Forum Jump: 

post #661 of 674 Old 01-18-2011, 08:49 PM

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolarBearBait View Post

Hoping someone can guide me to where I can find one H300 and one H100, my drunk girlfriend damaged them and I can't seem to find any replacements.

Thanks
David Fawcett

A long shot I know, but maybe some of you Heritage owners have upgraded by now. I'm still looking for an Advent Heritage Two, H-center channel speaker. Or maybe a single H100 if someone out there has a pair where say... I don't know, that maybe drunk girlfriend damaged one?

And sorry for the bump on the old thread ... I thought I'd have better luck posting this in the "owners" thread than just in a wanted thread.

Thanks!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #662 of 674 Old 01-18-2011, 09:11 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Quoted: 209 Post(s)
Liked: 389
I've got an H-Center and four H-200s. I really don't want to break up the set though.

If you're interested in the H-center and one pair of H-200s I might be willing to do that.

All in great condtion, unfortunately I threw away the original boxes about a year ago when I moved. But I guarantee they'll be packaged carefully.
LL
LL

Afro GT
post #663 of 674 Old 01-19-2011, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by afrogt View Post

If you're interested in the H-center and one pair of H-200s I might be willing to do that...

Thanks for the offer. I'm guessing it's not going to pencil out, but PM sent anyway
post #664 of 674 Old 01-21-2011, 12:52 PM
AVS Special Member

I believe I have a pair of H-100 still new in the box. I'll need to check.

===================================

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 0 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
post #665 of 674 Old 01-22-2011, 11:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradewinds View Post

I believe I have a pair of H-100 still new in the box. I'll need to check.

Thanks, let me know.

By the way, I may try another angle. If I come up short on a center channel option, I may just go with another HT system and use the Advents in another application.

I have a line on some used Athena Point 5s - I got a quick listen and they sound pretty good but they aren't being driven well and I didn't have a lot of time. Any chance someone out there is familiar with the Athena point 5 and the Advent H 200 and can comment on their merits?
post #666 of 674 Old 04-29-2011, 10:16 PM
AVS Special Member

Just wondering if I can get some feedback on the value of my speakers. I'm thinking about listing them on Craigslist for a local sale and don't have a clue what to ask for them. (Not too eager to ship them, though I do have all of the original boxes and packing materials)

They are all Advent Heritage speakers. I have the following:

1 pair of H400 (towers)
1 pair of H300 (medium bookshelf)
2 pairs of H100 (small bookshelf)
1 center channel speaker

So 9 speakers as a package deal. All in absolutely pristine mint condition with the only imperfections at all being a few tiny barely noticeable nicks on the edges of the center channel.

Thanks for any insight.

My Ridiculously Inexpensive Dedicated Kick *** Home Theaters!

post #667 of 674 Old 05-03-2011, 09:23 PM

Hey everyone. This is my first post on this site and I'm so glad I found a forum that is entirely about these speakers. I just picked up a set of Advent Heritage front speakers for 15 dollars at a garage sale this past weekend. They looked like they were in pretty good condition, I just had to reconnect the wires to the back of the 8" subs, replace the fuse in one of them, and before I knew it, I got them working. I was amazed by the sound of them. The tweeters are very clear and give great sound. The subs were alright, I feel I like I could be getting more out of them though. But I couldn't be happier with my purchase.

Here is my setup:
Sony STR-K750P Audio Reciever
Was using all 5 sony speakers that came with it for my 5.1 surround in my room. But now I replaced my 2 front speakers with the Advent Heritage ones.

Is it possible to replace the 8" subs with other big name brand subs? Like JL audio or kicker, etc. Because I want to get the best sound out of these bad boys!
LL
post #668 of 674 Old 05-03-2011, 09:36 PM
AVS Addicted Member

the Advent Heritage speakers you bought are in no way related to the silver Advent Heritage speakers in this thread. These speakers are actually rebranded German Heco speakers that Audiovox somehow purchased and renamed Advents.

Your Heritage speakers are actually true Advent speakers. there are some on ebay going for way more than you paid. You got a smoking deal!!!
http://cgi.ebay.com/ADVENT-HERITAGE-...item336759eda3

To get the best out of those speakers you're going to need a better receiver than that Sony HTIB one you have now.

Afro GT
post #669 of 674 Old 05-03-2011, 09:49 PM

Ohh my apologies for posting here then. But yeah I was surprised that I got these speakers for only 15 bucks. Great deal. I love garage sales!
post #670 of 674 Old 05-03-2011, 10:08 PM
AVS Addicted Member

Not your fault, you didn't know. You got a great deal. There are a bunch a vintage Advent owners out there. I think they have a thread too.

Afro GT
post #671 of 674 Old 05-03-2011, 10:26 PM

Ohh sweet! I'll look for that thread then. Thanks!
post #672 of 674 Old 04-08-2012, 08:39 AM

I know this is an older thread, but I have 6 Advent Heritage H-200 Speakers for sale, plus an Advent Heritage Series 2-way Center-Channel Speaker for sale. I posted the speakers on Amazon.

Send me a message if you have any questions, thanks.
post #673 of 674 Old 04-21-2013, 08:14 AM
llj

Looking for one classic Advent Heritage speaker for use as a center channel
with an existing pair of Advent Heritage speakers.

Will consider buy a pair if necessary.

Please PM me if you can help out.

Thanks.

llj
post #674 of 674 Old 07-01-2013, 06:02 PM

Afrogt, if you're still are these days, I just picked up a pair of Advent Heritage speakers identical to those Mr. Beef displayed in his photos. At $15 a pair, Mr. Beef got a good deal. I, on the other hand, got an even better deal. My were found at the local GW and priced at $8.99 for the pair. On top of that I got my 'Old Coots' discount of 25%. The cabinets need some minor attention, i.e., the hardwood needs oiling, there's one minor scratch on the top of one of the cabinets, and one of the grills has a tiny bad spot on one corner (worn through on the outer portion of the frame), but it isn't noticeable when standing 3 or 4 feet away. The foams on all drivers are still quite solid and pliable, dust caps have been pushed in, but that's a pretty easy fix, and the tweeters are in excellent condition. Can't wait to hook them up to my old HK Citation 12 (using an Adcom pre).

I noticed in your reply to Mr. Beef you pointed out this model of speaker is not related to the 'silver' Heritage speakers. I also, I think, understand this model was actually produced by Advent and the 'silver' Heritage line by another manufacturer. Is that correct? It was also pointed out to Mr. Beef he had mistakenly posted in comments and photos on the wrong thread, that there was possibly another thread for Advent owners. I just wanted to point out I, too, would have made the same mistake as the title of this thread is, after all, "Advent Heritage Owners Thread." Isn't that correct? Given my speakers clearly state 'Heritage' on them, combined with the title of this thread, why would I or Mr. Beef have a clue we might be mis-posting due to an issue with this 'Heritage' label.

Oh, I also picked up a pair of virtually pristine Advent Mini's at the same GW of $5.99, less the 'Old Coot' discount (Gott'a love GW). I've had a couple pair of these in the past and found them to be pretty fair little bookshelf models - not as good as my RBH MC-414 units, but for the money (even when new) definitely not bad.

Anyway, thanks for the info regarding the varying Heritage products. Info is something always useful, always welcome.
Reply Speakers

User Tag List

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page