Revel Owners Thread - Page 263 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 92Likes

post #7861 of 7863 Old Today, 02:11 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 5 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Good evening all! I've been reading and researching too long (or so it seems). I have yet to hear any speakers, we had been living in an apartment waiting to move into our new home. And now that we are moving in, I need to ramp things up a bit. I have attached an image that gives an idea of my room. Blue items are the sectional and a chair, green is the sub (SVS PB12 NSD), red is the tv stand and approximate location of the speakers. The "x" on the couch would be the main listening position - couch is about 12' away from the tv stand. However, I am planning on getting a articulated tv mount so I can watch tv while in the kitchen. That being said, I would also be listen to music all over the room as well - kitchen, at the dining table, etc.

We did try to put the tv on the wall just to the left so it can be seen directly into the kitchen, but we could not make the room work. This current set up makes a nice open feel to the room. On the windows behind the sectional we have nice heavy curtains.

My listening would be about 60% HT and 40% music, give or take. Music taste is all across the board - classic, rock, alt, heavy, etc.

My current receiver is an Onkyo HT-RC270 (purchased 12/2010). Specs on the receiver (http://www.onkyousa.com/Products/mod...class=Receiver). I do plan on upgrading to either a Denon x4200 or x6200 before the years end.

I have currently been putting together a list of speakers that I would like to consider and possibly try out:
- Aperion Verus Grand Tower/Center
- Salk Song Tower/Center
- Ascend Sierra Tower/Horizon center
and recently have taken an interest in the Revel F206/C205

I wanted to get some feedback based on my setup and receiver on how the Revels might work for me. Also, if anyone has info on side by sides/testing they had done on any of other speakers, please feel free to share. I have one Revel dealer near me, and all they have are the F208s which are outside of my price range. I have read tons of great things on the F206/C205, and while these are all opinions, they sound like they should be an excellent set for LCR. I'm not sure if I would be able to swing it, but would the C208 be that much better of an upgrade over the C205?

Again, thanks for any assistance!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Room layout.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	79.7 KB
ID:	919194  

Last edited by Murmur; Today at 02:22 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #7862 of 7863 Old Today, 08:23 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aliens View Post
Go to post testing and make a bunch of posts until you get to ten.
Posts in the test area do not count in your post tally.
post #7863 of 7863 Old Today, 08:39 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I am looking to upgrade my office speakers. I currently have Monitor Audio Silver RS-1s. In my office I listen to 95% music. I have F52s as my main speakers downstairs.
A small bookshelf speaker works great (size-wise). After reading the thread, it seems like there is a consensus that the M105 sounds as good or perhaps better than the M106.

I would welcome any tips or suggestions of where to buy and if a 20% discount is possible. I live near Denver.

Thanks in advance. Cy

as a newbie, I can't pm.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Revel