Revel Owners Thread - Page 288 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the Watchuseek.com newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
 408Likes
post #8611 of 8613 Unread Today, 05:52 AM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
I've recently decided on the Revel f206/f208 over the Goldenear Triton One's. I'm leanings towards the 208's at the moment. They will replace the Def Tech towers in the attached picture.

Here's my question:

I have one SVS sub in the far right corner of my room. Probably 6ft right of my right tower. I plan on getting a second sub. SVS recommends keeping your subs on the front soundstage. If I go that direction, I could place a sub a couple feet outside the right tower but my second sub would be directly behind left tower. I have no more room. So my choices are A: put both subs on front wall but the left tower and sub would be super close to each other. B: Put both subs behind my couch and have plenty of space around my towers.

What option should I choose?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8612 of 8613 Unread Today, 09:53 AM

Quoted: 42 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by zoysiaman View Post
I've recently decided on the Revel f206/f208 over the Goldenear Triton One's. I'm leanings towards the 208's at the moment. They will replace the Def Tech towers in the attached picture.

Here's my question:

I have one SVS sub in the far right corner of my room. Probably 6ft right of my right tower. I plan on getting a second sub. SVS recommends keeping your subs on the front soundstage. If I go that direction, I could place a sub a couple feet outside the right tower but my second sub would be directly behind left tower. I have no more room. So my choices are A: put both subs on front wall but the left tower and sub would be super close to each other. B: Put both subs behind my couch and have plenty of space around my towers.

What option should I choose?
Need room dimensions and circumstances, but lacking that:

Try them both. How hard would it be to do that? I'd try the front placement first. You left out the option of one in front and one at the rear (behind your furniture) of the room. That could work too. Experimentation is the key. You might also try one sub just to see if by any chance that works for you. It's worth doing before you invest in the second unit as there is no cost. Having said that, Revel does recommend multiple subs if possible, and that does make sense.

If all else is equal, symmetrical placement is usually the best approach in normal settings in my experience.
post #8613 of 8613 Unread Today, 10:12 AM

Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked: 0
Room is 17x16.

I guess I could play around it. The subs are 80 lbs so I could but it wouldn't be easy.

You're right though about the 3rd option:

One if the front and one in the back. They would be in opposing corners with my room which I suppose would be ideal for that configuration.

I haven't bought my equipment yet but I'm just game planning and trying to figure out what would best based off recommendations from others who have more experience and if there is a general rule of thumb with sub placement.

I'm also worried that having the sub directly behind the f206/f208 will hurt performance from my tower speakers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Revel