Update on the Harman speaker shootout we are holding this weekend - details have been finalized. I think we still have some slots open for those interested in attending. Much discussion about this in this thread:
Speaker Shootout - two of the most accurate and well reviewed speakers ever made
Remember, this is not a sales event; our goal is for this to be a fun and educational experience.
YOU ARE CORDIALLY INVITED TO COMPARE THE REVEL SALON2 VS. THE JBL M2 - FINAL DATES AND TIMES SET!
August 11, 12 and 13
Location – our residential showroom in North Colorado Springs (PM me or email for address, email address at bottom)
Friday August 11th
- 6 – 9 pm – casual hangout and listening, snacks and drinks provided
Saturday / Sunday Schedule (same both days, August 12th and 13th):
- 11 -12 pm: demo of the JBL Synthesis M2 / LSR708i / C763L / SDP75 based immersive audio setup, now Synthesis calibrated
- 12 pm – 1:30 pm: Break for lunch (lots of great places to eat within a short walking / driving distance)
- 1 – 1:30 pm – setup of blind listening session (you are welcome to observe or assist)
- 1:30 – 3:30 pm – Blind comparison between the M2s and the Salons (may run shorter or longer, depending on number of attendees)
- 3:30 – 4:30 pm – Revel Salon2 stereo listening session
- 4:30 – 5:30 pm – JBL M2 stereo listening session
- 5:30 – 6 pm – Requests taken (possible Revel F208s, F36)
Any and all are welcome to attend this unique get-together August 11, 12 and 13. There are several factors that make this listening test unique:
1. This is a “shootout” between two of the flagship speakers from one parent company, based on all the latest research coming out of Harman labs, still the largest and best equipped audio research facility in the world. In other words, this is not a test of “brand A vs. brand B,” but a test of two flagship speakers from the same parent company, but using different approaches of achieving similar goals.
2. We will attempt to properly blind part of the listening tests and conduct them in a scientifically controlled manner, taking advantage of direct input from Dr. Floyd Toole on testing methodology. To say we are honored to have him advising us on how to set up this event would be an understatement.
3. This is an attempt at demonstrating how a speaker listening test should properly be set up, where all factors such as speaker placement, source material, and volume are equalized. In addition, part of the listening sessions will be conducted in a truly blind fashion, with both speakers hidden from view so no one knows which speaker is playing at any given time.
I am also happy to report that Harman is sending us new JBL SDP75 surround processor / pre-amp as a loaner specifically for this event.
To RSVP, please PM me or email me at my personal address: