Revel Owners Thread - Page 259 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 80Likes
post #7741 of 7745 Old Yesterday, 11:56 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 11 Post(s)
Liked: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith2 View Post
I can only relate what I heard. I really thought that amps were just amps until I started experimenting. In my system (Av8801) the A21 sounded veiled, lacking detail. However they were a lot better than the ATI 6005 which I found bright and fatiguing. The JC1 was much better fit however 3 of them would cost as much as the ML's, not to mention you could fry an egg on it under load.

Anyway my quest to get the best out of the F208's continues. I now have a Classe CA5300 but I'm waiting on an SSP to evaluate.
When I had F208s I used an A21 to drive them. I say, you don't know, what you don't know, until you change something. I thought the A21 was great until I compared it to something else. The A21 is good for the money, but not close to what some of the more expensive highend amps can do...of course that's my opinion based on listening in my system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7742 of 7745 Old Yesterday, 12:22 PM

Quoted: 50 Post(s)
Liked: 20
Precisely.
post #7743 of 7745 Old Today, 12:41 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Hi Guys, I bought a B112 in Oct 2013 from an in-state reseller who I believe is no longer an authorized reseller, or perhaps in business at all. However, Revel confirmed that he was authorized in 2013. I paid with Paypal through Audiogon, had it shipped to me and didn't ask for a hard receipt (yeah, I know). Since the transaction is over a year old I can't even see it in my history. My B112 needs service now (won't come out of standby or connect to my laptop and gives a metallic thud when you switch off the power) and I have no idea how I'm going to prove that I bought from an authorized reseller. A Revel tech hinted in email that it might be a quick fix (I'm thinking the fuse?) but asked me to send a scan of my original receipt to prove warranty coverage. If I can't get in touch with the seller am I just out of luck?
post #7744 of 7745 Unread Today, 02:59 PM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 470 Post(s)
Liked: 372
Quote:
Originally Posted by mart541 View Post
Hi Guys, I bought a B112 in Oct 2013 from an in-state reseller who I believe is no longer an authorized reseller, or perhaps in business at all. However, Revel confirmed that he was authorized in 2013. I paid with Paypal through Audiogon, had it shipped to me and didn't ask for a hard receipt (yeah, I know). Since the transaction is over a year old I can't even see it in my history. My B112 needs service now (won't come out of standby or connect to my laptop and gives a metallic thud when you switch off the power) and I have no idea how I'm going to prove that I bought from an authorized reseller. A Revel tech hinted in email that it might be a quick fix (I'm thinking the fuse?) but asked me to send a scan of my original receipt to prove warranty coverage. If I can't get in touch with the seller am I just out of luck?
If you paid with PayPal, you should be able to look much further back in your history than 1 year. I just checked and I can look at transactions as far back as July 7, 2012.
post #7745 of 7745 Unread Today, 03:17 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsr View Post
If you paid with PayPal, you should be able to look much further back in your history than 1 year. I just checked and I can look at transactions as far back as July 7, 2012.
Oh, I got it now, thanks. Paypal shows the recipient as an individual rather than a business name, but I bet I can figure it out...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Revel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page