Revel Owners Thread - Page 319 - AVS Forum | Home Theater Discussions And Reviews
Forum Jump: 
 871Likes
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-23-2017, 06:00 AM
Oppo Beta Group
 
RichB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 1999
Location: Massachusetts
Posts: 9,912
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 947 Post(s)
Liked: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPTON80 View Post
This question is for the wife. Did you go with the white or gray and does the wire have the writing on the jacket that looks kinda industrial?


A wise man once told me: Never ask a question if you are not prepared the answer,


I picked gray, because they have less contrast with the wood floors.


- Rich
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0121.jpg
Views:	74
Size:	231.8 KB
ID:	2044273  

Oppo UPD-203 | Sonica DAC | BDP-105D | HA-1 | PM-1 | Emotiva XMC-1 | ATI Signature AT6002 x 2 + AT6006 | Revel Salon2s, Voice2, Studio2s | Velodyne HGS-15 | LG B6 | Lumagen 2020
RichB is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-23-2017, 02:45 PM
Member
 
TRIPTON80's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: FL
Posts: 73
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 46 Post(s)
Liked: 22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichB View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRIPTON80 View Post
This question is for the wife. Did you go with the white or gray and does the wire have the writing on the jacket that looks kinda industrial?


A wise man once told me: Never ask a question if you are not prepared the answer,


I picked gray, because they have less contrast with the wood floors.


- Rich
Thanks for this!
TRIPTON80 is offline  
Old 03-23-2017, 04:13 PM
wse
AVS Forum Special Member
 
wse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: USA
Posts: 9,388
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2090 Post(s)
Liked: 767
wse is offline  
 
Old 03-25-2017, 07:44 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 36
I drove 30 miles one way yesterday to the nearest Revel dealer in my area. I was going to audition the F206. I took along a couple of my favorite CDs. The speakers sounded wonderful. I listened to them with Rotel processor and Rotel amplifier. They have a wonderful mid range, and are a beautiful speaker. I also looked at the F208. You get alot more speaker for $1500 more dollars with the 208. Revel has a promotion going where you get 30% off if you know a Ford employee who comes in the store with you and presents there employee badge. My mother and three of my sister's are retired from Fords, but it has to be an active Ford employee. No retirees. I would appreciate it if anyone with the F206 would chime in with there thoughts on the speaker.
jrhooper1963 is online now  
Old 03-25-2017, 07:58 AM
Senior Member
 
danthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Revel Owners Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
I drove 30 miles one way yesterday to the nearest Revel dealer in my area. I was going to audition the F206. I took along a couple of my favorite CDs. The speakers sounded wonderful. I listened to them with Rotel processor and Rotel amplifier. They have a wonderful mid range, and are a beautiful speaker. I also looked at the F208. You get alot more speaker for $1500 more dollars with the 208. Revel has a promotion going where you get 30% off if you know a Ford employee who comes in the store with you and presents there employee badge. My mother and three of my sister's are retired from Fords, but it has to be an active Ford employee. No retirees. I would appreciate it if anyone with the F206 would chime in with there thoughts on the speaker.


I bought mine in January and thoroughly enjoying them. To my ears they sound great top to bottom. There are numerous reviews online and I don't believe that they are an exaggeration.

I bought them without ever listening to them, and to quote me dealer, you'd have to be deaf not to like these speakers.

Since you've had opportunity to listen to them, you're in a great position to decide if you need more bass, as the rest of the speaker is the same. Some have said they like the 206 better than the 208, I'd say it's a matter of to each his own.

There are some authorized dealers on the forum who are a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited by danthony1; 03-25-2017 at 08:04 AM.
danthony1 is online now  
Old 03-25-2017, 08:17 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthony1 View Post
I bought mine in January and thoroughly enjoying them. To my ears they sound great top to bottom. There are numerous reviews online and I don't believe that they are an exaggeration.

I bought them without ever listening to them, and to quote me dealer, you'd have to be deaf not to like these speakers.

Since you've had opportunity to listen to them, you're in a great position to decide if you need more bass, as the rest of the speaker is the same. Some have said they like the 206 better than the 208, I'd say it's a matter of to each his own.

There are some authorized dealers on the forum who are a wealth of knowledge.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would be listening to them in two channel stereo, without a subwoofer at least for the time being. No home theater just for music listening. I am sure a sub would be added if necessary somewhere down the road. There is a pair of gloss black on Audiogon right now in like new condition. The owner is selling them because he wanted more low end and moved up to the 208. He must have gotten a really good discount on them, because he is selling them at a really "fair" price.
jrhooper1963 is online now  
Old 03-25-2017, 09:03 AM
Senior Member
 
danthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
I would be listening to them in two channel stereo, without a subwoofer at least for the time being. No home theater just for music listening. I am sure a sub would be added if necessary somewhere down the road. There is a pair of gloss black on Audiogon right now in like new condition. The owner is selling them because he wanted more low end and moved up to the 208. He must have gotten a really good discount on them, because he is selling them at a really "fair" price.


I have a sub and usually turn it off for music. I use pure mode on my pre.

Bass is hard to quantify, a lot depends on room size, configuration and musical taste, which I guess you can say about any part of a system.

If you thought the bass was light on the 206, you may want to step up. If you thought it was satisfactory you aren't getting different mids and tweeters so I wouldn't expect any other surprises.
Good luck with your choice. Deals can be found as you see.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
danthony1 is online now  
Old 03-25-2017, 10:22 AM
Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Naples, FL
Posts: 78
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
I drove 30 miles one way yesterday to the nearest Revel dealer in my area. I was going to audition the F206. I took along a couple of my favorite CDs. The speakers sounded wonderful. I listened to them with Rotel processor and Rotel amplifier. They have a wonderful mid range, and are a beautiful speaker. I also looked at the F208. You get alot more speaker for $1500 more dollars with the 208. Revel has a promotion going where you get 30% off if you know a Ford employee who comes in the store with you and presents there employee badge. My mother and three of my sister's are retired from Fords, but it has to be an active Ford employee. No retirees. I would appreciate it if anyone with the F206 would chime in with there thoughts on the speaker.
Surely one of your family members can get an active Ford employee to help you get that 30% discount. Don't pass on the chance to get F208's at that price. Buy once, cry once!
Rex Anderson is offline  
Old 03-25-2017, 10:34 AM
Advanced Member
 
steady teddy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2003
Location: Macomb, Michigan
Posts: 837
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 104 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
I drove 30 miles one way yesterday to the nearest Revel dealer in my area. I was going to audition the F206. I took along a couple of my favorite CDs. The speakers sounded wonderful. I listened to them with Rotel processor and Rotel amplifier. They have a wonderful mid range, and are a beautiful speaker. I also looked at the F208. You get alot more speaker for $1500 more dollars with the 208. Revel has a promotion going where you get 30% off if you know a Ford employee who comes in the store with you and presents there employee badge. My mother and three of my sister's are retired from Fords, but it has to be an active Ford employee. No retirees. I would appreciate it if anyone with the F206 would chime in with there thoughts on the speaker.
I'm an active Ford employee. Where do you live?

Mains: Revel Salon2's powered by ATI AT6002
Center: Revel C208
Surrounds: Revel F208
SW: SVS PB 13 Ultra
Amp: Emotiva XPR5 (surrounds & center)
steady teddy is offline  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:28 AM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by steady teddy View Post
I'm an active Ford employee. Where do you live?
Warren Mi. But if I buy, I would be foolish not to get the "new" 206's off audiogon. They are almost 50% off retail price. I appreciate your offer!
jrhooper1963 is online now  
Old 03-25-2017, 11:59 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2014
Location: Northern NJ & Myrtle Beach area, SC
Posts: 1,406
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Tagged: 1 Thread(s)
Quoted: 684 Post(s)
Liked: 349
Revel Owners Thread

I bought F206 in late Dec after listening to F208s at Revel dealer. Love the F206s for $1,500 less than F208. Have them paired with Outlaw Ultra X-12 and blend in perfect at 80 Hz crossover. Love both the mids & highs of the F206s.

Than 1 month ago received great 40% off sale on eBay for new pair of M16s; love those also & currently use for rear surround. Didn't want to swing mega-$$ for Performa 3 bookshelf speakers; didn't feel they were worth the extra $ vs. the M16s

Good luck & enjoy!
yanks1 is offline  
Old 03-25-2017, 12:39 PM
Senior Member
 
danthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Warren Mi. But if I buy, I would be foolish not to get the "new" 206's off audiogon. They are almost 50% off retail price. I appreciate your offer!


Look good and a great price. Someone even has a set of m106 of you need to go surround.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
danthony1 is online now  
Old 03-26-2017, 01:31 PM
Senior Member
 
Gary Sedlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Las Vegas,NV
Posts: 244
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 49 Post(s)
Liked: 47
Wondering if anyone has heard any more about the up coming Performa F208 Be and if they are going to have a matching center? I know the price is going to be higher so curious to know if it's going to be justifiable. This question is directed to the Revel dealers who post regularly here. Also wonder if they are still slated for late to mid summer release?

Clearly understand if there is not any info out yet or if it's not to be released to the public as yet.

Thanks G

Have fun with music and HT

Gary
Gary Sedlack is online now  
Old Yesterday, 03:47 PM
Senior Member
 
danthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
Warren Mi. But if I buy, I would be foolish not to get the "new" 206's off audiogon. They are almost 50% off retail price. I appreciate your offer!


They're off Audiogon. Did you buy them?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
danthony1 is online now  
Old Yesterday, 03:55 PM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthony1 View Post
They're off Audiogon. Did you buy them?


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
No I didn't. You snooze you lose! They were sold sometime Saturday night.
jrhooper1963 is online now  
Old Yesterday, 04:08 PM
Senior Member
 
danthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
No I didn't. You snooze you lose! They were sold sometime Saturday night.


I hear you. I missed out once on a set of m106 for my rears. Next time, made the deal as soon as they hit.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
danthony1 is online now  
Old Yesterday, 04:16 PM
Senior Member
 
jrhooper1963's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Posts: 354
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 82 Post(s)
Liked: 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by danthony1 View Post
I hear you. I missed out once on a set of m106 for my rears. Next time, made the deal as soon as they hit.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
They say everything happens for a reason. I tell you what, the 206 and 208 are both beautiful speakers. I would really love a pair of 208's. I would hold off on getting a sub for a while, just to enjoy them by themselves. That's a speaker that would satisfy me for life! No doubt!
jrhooper1963 is online now  
Old Yesterday, 04:18 PM
Senior Member
 
danthony1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 252
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 131 Post(s)
Liked: 49
Quote:
Originally Posted by jrhooper1963 View Post
They say everything happens for a reason. I tell you what, the 206 and 208 are both beautiful speakers. I would really love a pair of 208's. I would hold off on getting a sub for a while, just to enjoy them by themselves. That's a speaker that would satisfy me for life! No doubt!


If you are convinced then buy what you want and buy once.


Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
RichB, gsr and jrhooper1963 like this.
danthony1 is online now  
Old Today, 09:25 AM
AVS Forum Special Member
 
bakerwi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Southeastern USA
Posts: 3,019
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 67 Post(s)
Liked: 45
Greetings All,


Recommendation for a stereo console that can accommodate the C208 center.

Basement: Oppo BDP-103, Denon DVD-5910CI, Arcam FMJ BDP300
Master Bedroom: Sony BDP-S790
Family Room: Pioneer BDP-320
Breakfast Area: Pioneer BDP-320
Office: Cambridge 640C V2
Revel F208 (pair), C208
bakerwi is online now  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
 

Tags
Revel
Thread Tools


Forum Jump: 

Posting Rules  
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off