Revel Owners Thread - Page 261 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 82Likes
post #7801 of 7804 Old 07-21-2015, 11:58 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 681 Post(s)
Liked: 837
First off, thanks to everyone for the opinions, thoughts, advice, and comments. Greatly appreciated.

I'm very glad I made that 4 hour round trip. I auditioned the Revel F206 and F208, and a Kef 700 and a Paradigm Prestige 75F. I went in with a buying bias toward the Revel's, but in the end it didn't matter. The Paradigm's were nice sounding speakers but were too bright. I probably should have given the Kef's another listen, this time against the Revel's, but I eliminated them when they went up against the Paradigm's. I'm going with the F206s. The bass coming from the F208s was way too much for me . Another poster mentioned that the F206 was a better musical speaker, and I would agree. Although, if you really like some heavy hitting bass with your music then the F208 would fit perfectly. But for me it only took listening to two songs on the F208s to realize for my space (16x20) and with my Rythmik XVF15, the bass would be too overwhelming for my listening enjoyment. I felt the F206s brought the right amount of highs mixed in with a middle of the road bass that will suit me perfectly. I am going with the C208, though. When speaking with the installer I bought them from, who gave me an exceptional price, IMO, he suggested going with the larger center. If I would have gone with the C205 it wouldn't have been much of an upgrade, and that made no sense. Anyway, thanks again for the help, and I'm looking forward to delivery of my Revel's.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7802 of 7804 Old 07-21-2015, 07:40 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 150 Post(s)
Liked: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
First off, thanks to everyone for the opinions, thoughts, advice, and comments. Greatly appreciated.

I'm very glad I made that 4 hour round trip. I auditioned the Revel F206 and F208, and a Kef 700 and a Paradigm Prestige 75F. I went in with a buying bias toward the Revel's, but in the end it didn't matter. The Paradigm's were nice sounding speakers but were too bright. I probably should have given the Kef's another listen, this time against the Revel's, but I eliminated them when they went up against the Paradigm's. I'm going with the F206s. The bass coming from the F208s was way too much for me . Another poster mentioned that the F206 was a better musical speaker, and I would agree. Although, if you really like some heavy hitting bass with your music then the F208 would fit perfectly. But for me it only took listening to two songs on the F208s to realize for my space (16x20) and with my Rythmik XVF15, the bass would be too overwhelming for my listening enjoyment. I felt the F206s brought the right amount of highs mixed in with a middle of the road bass that will suit me perfectly. I am going with the C208, though. When speaking with the installer I bought them from, who gave me an exceptional price, IMO, he suggested going with the larger center. If I would have gone with the C205 it wouldn't have been much of an upgrade, and that made no sense. Anyway, thanks again for the help, and I'm looking forward to delivery of my Revel's.
Nice job! Looks like it was a very rewarding trip. Good choice going with the C208. If you have the room and the budget, it's the right move.

Now with the F206, I don't think you can go wrong but since I also listened to them side by side and chose the F208, I guess we can agree to disagree .

My family room is about 14.5'x 20.5' x 9' so I think my room is a little smaller. Just a little disclaimer that I listen to music pretty loud and I like bass and more importantly speakers that can produce dynamics with no strain or compression. And I'm talking about small differences.

What I observed was that the F206 being a smaller speaker suffers from a tiny bit of compression that the F208 does not. The F208 has more of an 'effortless' sound quality. With the F208, you can also listen to most music without a subwoofer and the quality of the bass is very solid.

Also, the F208 like the C208 has adjustment controls on the back. With my slightly live room, having the ability to turn the treble down my -.5 made a subtle but noticeable difference. The F208 and the F206 come with port bungs to help attenuate the bass to suit your room. So, in my room using the port bungs tightened up the bass even more and allowed me to use my sub.

If I ever move to a larger space, I will remove the port bungs. My plans are to not replace these speakers anytime soon if ever so I wanted to make sure I covered all the bases.

Just giving you any additional info that will help you reaffirm your decision or perhaps opt out for the F208. At least that was the point of this post.

Congrats! The revels do rock.
post #7803 of 7804 Unread Today, 05:06 PM

Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked: 11
revel shipping

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
I use the a pair of A21's with my Salons and my brother-in-law used an A21 for his F206's. They are a fantastic match.

I purchased a new Voice2 so naturally, U have all new Revel Salon2's, Studio2's on order
My Revels are all in the classifieds now. Although, I have no idea how to ship the Studio and Salons.

Does anyone have recommendations for shipping Studios, Salons or other very heavy speakers?

- Rich
If no one has posted to you, this is how i shipped salon ones (L;C;R) from fl to washington state.
it appears you did not retain the original packing (i did, which makes it all a lot easier)
that said, as these are 200# speakers, they need to be seriously overpacked, and mounted on a wood pallet, wrapped in plastic so they will transit safely.(commercial LTL carrier)
Yep, lots of work, but selling a product that arrives damaged is a loser in all regards.
best of luck
walt

Last edited by yacht422; Today at 05:08 PM. Reason: corrected spelling and added commercial LTL
post #7804 of 7804 Unread Today, 05:15 PM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 454 Post(s)
Liked: 313
Quote:
Originally Posted by yacht422 View Post
If no one has posted to you, this is how i shipped salon ones (L;C;R) from fl to washington state.
it appears you did not retain the original packing (i did, which makes it all a lot easier)
that said, as these are 200# speakers, they need to be seriously overpacked, and mounted on a wood pallet, wrapped in plastic so they will transit safely.(commercial LTL carrier)
Yep, lots of work, but selling a product that arrives damaged is a loser in all regards.
best of luck
walt
Thanks Walt.

I do have the original boxes and will pallet ship them.
Now, to find a buyer

- Rich

Oppo Beta Group

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Oppo PM-1 | Parasound A21 + A21 + A51 | Revel Salon, Voice, Studio | Velodyne HGS-15
For Sale: Revel Salons and Revel Studios (together or separately)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Revel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page