Revel Owners Thread - Page 297 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Baselworld is only a few weeks away. Getting the latest news is easy, Click Here for info on how to join the newsletter list. Follow our team for updates featuring event coverage, new product unveilings, watch industry news & more!

Forum Jump: 
post #8881 of 8884 Unread Today, 02:26 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 116 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2311 Post(s)
Liked: 1559
Are you guys drinking more of that Harman Koolaid?
Sponsored Links
post #8882 of 8884 Unread Today, 02:31 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 15 Post(s)
Quoted: 580 Post(s)
Liked: 624
Originally Posted by Gooddoc View Post
Are you guys drinking more of that Harman Koolaid?
It's not Kool-Aid, it's fine wine, picked out by Drs. Toole and Olive during double blind tasting tests
Gooddoc likes this.

John Schuermann Home Theater Design
JS Music and Sound Post Production Audio / Original Music for Film and Video
Check out my new movie!:
post #8883 of 8884 Unread Today, 02:51 PM
AVS Special Member
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Quoted: 770 Post(s)
Liked: 1017
Originally Posted by John Schuermann View Post
^^^^ YES!

As I mentioned before, I can't speak to the M20 since I've never heard it, but I have sat in on the same types of listening sessions and have been repeating the same Harman story here ad nauseum. Great to get some backup, lol.

The listening test we sat in on was the M16 against Polk, Monitor and KEF. Again, all in the room save 2 preferred the Revel. IIRC, there were 9 listeners. Second place was the Monitor, which to my ear was too bright. But I think it does prove that a brighter speaker is preferred by some.

Just try living with it for a while
Hi John. The Monitor Audio's were more lively and I picked them at the top of one of my selections. I'm also a Monitor Audio dealer. I'd parrot your subjective observation that they had more top end. My 51 year old ears error for more top end especially in the short run (5-10 minutes of listening). I enjoyed the MA's probably as much as the Concerta2's but they were "thinner" in their tonal balance. I too picked the B&W's last. In our blind demo, it was the Monitor Audio's, KEF's, B&W and Concerta2's. Everyone picked the B&W last. Most picked the KEF 2nd to the last. As you know, hearing is believing.

I am in the process of setting-up a personal system with the F206's (L, R, L&R Side, L&R rear), and the C208 center. Subjectively speaking, I personally picked the F206's over the F208's. Your mileage may vary. I am going to make a bracket for side onwall (4 heights) using the M106's. I will put to use the two screw holes on the bottom of the speakers that are usually used for the stands. For the subs I am going to use the new SVS SB-16U's (x2). I heard that at CES in a private showing. AMAZING!! Also a dealer for SVS.
post #8884 of 8884 Unread Today, 05:18 PM
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Quoted: 57 Post(s)
Liked: 30
The Paradigms are a very good speaker, but have a considerably brighter sound than the Revels. We sell both brands; if it tells you anything I chose the F208s for myself. I find that the Paradigm brightness grates after a while.

Good luck and have fun![/QUOTE]

I have a pair of F208s as well as a pair of Paradigm Signature S6v3 which I alternate between the two in my bedroom 2ch setup (music 100%). My experience comparing the two hooked up to a PS AUDIO Perfectwave DACII and Pass Labs XA30.5 amp, is somewhat different. I find the Revels more lively, transparent, and musical with great definition/articulation specially in the bass region whereas I find the Paradigm S6s more textured and intoxicating in the vocals, instruments sound ever slightly more natural, better imaging, more relaxed and laid back. Depending on the type of music I want to listen will depend on which speakers will be more to my liking. If I want to feel energized and upbeat and listen to pop/party/soft rock music, I prefer the Revels. But if I want to feel relaxed, peaceful and appreciate listening to some fine vocalists and instrumentals, then the Paradigm Signatures would be my choice.
Sponsored Links
Reply Speakers