop speakers
Old 01-18-2015, 02:21 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Quote:

If I knew where you lived I'd come over and rip that plastic right off!
Lol. My buddy said the same thing. I have 2 craxy boys do until they grow up, I gotta protect my finish .
Old 01-18-2015, 06:31 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 11
Nakid Revels

So the wife hates the aluminum polished sides on the Salons, so I took em off and I'm kind of enjoying them nakid. I have 3/8" plug covers coming for the bolt holes that will hopefully look somewhat stock. Anyone else do this with their v1 Revel Ultimas?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1449.JPG
Views:	67
Size:	211.7 KB
ID:	486778   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1402.JPG
Views:	55
Size:	233.5 KB
ID:	486786  
RichB likes this.

Last edited by bdaley6509; 01-18-2015 at 06:35 PM. Reason: Photo Add
Old 01-19-2015, 02:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by steady teddy View Post
So with the announcement of the Concerta2 line I assume Revel have no plans on updating the Salon 2 or Studio 2 lines then?
Based on history, that'll be next. Probably in a couple of years.
Old Yesterday, 06:44 AM

Quoted: 13 Post(s)
Liked: 18
just purchased a pair of F208 for my bedroom, have had it for about 5 days. So far, I like what I'm hearing. The sound is lively and revealing, a slight bit forward sounding, the soundstage coming just slightly pass the plane of the speakers, but nevertheless the mids are intoxicating. Just have to experiment with taming the highs just a smidgen, maybe due to my room acoustics and/or equipment.
bthrb4u likes this.
Old Today, 04:14 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I'm building out a living room HT setup with Revel speakers. The room is 15' wide x 25' long with a cathedral ceiling that slopes from 9' to 18'. The TV is on the long wall. This room is open to the kitchen/breakfast room and dining room. I recently purchased M105's and a C205 for the front LR and C. I'm looking at the S12's for surrounds and a JL Audio F110 for the sub. I can get a great deal on a Denon X3100W AVR, but I'm open to suggestions.

Will the surrounds, sub and AVR play nicely with the mains I've already purchased?

Should I plug the ports on the M105's? They will be about 1-1.5' away from the back wall and about 6-12" away from bookshelves on either side of the TV.

Any other guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks, Nate.

Tags
Revel