Revel Owners Thread - Page 295 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 1132Likes

post #8821 of 10073 Old 10-09-2016, 09:02 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 431
He did mention he has an SB13 Ultra and many have noted one of the most noticeable benefits of the 208's is the better bass. Since the sun would probably do more than the difference in enclosure size and radiator size it's pretty logica to look at the 206's. At least in my humble opinion. Both are great speakers.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #8822 of 10073 Old 10-09-2016, 09:22 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Quoted: 774 Post(s)
Liked: 434
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xcalak View Post
thanks laserjock II....this is what I expected was the right answer....just wanted to see if others agreed. Can you tell me why you would lean to the F206? Is it the room size?

I did do the RMAF today and the only Revel I saw/heard were the Ultima 2 in the room Kevin Voecks was in. Fabulous. Totally out of my price range.

Anyhoo......RMAF show special on the 206 that I can take advantage of for a week.....I suspect I will do this.....unless somebody stops me......somebody stop me.....
How far away do you sit?
post #8823 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 07:53 AM

Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked: 16
I probably should have mentioned why I discounted the 208's from the running, as they are a logical choice. F206 over the F208 due to a) I will be using the SB13 Ultra, and thus I don't expect the additional bass output of the 208's is really necessary, and b) the size of the 206's fits the space better than the 208's.....the wife has made this clear ;-) Also 206's are cheaper, so there's that.

How far do I sit? Well that's a good question. My couch is probably 17 or 18ft from the front plane of the speakers........ I know that's a long distance, but it's kind of what the room dictates. Frequently I don't sit at all and the speakers just play the room while I am in the kitchen section of the room (I cook a lot). Sometimes I will pull one of the chairs up 10 ft or so from the speakers for some critical listening. I'm all over the map regarding a defined listening position.

So I am not a 100% sit in the listening position and listen to music type of person......although sometimes I will do this. My application is really just obtaining some really nice sounding speakers (whether you are focusing on them or not) that also happen to look reasonably nice. I think the 206's could be the speaker that fits the bill, yes?
John Schuermann likes this.

post #8824 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 07:58 AM
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Quoted: 1271 Post(s)
Liked: 868
Quote:
I probably should have mentioned why I discounted the 208's from the running, as they are a logical choice. F206 over the F208 due to a) I will be using the SB13 Ultra, and thus I don't expect the additional bass output of the 208's is really necessary, and b) the size of the 206's fits the space better than the 208's.....the wife has made this clear ;-) Also 206's are cheaper, so there's that.

Consider PM'ing John and perhaps others, if you have not already done so, to determine the price of "discounted 208's"

- Rich

Oppo UPD-205 | Sonica DAC | BDP-105D | HA-1 | PM-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG 65C7 | Lumagen 2020
post #8825 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 08:03 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Xcalak , I'd say you should definitely go for the 206.

Are you saying you can get the demo pair on the "cheap"?
post #8826 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 08:07 AM

No, it's not the demo pair.....they'd be new but a a "discounted" price. I have no idea if it's a good discounted price, but it did put them in my ballpark. I know there is some sensitivity regarding mentioning prices, so I hesitate to do so... but I may PM this John fellow and chat him up. He is a authorized dealer of the Revel line?
post #8827 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 08:11 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
No, it's not the demo pair.....they'd be new but a a "discounted" price. I have no idea if it's a good discounted price, but it did put them in my ballpark. I know there is some sensitivity regarding mentioning prices, so I hesitate to do so... but I may PM this John fellow and chat him up. He is a authorized dealer of the Revel line?
Yes. Definitely.

Good info from him and he'll shoot straight with you.
post #8828 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 08:13 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Members "John Schuermann" and "SteveH" are both authorized Revel dealers and are both great to work with.
post #8829 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 10:21 AM

Just saw this in the user control panel "To be able to send PMs your post count must be 15 or greater." I did actually send John a PM but and it didn't tell me I was bad....but really don't know if it went through. This is post #11 , btw.....I'm almost there!!!

Maybe if John sees this he will feel sorry for me and PM me.....
post #8830 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 02:31 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Liked: 18
C208 and F208 impressions:

Coming from: Onkyo 608 with DefTech towers and center. CS8060 with BP8040 Towers

Now: Denon x3300, Emotiva XPA 3, revel C208 and F208

I have had this setup for about a week. I've listened to some music but mainly movies and TV. I'd still categorize my findings as impressions and not final review.

Noticeable Differences:

There are really 2 things that my Revel's do better my old DefTechs.

1. Cohesive soundstage: It has an amazing front soundstage and the speakers' sound melt together. The C208 really holds it own with those massive towers. The way the blend together is so nice.

2. Smooth sound: I never really thought my DefTechs were bright until I listened to my Revels. On rock music and more aggressive music I find they play loud but not harsh. Maybe it's my external amp but I can play louder without sounding harsh or bright.

From my movie watching, dialogue sounds clear and detailed but I don't hear some life changing difference in overall detail and clarity. Maybe I'll pickup some of the finer details over time.

Design: very well built and designed speakers. They are very large so you better have a lot of space for them. My room is 17x16 and they look a little big in my room.

I'll send some updated impressions as continue to adjust to them. I haven't done any bass heavy movies yet so I'm looking forward to seeing how they handle lower frequencies.

As of now, I'd give...

DefTech setup 7.8/10
Revel setup: 9/10
John Schuermann and HTNUT1975 like this.
post #8831 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 02:33 PM

Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Quoted: 20 Post(s)
Updated with pics including custom AV Cabinet
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1532_1476135104440.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	84.3 KB
ID:	1708361   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1531_1476135143025.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	1708369  
John Schuermann and MDJAK like this.
post #8832 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 02:47 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 53 Post(s)
Quoted: 1381 Post(s)
Liked: 1435
Nice looking cabinet - looks like it was worth the wait!
post #8833 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 03:10 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:

How far do I sit? Well that's a good question. My couch is probably 17 or 18ft from the front plane of the speakers........ I know that's a long distance, but it's kind of what the room dictates. Frequently I don't sit at all and the speakers just play the room while I am in the kitchen section of the room (I cook a lot). Sometimes I will pull one of the chairs up 10 ft or so from the speakers for some critical listening. I'm all over the map regarding a defined listening position.

So I am not a 100% sit in the listening position and listen to music type of person......although sometimes I will do this. My application is really just obtaining some really nice sounding speakers (whether you are focusing on them or not) that also happen to look reasonably nice. I think the 206's could be the speaker that fits the bill, yes?
Be good to know what you are powering these with as well - the F208s and F206s work better if you have some power behind them, typically a genuine 150 watts or so. We've been pairing them with Emotiva amps or Anthem receivers / separates quite a bit lately.

The SVS is a nice sub so crossing over the F206s / F208s will give you quite a bit more headroom.

RE: M106 vs. F206 vs. F208. As you move up the line, the speakers will play louder and go deeper into the bass. It's important to remember that a larger driver can simply move more air than a smaller driver, so therefore getting good levels / sound pressure level is easier to do when you have more driver surface area to work with. Even crossed over at 80 hz, the two 8" drivers will move more air for everything above that than the two 6 1/2" drivers on the F206. The F208 also has boundary controls while the F206 does not (this may not be an issue if the speaker is not going into a corner or right up against a wall, or if you are using some kind of room correction to EQ the bass).

This is not to talk you out of the F206 and into the F208, just an explanation of what the differences are when moving up from one speaker to the other besides just getting deeper bass output. For your space and listening distance, I would definitely recommend the F206 over the M106 since you do occasionally like to crank it up

Hope this helps!
post #8834 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 03:30 PM

Thanks John...that is very helpful. For amplification, I have a Parasound A23 which I believe is 125W/ch 8 Ohm and 225 W/ch 4 Ohm. This should suffice, as I will crossover to the sub at 80Hz (I also have a Parasound P5 preamp that has analog bass management). Do you agree?

I did like the F208 and I noticed the boundary control too....I assumed the F206 would not have this, and you have confirmed that. I am not really concerned though, as I have room to play with distance from walls. I think the SVS sub will be a decent match too, as it has a some integration flexibility in its controls....not to mention a couple bands of PEQ.

I think I might be getting close to making my mind up........tonight I might work on the wife and make sure she is on board!!!

Thanks to all for the comments!!
post #8835 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 04:00 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Thanks John...that is very helpful. For amplification, I have a Parasound A23 which I believe is 125W/ch 8 Ohm and 225 W/ch 4 Ohm. This should suffice, as I will crossover to the sub at 80Hz (I also have a Parasound P5 preamp that has analog bass management). Do you agree?

I did like the F208 and I noticed the boundary control too....I assumed the F206 would not have this, and you have confirmed that. I am not really concerned though, as I have room to play with distance from walls. I think the SVS sub will be a decent match too, as it has a some integration flexibility in its controls....not to mention a couple bands of PEQ.

I think I might be getting close to making my mind up........tonight I might work on the wife and make sure she is on board!!!

Thanks to all for the comments!!
The Parasound should be a very good matchup, and if you can keep the speakers a good 2' or so from walls and boundaries you should be good

Good luck!
post #8836 of 10073 Old 10-10-2016, 05:41 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbczar1 View Post
I own a pair of TDL Reference Standard spears I bought way back in 1994. Over the years I have not found anything much better, but time catches up to everything. I wondered if any of you had any experience with speakers like mine and could speak to the advantages a modern speaker like the F208 might have. The TDL play down to 16HZ. I have nice subs so I thought the F208 might be one to look at.
I've never had any experience with TDLs so can't comment authoritatively. One thing is for sure, though - speaker / driver measurement and manufacturing technologies have advanced drastically over the last 20 years, so auditioning speakers available now would be a great idea.

Revel's big claim to fame is that they conduct double blind listening tests on each speaker model against competing designs before release, and won't release a new model until it can reliably beat the competition during the testing. Their research has also confirmed that the most accurate speakers invariably win the listening tests (surprise, surprise). However, it's not just accuracy that matters - the speaker also needs to have broad, flat, even and wide dispersion with the same degree of accuracy off axis as on axis. To directly answer your question, the technologies that have resulted from this kind of research are the kinds of advantages that a modern speaker like the F208 would have.

Hope that makes sense!
post #8837 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 09:31 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

@Xcalak I don't know if you've seen this or if it's linked anywhere here, but this is very telling to me.

He seems to use the F206 as a reference speaker when comparing other reviews too.

http://hometheaterreview.com/revel-p...viewed/?page=2
post #8838 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 09:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjock II View Post
@Xcalak I don't know if you've seen this or if it's linked anywhere here, but this is very telling to me.

He seems to use the F206 as a reference speaker when comparing other reviews too.

http://hometheaterreview.com/revel-p...viewed/?page=2

Thanks for the link - I thought I had completely scoured the interwebs for reviews on both the 206/208, yet I had not seen this one. Most of the reviews out there are on the F208, likely because it's the top of the line - it's nice to see the F206 not only given equal space, but also the comparison of the two. Given I already have the SVS SB13, the F206 is probably going to be ideal in my room.

In my room I am currently trying out KEF R500's and, alternately, JBL 590's. These are totally different speakers, if you are familiar with them. The KEF's seem a bit laid back to me......not so much the 590's. I wish I could get a pair of the F206's to demo in my actual room, but I don't think that will happen. Anyway.......I think it's going to be the F206, given how much I liked the F208......
post #8839 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 10:21 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quote:
Anyway.......I think it's going to be the F206, given how much I liked the F208......
Thought you might appreciate seeing these spinoramas from Harman. These are high resolution graphs that show the anechoic measurements of the F206 and F208. Revel's philosophy is that all the speakers in the Performa3 lineup should sound the same, with the only differences being how low they will go and how loud they will play. If you look at these spins, you can see that the F206 and F208 measure almost identically other than in the very deepest bass:

F208

F206

Hope that helps!
post #8840 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 12:45 PM

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Subs

Let's just say.........

You had a pair of Salon2s and weren't ready (or smart enough) to jump on the recently deceased Rhythm deal when you had the chance.

And then let's just say you were considering some JL F113/2s. And then let's say that you'd read about the new SVS SB/UB16 packages. And then let's just say that the difference in prices between these products were either not significant or didn't matter to you. Looking at two subs for the rig. Room: 22' by 16' by 9.5', dedicated.

I ask here because I trust you Salon 2 owners/lovers to have insight into this. Also, let's just say that you were aware that none of these choices included a built in high pass for the Salon2s which, without a crossover, will I imagine be run full range.

What the hell would you do? I suppose another way of asking this is: have any of you integrated the F113/2 with your Salons? Have you found a high pass filter/crossover to be necessary?

Music first, HT an afterthought as I currently run my 2 ch. system in conjunction with a 75" Sony TV, but music is the first priority. I may add surrounds later, but that's later. What did I miss that I needed to tell you?

Now, let's just say you give it to me straight!
noshank likes this.
post #8841 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 12:52 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy's lad View Post
Let's just say.........

You had a pair of Salon2s and weren't ready (or smart enough) to jump on the recently deceased Rhythm deal when you had the chance.

And then let's just say you were considering some JL F113/2s. And then let's say that you'd read about the new SVS SB/UB16 packages. And then let's just say that the difference in prices between these products were either not significant or didn't matter to you. Looking at two subs for the rig. Room: 22' by 16' by 9.5', dedicated.

I ask here because I trust you Salon 2 owners/lovers to have insight into this. Also, let's just say that you were aware that none of these choices included a built in high pass for the Salon2s which, without a crossover, will I imagine be run full range.

What the hell would you do? I suppose another way of asking this is: have any of you integrated the F113/2 with your Salons? Have you found a high pass filter/crossover to be necessary?

Music first, HT an afterthought as I currently run my 2 ch. system in conjunction with a 75" Sony TV, but music is the first priority. I may add surrounds later, but that's later. What did I miss that I needed to tell you?

With the JL's I can't get past the fact that the warranty is only three years and the unit must be shipped back to JL on the owner's nickel for warranty service.
post #8842 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 01:25 PM
Advanced Member

Mentioned: 9 Post(s)
Quoted: 399 Post(s)
Liked: 276
Quote:
Let's just say.........

I also have Salon2's. I use them without assistance for two channel music. My room is similar in size to your room. It has double drywall on 2x6 double walls so not much sound gets out of the room. I can't imagine that the Salon's need help in the bass for most music, but that is your call in your installation. I listen to a lot of piano music so it's nice to have response in the mid 20Hz's but the Salon's provide that. I didn't pursue the Rhythms because the equalization process appeared to take quite some time and I make changes on a regular basis - it's a hobby!

Response to the lowest note on the piano is important even though the lowest keys are rarely used. If you have access to a grand piano play a middle C or A above that. With a clean finger touch or even just watch the stings down to the lowest note and they all vibrate when a higher note is hit. The impact of the hammer hitting the string is more like a pulse and a wide range of frequencies is generated. This initial impact determines the sound of the piano. Eliminate initial sounds from instruments and it is much hard to tell them apart, anyway...

For movies I also use a Voice2 which I would highly recommend, plus some surround speakers on the walls. I supplement the bass in movies with four 12"s sealed subwoofers that I built. The Salon's run full range. Audyssey manages the subs.

I'm considering a couple of the new SVS 16" units - vented, mainly because I like to try new, promising products. I wouldn't plan to use them for music because I don't see that they are needed. If I did use them, and hey if I owned them I'm sure I'd try, I'd use SVS's recommendation for Salon2's in general which is a crossover to the sub at 40Hz with the Salon2's running full range. Our ears are so insensitive at 40Hz and below that I doubt a little added output would be noticed and likely would be appreciated if it were noticeable. Likely I'll wait 3 to 6 months to get the SVS's because new products, even from good companies, often have problems and life is to short to mess with unneeded problems.
post #8843 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 01:26 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Quoted: 397 Post(s)
Liked: 290
Quote:
Let's just say.........

You must know a real dummy. He should thank you for asking all those questions for him.

Just kidding. We likely do not live too far apart in Nashville.
post #8844 of 10073 Old 10-11-2016, 03:26 PM

Quoted: 86 Post(s)
Liked: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigguyca View Post
I also have Salon2's. I use them without assistance for two channel music. My room is similar in size to your room. It has double drywall on 2x6 double walls so not much sound gets out of the room. I can't imagine that the Salon's need help in the bass for most music, but that is your call in your installation. I listen to a lot of piano music so it's nice to have response in the mid 20Hz's but the Salon's provide that. I didn't pursue the Rhythms because the equalization process appeared to take quite some time and I make changes on a regular basis - it's a hobby!

Response to the lowest note on the piano is important even though the lowest keys are rarely used. If you have access to a grand piano play a middle C or A above that. With a clean finger touch or even just watch the stings down to the lowest note and they all vibrate when a higher note is hit. The impact of the hammer hitting the string is more like a pulse and a wide range of frequencies is generated. This initial impact determines the sound of the piano. Eliminate initial sounds from instruments and it is much hard to tell them apart, anyway...

For movies I also use a Voice2 which I would highly recommend, plus some surround speakers on the walls. I supplement the bass in movies with four 12"s sealed subwoofers that I built. The Salon's run full range. Audyssey manages the subs.

I'm considering a couple of the new SVS 16" units - vented, mainly because I like to try new, promising products. I wouldn't plan to use them for music because I don't see that they are needed. If I did use them, and hey if I owned them I'm sure I'd try, I'd use SVS's recommendation for Salon2's in general which is a crossover to the sub at 40Hz with the Salon2's running full range. Our ears are so insensitive at 40Hz and below that I doubt a little added output would be noticed and likely would be appreciated if it were noticeable. Likely I'll wait 3 to 6 months to get the SVS's because new products, even from good companies, often have problems and life is to short to mess with unneeded problems.
I acquired the Salon 2s thinking a sub would be unnecessary. For classical music, which is about 20% of my listening, it probably isn't. Tympani is solid and tuneful, for example. For popular music and rock I sometimes think I'd like more foundation, and when I do watch movies with a lot of LF content, I certainly understand that a little more reinforcement down low might be fun. It surely isn't necessary for acoustic music. I do appreciate your comments about the harmonics in the piano. In that case, the lower strings are acting like drones but I don't know that a sub would add much that the Salon 2s don't already provide in that case. Multi-tracked studio recordings and certain modern forms might be another story.

I often wish I'd built the room (especially in respect to the floor) but it was existing in the house. Overall it's not a bad job, the dimensions work well and the system sounds terrific in general. The prior owners used it as a dedicated theater room and set it up as such although I use it with the speakers off the short wall and they had it set up for 5.1 using the long wall for their screen. The isolation between adjacent rooms is adequate but the floor seems a little "soft" if you know what I mean. Sound (especially bass) transmits down through the floor into the room below more than it does horizontally. Not really a surprise, but there's not much I can do about that at this point. You don't feel flexing when you walk on it and footfalls aren't heard downstairs, but you do feel what seems to be a lot of energy through the floor when the speakers hit low frequencies. I believe it is wasted energy. Adding isolation footers to the speakers might be an option but seems like it could be a bandaid. Buying something like Stillpoints really isn't in my wheelhouse and for that money, I'd as soon add subs.

I was almost ready to pull the trigger on the JLs when the SVS subs were announced a couple of days ago and they look promising just as you say. I rarely ask these sorts of questions because I fancy I have the ability to sort this stuff out for myself, but this one's a poser for me as I don't have any experience adding subs in home systems although I have ample experience with them in large scale PA. I might not have come to this on my own, but even Kevin Voecks is a proponent of multiple subs with the Salon 2s. And that's why I asked.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MUDCAT45 View Post
You must know a real dummy. He should thank you for asking all those questions for him.

Just kidding. We likely do not live too far apart in Nashville.
East Nashville. The guy I'm talking about has been called a dummy by some respectable people from time to time, probably for good reasons. He's not so dumb that he's ready to drop 5 or 6K on a pair of subs he doesn't need though.

PM me if you'd like to hear my rig. If you've got Salons, I'd be happy to hear yours too, or just share a beer.
post #8845 of 10073 Old 10-13-2016, 02:09 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 44 Post(s)
Ok, quick question and I hope someone can point me in the right direction/refer a vendor.

I have F208s, love them. I also have a 100lb White Lab who is about as coordinated as a frat boy at a keg party. There have been several close calls where he has almost knocked a 208 over despite carpet spikes.

What I am looking for is a set of outriggers I can attach to the bottom of the speaker to give it a wider base and a little more stability from accidental bumps (John Shuermann, I'm hoping you have something!).

Let me know if any of you have seen a solution that might work.
post #8846 of 10073 Old 10-15-2016, 11:45 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Sorry - don't know of anything! I will reach out to tech support and see if they have any ideas.
post #8847 of 10073 Old 10-15-2016, 10:37 PM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Quoted: 304 Post(s)
Liked: 431
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweich12 View Post
Ok, quick question and I hope someone can point me in the right direction/refer a vendor.

I have F208s, love them. I also have a 100lb White Lab who is about as coordinated as a frat boy at a keg party. There have been several close calls where he has almost knocked a 208 over despite carpet spikes.

What I am looking for is a set of outriggers I can attach to the bottom of the speaker to give it a wider base and a little more stability from accidental bumps (John Shuermann, I'm hoping you have something!).

Have you checked out Soundocity.com? They have a pretty wide variety of sizes and come/spike/feet options.
post #8848 of 10073 Old 10-16-2016, 06:47 AM
gsr
Oppo Beta Group

Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Quoted: 1266 Post(s)
Liked: 1330
Quote:
Originally Posted by schweich12 View Post

I doubt anyone makes anything like this that will work with the F208's (at least without modifications). My suggestion is do something along the lines of taking a couple of 2x4's or 1x2's and drilling holes to mount the 2x4's to the threaded inserts that the spikes go into. Cut the pieces of wood long enough to give the speakers as much stability as you need. If support side to side AND back to back is needed, use something like a piece of plywood. Either countersink the bolts that you use to mount to the threaded inserts on the speakers, or install spikes on the platform you make. How good this looks largely depends on your wood working skills. A piece of plywood can be made to look decent if you use high quality veneered plywood and dress the edges up with molding (half round perhaps). Put on a nice coat of finish to match or complement the speakers and the end result should stabilize your speakers and look nice too.
bigguyca likes this.
post #8849 of 10073 Old 10-16-2016, 10:35 AM
AVS Forum Special Member

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 136 Post(s)
Liked: 73
I've seen people just put a baby gate around that area and then the dog will have a buffer to stay clear around them. Assuming your dog isn't intentionally running into things.
post #8850 of 10073 Old 10-16-2016, 06:22 PM

Quoted: 100 Post(s)
Liked: 75
Glad I found this thread. Some years back, probably 15 or so, I listened to Revel studio with center channel in Lyric Hifi in White Plains, NY, once owned by the famous, now deceased, Michael Kay, along with his flagship store in NYC on Lexington Avenue where I visited many times. I was super impressed by the Revels.

I moved through many brands of speakers over the years, including, over 40 years ago, Fisher 111k, with a Marantz integrated amp, followed by JBLs, Magnepan, etc. About ten years ago I got the big Def Tech towers with built in powered subs. Wow, those were something. Little bright, siblance that drive me nuts at times, but super impressive bass for their time.

Fast forward to 2012 or so and my wife, who is a CPA, began working for Harman in their corporate headquarters in Stamford, Ct. I dreamed for years of owning Mark Levinson amps but just too expensive.

Well, she tells me one day she can get employee pricing on certain items.

Shortly thereafter I was, and am, the proud owner of the 208's, LCR. I love them.

About a year ago she retired and there went the amazing deals, oh, well.

Time to pm the members mentioned here. I need ceiling speakers now that I got the Anthem 1120.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Reply Speakers

Tags
Revel

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page