Revel Owners Thread - Page 258 - AVS | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 74Likes

post #7711 of 7713 Old 04-22-2015, 02:12 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 167 Post(s)
Liked: 101
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecmess View Post
Hi all:

I recently purchased F208s and I am looking to rebuild a 5.1 system. This time around, I am looking for a more musical setup. I've had many av receivers, the last being a NAD 787 and I have never been fully happy with the music side of things. I have also had separates like Rotel and Parasound processors and multi-channel amps and was not fully happy either.

So, I was thinking of going with an integrated stereo amp with a hometheater bypass to an AV receiver. My one hang up is having different amps powering the L/R and whether or not this will affect 5.1 sound. I will use the C208 and M105 or the bipolar surrounds.

Primare I32 with a Pioneer Elite - sticking to all Class D amplification.
Hegel H160 with some AV receiver - Marantz perhaps
Simaudio Moon Neo 340i with some AV receiver.

Thanks!
I've been using different amps for years in a MC setup.
And my mains are different than my center/surrounds and still not a problem...perfect sonic match.
imo, Parasound should mate well with Revels as they do with JBLs, Infinity. So I don't see why you have had problems with your setups.
I don't know that Class D will be an improvement.

The need for bi/dipolar surrounds went out with DPL..with digital, discrete channels monopole are better. imo

Custom, one of a kind pair, MJC212 mains, mod PT800 center, PT800 surrounds, SUB1500s. Parasound P7, Citation 19, Parasound HCA2205A, HK AVR3600, Marantz TT, Samsung BD player, Denon DVD-A player, MacBook Pro w/ DragonFly DAC.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7712 of 7713 Old 04-24-2015, 09:58 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 113 Post(s)
Liked: 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by joecmess View Post
Thanks - I will take a look.
I have the XMC-1 w the XPR-2 and XPR-5 driving my F208/C208/F12. It sounds great!
post #7713 of 7713 Old Today, 11:49 AM
Just add water and stir

Quoted: 35 Post(s)
Liked: 468
Here are some pictures of the big upgrades I did by adding an all Revel Performa3 11 channel theatre, with 2 Paradigm Reference Studio Sub15's. Sounds amazing. We also upgraded our seating in the front row to now include a couch with reclining leg rests, because mom wanted more family cuddle time and the individual theatre seats did not allow. I miss the cup holders most of all.

Revel Performa3
F-208 Front L/R
C-208 Center
F-206 Wides L/R
M-105 Heights L/R
S-206 Surround L/R
S-206 Surround Back L/R

Paradigm
Reference Studio Sub15's

Love it so far
Sponsored Links
Advertisement