Revel Owners Thread - Page 281 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 507Likes

Old 06-16-2016, 10:27 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 142 Post(s)
Liked: 52
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino View Post
Jeff,

I use a C205 along with my M106 - all powered by Anthem MRX 310. For my room size and preferred listening position/volume, I'd say it's just right. I have no complaints at all. You can see a photo of my setup in post # 8202
Thanks Cavallino,
I live in an apt and my listening area is 12' to the MLP and 14' wide.
So I don't know if I need a beast as big as the 208. I do listen 50/50 movies and audio including SACD, and DVDaudio.

Regards,
Jeff
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-16-2016, 11:05 AM
AVS Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 513 Post(s)
Liked: 595
Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
Speaking of preventing damage, is there a way for me to personally determine maximum safe levels for listening/watching various content without damaging gear? Measurement mic + REW are tools I currently posses. Also, is it possible to use such tools to determine signs of damage in speakers?
Other than the suggestion from @RichB , my best advice would be to measure the output of the amp and see when it is driven into clipping. That's much more likely the culprit vs. the speaker itself breaking up. Perhaps some others know the best way to check an amplifier's output for clipping; I know I don't have the test gear.

John Schuermann
www.thescreeningroomav.com Home Theater Design john@thescreeningroomav.com
JS Music and Sound Post Production Audio / Original Music for Film and Video
Check out my new movie!: www.stephensonmovie.com
Old 06-16-2016, 11:08 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Thanks Cavallino,
I live in an apt and my listening area is 12' to the MLP and 14' wide.
So I don't know if I need a beast as big as the 208. I do listen 50/50 movies and audio including SACD, and DVDaudio.

Regards,
Jeff
Hi Jeff -

How big is the room overall? In a room as big as mine (15.5' x 22' x 8') that also opens to another room, I'd go with the C208. If your room is the size of an average living room (14' x 15' x 8' or so), you should be fine with the C205 - unless you like to play it crazy loud

John Schuermann
Old 06-16-2016, 11:15 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeffeMusic View Post
Hello all,
Thanks for the feedback on the C208. I just have to see if I can fit that beast! What is the consensus on toe in for the Performas? If I aim them dir at the MLP will I get the best imaging, or at the shoulders for width and loose some image?

Regards,
Jeff
As one of the prime design goals of Revel speakers is broad and even dispersion, you can get excellent results even if you don't aim them directly at MLP. Toeing them in will most likely give you more pinpoint imaging, where aiming them past your ears will broaden the soundstage. Best advice is to experiment until you find the best mix of the two qualities per your preference.

Of course, what is on the wall to either side of each speaker will affect this is well, so again, it's best to experiment.

BTW, here are Dr. Toole's views on this subject:

https://www.audioholics.com/room-aco...man-adaptation

Interesting in that Toole likes using side reflections to broaden the soundstage (he's mostly a classical music listener) while Kevin Voecks prefers treating the side walls and getting more precise imaging:

Hope this helps!
Greenwood Ave likes this.

John Schuermann
Old 06-16-2016, 11:16 AM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 6 Post(s)
Liked: 1
Revel Solon2 cost

Hello,

I'm new to AVS and this forum, so if I'm asking a question that has been discussed, please send a link to that thread. I heard the Salon2s while out of town, and I have no dealer near me. What is reasonably the best price that I can purchase a new pair of A-stock Salon2s for from a dealer? Does anyone ever purchase these for list price of nearly 22K for the pair?

Thanks,
Jon
Old 06-16-2016, 12:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 334 Post(s)
Liked: 260
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jon3591 View Post
Hello,

I'm new to AVS and this forum, so if I'm asking a question that has been discussed, please send a link to that thread. I heard the Salon2s while out of town, and I have no dealer near me. What is reasonably the best price that I can purchase a new pair of A-stock Salon2s for from a dealer? Does anyone ever purchase these for list price of nearly 22K for the pair?

Thanks,
Jon

I just sent you a pm
Old 06-16-2016, 12:17 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Hello,

Thanks,
Jon
Hi Jon -

AVS Forum rules don't allow for discussion of pricing other than MSRP. That said, dealers have discretion in setting their prices. Just beware of internet "shopping cart" sites that claim to have access to Revel - I can honestly say that they do not (feel free to contact Harman directly to confirm - the shopping cart sites have no legitimate access to Revel product).

I just sent you a PM - because you only have one post, you will not be able to respond, but you can e-mail me directly (I included my e-mail address in the PM).

John Schuermann
Old 06-17-2016, 08:34 AM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 450 Post(s)
Liked: 201
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Schuermann View Post
Other than the suggestion from @RichB , my best advice would be to measure the output of the amp and see when it is driven into clipping. That's much more likely the culprit vs. the speaker itself breaking up. Perhaps some others know the best way to check an amplifier's output for clipping; I know I don't have the test gear.
I will most likely get good pro amp with clipping indicators anyway so that wont be an issue.
John Schuermann likes this.
Old 06-17-2016, 08:39 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by donktard View Post
I will most likely get good pro amp with clipping indicators anyway so that wont be an issue.

ATI amps have clipping indicators.

- Rich

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | Oppo PM-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15
Old 06-17-2016, 11:31 AM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 30 Post(s)
Liked: 17
Question

This is going to be fun test! Fun and educating

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrunr View Post
How does the F208 and C208 compare to say the Aerial Acoustics 7T and 7CC or Model 9 and CC5 speakers? It looks like it should be one of the best available. Has anyone compared them?

Or should we add in the Bryston offerings>
I am always looking for a quality, DYNAMIC center channel speaker...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jima4a View Post
The C208 is a true three way where the C205 is a two way MTM in which that type of design can have issues off center. Plus, the bigger center is often worth it in home theater and multichannel music.
Revel (C208 vs C205) vs (Aerial CC5 vs CC3b or CC3c) vs (Bryston TC1 mini vs Bryston AC1)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Sure, if you have the budget and space:

Here are the F206 specs:
10dB@30Hz -6dB@36Hz -3dB@42Hz

Here are the C208 specs:
10dB@34Hz -6dB@41Hz
-3dB@50Hz

Because the C208 is not ported (sealed), it rolls off earlier even with the larger drivers.

- Rich
Quote:
Originally Posted by cavallino View Post
Jeff,

I use a C205 along with my M106 - all powered by Anthem MRX 310. For my room size and preferred listening position/volume, I'd say it's just right. I have no complaints at all. You can see a photo of my setup in post # 8202
*WE CAN KEEP THE ALL POWERED BY THE MRX 310 or we can ADD anps to make it fair.

We should test them all out. The front three of each brand against each other!!

WHO SOUNDS BEST? MOST DYNAMIC? MOST ENGAGING!

************************************************** ********************************************
Old 06-17-2016, 03:55 PM
AVS Special Member

For anyone who hasn't seen it yet, Scott Wilkinson posted a quick review of the new Revel Concerta2s in a separate thread, based on his impressions at The High End Show in Irvine, CA earlier this month:

Revel at THE Show Newport 2016

Some of the relevant content:

Most of what I heard was 2-channel content played on the F36 towers by themselves (no subs), including "It Could Happen to You" by Diana Krall, "Jazz Variants" by The O-zone Percussion Group—both at CD specs (16/44.1)—and "Desafinado" by Ana Caram (a Chesky recording at 24/96). As you might imagine from the group's name, "Jazz Variants" has lots of percussion—drums, xylophone, cymbals, etc.—all of which were reproduced beautifully by the Revel system with no hint of untoward coloration. The voices of Diana Krall and Ana Caram were artfully rendered with warmth and authenticity, as were the instruments accompanying them.

For surround content, we heard a clip from The Art of Flight ("Ghosts n' Stuff" by Deadmau5) and Transformers: Dark Side of the Moon. In both cases, the bass was exceptionally deep and robust without being woofy—very impressive for two 10" subs! The surround effects from Transformers were excellent, with superb imaging and super-clean sound quality...
This system clearly demonstrated that cost does not necessarily correlate with quality; I heard far more expensive systems that did not sound nearly as good. Bravo, Revel!

We've sold about half a dozen Concerta2 systems since their launch a few months ago. From what I hear demand on the Concerta2s is almost 3 times what was originally estimated
Gladwin likes this.

John Schuermann
Old 06-18-2016, 07:18 AM

Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
This system clearly demonstrated that cost does not necessarily correlate with quality; I heard far more expensive systems that did not sound nearly as good. Bravo, Revel![/I]

We've sold about half a dozen Concerta2 systems since their launch a few months ago. From what I hear demand on the Concerta2s is almost 3 times what was originally estimated [/QUOTE]

Looks like your company sells Revel as well as Paradigm speakers. Would like to know your thoughts and preference between the Revel F208 and Paradigm S6v3?
Gladwin likes this.
Old 06-18-2016, 10:02 AM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by leeshanok View Post
Looks like your company sells Revel as well as Paradigm speakers. Would like to know your thoughts and preference between the Revel F208 and Paradigm S6v3?
I haven't compared them directly, as I don't have both of those specific models in my showroom. From overall brand experience Paradigm tends to lean toward a brighter sound, while I would describe the Revels as more neutral and smooth. Both are very good. I used to have a set of Paradigm S8s as my main speakers but replaced them with a Revel / JBL setup I have now, if that tells you anything

Part of that is because I have some experience mixing films and film scores, and you will often find Revel and JBL on film mix stages (two very famous film composers mix on Revel Salon2s). The other reason is that I overall prefer the sound.

From what I understand Paradigm is one of the few brands that does pretty well during the Revel double blind listening sessions, with the brighter, more forward tilt being a noticeable difference.

John Schuermann
Old 06-18-2016, 10:14 AM
AVS Special Member

A quick update on the Revel Rhythm2 flagship Ultima subwoofers. As I've posted before, these are on final closeout at some pretty amazing prices. As of Friday afternoon (6/17/16) there were only six left in the country. If anyone is interested, now is the time to act

Read all about the sub here:

http://www.stereophile.com/content/r...dzuvg4y5u1m.97

Speaking of Revel subs, there are also some B stock B112s and B110s floating around as well.
Lindy's lad and Gladwin like this.

John Schuermann
Old 06-21-2016, 01:15 AM

Quoted: 43 Post(s)
I am enjoying the hell out of my Salon2s. These things are amazing. Imaging, soundstage, disappearing act, smoothness top to bottom, extension, depth, delicious, solid bass.

They make you happy.
RichB, gsr and Jon3591 like this.
Old 06-21-2016, 07:20 AM

My Salon2s coming

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy's lad View Post
I am enjoying the hell out of my Salon2s. These things are amazing. Imaging, soundstage, disappearing act, smoothness top to bottom, extension, depth, delicious, solid bass.

They make you happy.
My Salon2s are on the way to Birmingham from Nashville. I hope I enjoy mine as much as you!
Old 06-21-2016, 09:49 AM

Quoted: 48 Post(s)
Liked: 41
Quote:

They make you happy.
Quote:
My Salon2s are on the way to Birmingham from Nashville. I hope I enjoy mine as much as you!
Very nice to hear that youre having fun with your Salons...I have my F208s and those sound very nice too. I would like to hear the Studios, but my dealer doesnt have them.
Congrats.
Lindy's lad likes this.
Old 06-21-2016, 02:10 PM

Quote:
You're going to love them, guaranteed. Did they ship from HiFi Buys?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aracGuate View Post
Very nice to hear that youre having fun with your Salons...I have my F208s and those sound very nice too. I would like to hear the Studios, but my dealer doesnt have them.
Congrats.
The F208 is a great speaker. I have a pair and enjoyed them immensely while waiting for the Salons to get here. I'll probably sell them now that I have the big boys, but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. Trying to think where else I can use them.

You're a little far from me or I'd invite you over to hear my Salons.

Last edited by Lindy's lad; 06-21-2016 at 02:13 PM.
Old 06-21-2016, 03:19 PM

Quote:
You're going to love them, guaranteed. Did they ship from HiFi Buys?

The F208 is a great speaker. I have a pair and enjoyed them immensely while waiting for the Salons to get here. I'll probably sell them now that I have the big boys, but I haven't pulled the trigger on that yet. Trying to think where else I can use them.

You're a little far from me or I'd invite you over to hear my Salons.
Yes, from hifi buys in Nashville. I spent a long time with Jon Paul Hooper, both in the store and phone/emails. I have heard a lot of speakers including their line of Wilsons, B&Ws and none came close to the Salon2s.
Old 06-21-2016, 09:08 PM
Advanced Member

Quoted: 118 Post(s)
Liked: 44
Well...

I was told my Salon 2 were shipped today....

So being that they must go cross country, I won't get them till sometime next week....

Shelly
RichB, Lindy's lad and Jon3591 like this.
Old 06-22-2016, 07:13 AM

Quote:
Yes, from hifi buys in Nashville. I spent a long time with Jon Paul Hooper, both in the store and phone/emails. I have heard a lot of speakers including their line of Wilsons, B&Ws and none came close to the Salon2s.
Nice guys, glad they could fix you up. I came to the same conclusion, and hence, here we are!
Jon3591 likes this.
Old 06-22-2016, 10:32 AM
AVS Special Member

Shows the validity of the double blind testing undertaken at Harman. I know for a fact that a variety of Wilsons and B&Ws have gone into the Multi Listening Labs, and nothing has yet to beat the Salon2. It keeps getting pointed out that once you pass a certain threshold, there is little to no correlation between price and performance. Some of the worst sounding speakers they've tested have also been some of the most expensive.
Sedlack likes this.

John Schuermann
Old 06-23-2016, 12:10 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
So I am interested on some perspective from dealers in this forum as well as owners of the Performa3 line. This is my first post in this forum after reading through the last 20 or so pages of posts (I had a lot of time on my hands yesterday).

I am replacing my Klipsch speakers and I think Revel is going to be the way to go. I have a large room currently that measures 18 1/2 feet wide, 28 feet long, 9 foot ceilings and opens up into the kitchen near the back.

Current equipment is Anthem MRX510 (powers in ceiling surround only) hooked up to a parasound 5125 amp for the front main and center speakers. My sub is a powersound audio s3000i. Mains are Klipsch Reference rf82ii and the center is rc62. They have performed very well for me over the years as an entry level system, but I am ready to move on from horn loaded tweeters.

I am wondering if given the strong subwoofer if I can get away with the F206 speakers as opposed to the 208s. I know it is a large room so I am curious on what others think. I am positive I am going to purchase the C208 as I like the larger size and speaker configuration. Saving a few bucks on the mains would be nice, but if it would be a detriment to performance, then I would just assume go with the bigger towers. Most of our listening is TV and movies, only about 20% or less music. By the way, I like the volume Loud when watching movies, my volume level usually sits around -25 to -20 if you are familiar/experienced with the Anthem 510.

Regarding price on the speakers. I know we can't discuss specifics in the forum, but I would absolutely love to hear from some the dealers on this forum via PM on price for these three speakers. I'm not too happy with the dealer I spoke with in Dallas and for other reasons I won't get into, would prefer not to purchase from them again.
Old 06-23-2016, 01:07 PM

I'm guessing the resellers have been in touch with you but I will comment on youre speaker selection. If it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket, go for the 208. That's a relatively big room you have. Regardless, you will be amazed at the quality upgrade in sonics by going from Klipsch to Revel. I've had a number of Klipsch speakers over the years. None can compete in any way except efficiency with the Revels. The Revels are simply in another class of design, build and implementation.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:01 PM

Quoted: 130 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweich12 View Post
So I am interested on some perspective from dealers in this forum as well as owners of the Performa3 line. This is my first post in this forum after reading through the last 20 or so pages of posts (I had a lot of time on my hands yesterday).

I am replacing my Klipsch speakers and I think Revel is going to be the way to go. I have a large room currently that measures 18 1/2 feet wide, 28 feet long, 9 foot ceilings and opens up into the kitchen near the back.

Current equipment is Anthem MRX510 (powers in ceiling surround only) hooked up to a parasound 5125 amp for the front main and center speakers. My sub is a powersound audio s3000i. Mains are Klipsch Reference rf82ii and the center is rc62. They have performed very well for me over the years as an entry level system, but I am ready to move on from horn loaded tweeters.

I am wondering if given the strong subwoofer if I can get away with the F206 speakers as opposed to the 208s. I know it is a large room so I am curious on what others think. I am positive I am going to purchase the C208 as I like the larger size and speaker configuration. Saving a few bucks on the mains would be nice, but if it would be a detriment to performance, then I would just assume go with the bigger towers. Most of our listening is TV and movies, only about 20% or less music. By the way, I like the volume Loud when watching movies, my volume level usually sits around -25 to -20 if you are familiar/experienced with the Anthem 510.

Regarding price on the speakers. I know we can't discuss specifics in the forum, but I would absolutely love to hear from some the dealers on this forum via PM on price for these three speakers. I'm not too happy with the dealer I spoke with in Dallas and for other reasons I won't get into, would prefer not to purchase from them again.

I just want to drop in a good word for John Schuermann, a Revel dealer and a highly pleasurable person to work with. If he hasn't already contacted you, contact him soon because there are some time-limited deals that might be had! Tell him Ted sent you

DefTech ProCinema 1000 L/R/SL/SR
DefTech ProCinema 2000 C
DefTech Supercube III
Denon AVR790
Oppo PM-3
GIK bass traps and absorption
Old 06-23-2016, 04:39 PM
AVS Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by schweich12 View Post

I sent you a PM

I get the question about the F206 vs. the F208 quite often. Honestly, the F208 will do a better job filling your rather large space with sound. Yes, a subwoofer will help with the F206 and it will probably work quite well, however, the F208 will perform better and suffer from less power compression than the F206 due to the dual 8" woofers vs. the dual 6.5" design of the 206. Even if you cross over everything at 80 hz, you have considerably more radiating area for everything above that if you go with the F208, which means more pure volume as well as greater dynamics.

For a better explanation, here is a quote from Kevin Voecks of Revel about the top of the line Revel Salon2 vs. the step down Studio2 (they differences between those two models are very similar to the differences between the 206 and the 208):

Greenhill: Why would a customer purchase a Salon2 if he knows that the less-expensive Studio2 [reviewed by Kalman Rubinson in March 2008—Ed.] incorporates the same design principles?

Voecks: The Salon2 moves more air and has greater output, particularly in the bass. The Salon2's three 8" woofers have a combined area equivalent to a 14" woofer, but the heat generated is spread out among three voice-coils. This means that you won't get the heat buildup that leads to dynamic compression. (As voice-coils heat up, impedance goes up and leads to a mismatch in a speaker's filter network.) The Salon2 is more resistant to dynamic compression than the Studio2 because it has more drivers to dissipate the heat. The Salon2 also has a smaller midrange than the Studio2. This leads to a better match between tweeter and midrange drivers, helping control the Salon2's off-axis response.

The rest of the article can be found here: http://www.stereophile.com/interview...cxpcISW3p6w.99

John Schuermann
Old 06-23-2016, 09:15 PM

Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Quote:
I'm guessing the resellers have been in touch with you but I will comment on youre speaker selection. If it doesn't burn a hole in your pocket, go for the 208. That's a relatively big room you have. Regardless, you will be amazed at the quality upgrade in sonics by going from Klipsch to Revel. I've had a number of Klipsch speakers over the years. None can compete in any way except efficiency with the Revels. The Revels are simply in another class of design, build and implementation.
Thanks for the input Lindy, that is much appreciated. It is always a bit challenging to decide when listening to demo setups in a B&M showroom that is considerably smaller than my space (although usually properly setup) vs. actual response in a real home environment. I have been impressed with what I have demo'd thus far using familiar music and movie scenes, particularly scenes that have proven to be very fatiguing with my klipsch speakers. I will spring for the 208s as the cost increase is manageable.

What was your experience moving from high sensitivity speakers to the Revels from an amplifier standpoint? Did you find that the existing power was still sufficient to achieve the same volume levels? Or did you find a sufficient increase in amplifier power was necessary. As I mentioned previously, I currently use a parasound 5125 amplifier to drive my mains and center channel speakers.
Old 06-24-2016, 10:37 AM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Wow, haven't checked in on this thread for quite a while.
Nice to see it revved up again.
As always, excellent, sensible advice on this thread.

I wish I could have afforded Salon2s but for my room size I have never found them lacking but then again I've never directly A/B'd Salons v Studios and I'm sure I don't want to.

To those worried or who have spouses who worry about the larger Revels creating an imposing presence in the room, I can say I was a bit concerned about that as well.
After getting them in the LR and living with them for a short time I found the thin profile to really kind of blend in.
Plus they're so damn good looking that they just become another feature of the room.

Congrats to all of people having or waiting impatiently for their new Revels.
I can speak from my experience that positioning them(Studio 2s) is critical in getting the best sound staging & imaging.
Obviously true with most speakers but I found that sound stage depth(on certain recordings) especially benefited from tweaking the placement and the boundary controls.

I'm living vicariously through you folks right now as we have taken the living room down to the studs and sub floor in the process of raising the ceiling 16" and opening up a wall
that separated the LR from the dining room and kitchen. Replacing the large windows, adding some can lights etc.
No upstairs music except for Alexa is a bummer but the wait should be worth it.

I am very mindful about what removing a large section of the left wall will do the acoustics in the room.

After it's all done, I'm going to have the room measured and treated by Vicoustics.
If you're unfamiliar with their products they're very effective and very nice looking actually with multitude of options.

Also looking at bi-amping the Studio2s with some new monoblocks for the low end.

PS, I removed the annoying doors right off. Just takes a bit of a bend to free one hinge pin and voila!
FWIW, hold the door near the hinge side with one hand and gently press the center of the door outward away from the speaker.
Doesn't take much of a deflection to free the top pin.
RichB, gsr and Lindy's lad like this.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

Last edited by Milt99; 06-24-2016 at 10:41 AM.
Old 06-24-2016, 11:00 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Quoted: 657 Post(s)
Liked: 449
Quote:
Originally Posted by Milt99 View Post

I'm living vicariously through you folks right now as we have taken the living room down to the studs and sub floor in the process of raising the ceiling 16" and opening up a wall
that separated the LR from the dining room and kitchen. Replacing the large windows, adding some can lights etc.
No upstairs music except for Alexa is a bummer but the wait should be worth it.

I am very mindful about what removing a large section of the left wall will do the acoustics in the room.

After it's all done, I'm going to have the room measured and treated by Vicoustics.
If you're unfamiliar with their products they're very effective and very nice looking actually with multitude of options.

Also looking at bi-amping the Studio2s with some new monoblocks for the low end.

PS, I removed the annoying doors right off. Just takes a bit of a bend to free one hinge pin and voila!
FWIW, hold the door near the hinge side with one hand and gently press the center of the door outward away from the speaker.
Doesn't take much of a deflection to free the top pin.
Very cool. High ceilings can provide a bit a of air and size to the soundstage.

I did a quick test bi-amping the Studio2's with the AT6002 (single speaker) and the improvement I find in the Salon2's was there as well. Ultra-clean upper end and tightened bass. An AT6004 or AT4004 with bi-amping are also a great match.

- Rich

Oppo BDP-105D | Oppo HA-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | Oppo PM-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15
Old 06-24-2016, 12:53 PM
AVS Special Member

Quoted: 183 Post(s)
Liked: 203
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Very cool. High ceilings can provide a bit a of air and size to the soundstage.

I did a quick test bi-amping the Studio2's with the AT6002 (single speaker) and the improvement I find in the Salon2's was there as well. Ultra-clean upper end and tightened bass. An AT6004 or AT4004 with bi-amping are also a great match.

- Rich
Currently using a pair of Emotiva XPA-1L Class A monoblocks.
Thinking about one their new digital amps for the low end.

One thing I'd like to find out is exactly where the frequency xover between the 2 binding posts is.
I know from reading the manual that Revel offers two methods of bi-amping but I don't remember it outlining the specifics.

I should probably re-read the manual but I wasn't seriously considering bi-amping at the time.

Along with raising the ceiling I'm replacing the floor underlayment and applying Green Glue which will accomplish a couple things.

It ain't ignorance causes so much trouble; it's folks knowing so much that ain't so

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Tags
Revel